Page 110 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3287

I think that's it for me with Unwritten. I'm on vol 4 and I realized that I just really don't care. It's not painful to read but I don't feel the drive I felt with any other Carey book and the art doesn't add anything to the experience, it's just kinda there, looking like a pile of nothing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Just finished Annihilation: Conquest and on to GotG by Abnett and Lanning (omni including Thanos Imperative). After that, I'm not sure what to get to next. Maybe I'll finish the WW by Jimenez omni in preparation for getting the WW by Simone omni (I know they're not contiguous, but just to get in a WW mood).
    Just so you know every issue in the GotG omni is covered in the Annihilation/War of Kings saga. I didnt know this myself until recently.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Just so you know every issue in the GotG omni is covered in the Annihilation/War of Kings saga. I didnt know this myself until recently.
    Interesting, but luckily not a concern for me. I'm skipping as much of the WoKs stuff as I can. The Inhumans don't do it for me at all. Hopefully the DNA omni is sufficiently coherent w/o the tie-in stuff.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I finished Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns, and Moonage Daydreams. Mike Allred's artwork keeps getting better and this book is full of gorgeous Sci-Fi/Glitter punk imagery. A must read for fans of Bowie or Allred.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I finished Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns, and Moonage Daydreams. Mike Allred's artwork keeps getting better and this book is full of gorgeous Sci-Fi/Glitter punk imagery. A must read for fans of Bowie or Allred.
    definitely gonna get this one of these days!

Read Sinestro corps war, read it once like a decade ago and well, some things just don't hold up that well.
    It's a fine "smashy smashy, punchy punchy" book with mostly good art but there is barely any substance to it. And most the Earth lanterns are super boring. I feel like there is some really great potential in the whole GL concept but it's either just gets pushed to the side in favor of some boring action plot or it's Omega men which I could not care less about (despite that it was trying to do things that I wanted from GL).
    I want Gotham central in space +social issues (in space). Basically just a good cop or army drama but in space.

Also read Persepolis finally and while the art is super crude at times the story is just superb and very engaging. Absolutely loved it!

Spectacular Member

Finished up Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1-2 and Batman: Death in the Family. Almost done with the Annihilation omnibus. Started reading Punisher: Back to the War as well.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

I've started the Revival Deluxe Editions. So far liking it better than Nailbiter (same basic genre)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Finished rereading the Damnation mini-event by Donny Cates and Nick Spencer. Enjoyed it. The Iron Fist crossover issues are also very good. It'd be cool to get the Ed Brisson Iron Fist run in OHC at some point.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Also read Persepolis finally and while the art is super crude at times the story is just superb and very engaging. Absolutely loved it!
    I read the Complete Persepolis a few years back when visiting family in the UK as I borrowed it from the library. Definitely a good read. Preferred Vol. 1 to Vol. 2. For me, it was also interesting from the historical and political point of view as Iran is of interest to me ever sine I read Shah of Shahs by Ryszard Kapuściński. If you're interested in Iran at all or journalists reportages, Shah of Shahs is such an excellent read. I highly recommend it. Kapuściński wonderfully puts forward eyewitness accounts as well as his own.

One of my favourite books is Another Day of Life by Kapuściński on Angola. This was made into a very good film recently (animated biography).

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I read the Complete Persepolis a few years back when visiting family in the UK as I borrowed it from the library. Definitely a good read. Preferred Vol. 1 to Vol. 2. For me, it was also interesting from the historical and political point of view as Iran is of interest to me ever sine I read Shah of Shahs by Ryszard Kapuściński. If you're interested in Iran at all or journalists reportages, Shah of Shahs is such an excellent read. I highly recommend it. Kapuściński wonderfully puts forward eyewitness accounts as well as his own.

One of my favourite books is Another Day of Life by Kapuściński on Angola. This was made into a very good film recently (animated biography).

thanks for the recommendation. I was more interested in the individual journey as the political stuff is just really, really depressing but I will try to check this out.

Just finished reading 'Chew'. Easily the most hilarious comic that I've read yet, but I await whatever takes it's crown. All hail Poyo!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Reading the New 52 Justice League run at the moment. Started with the Absolute, which covers the first 12 issues or rather 13, as it is 0-12. That was ok and saved by Jim Lee art but nowhere near as fun as Johns' Aquaman or Green Lantern runs. The third arc Throne of Atlantis is actually part of the Aquaman run and it is awesome. As I have read the Aquaman run previously I skipped it this time. Arc 4 The Grid wasn't great. Also, this is the first time reading a Johns run that I have the feeling that I should have read other books in order to understand what's going on. For instance, I have no idea why there is a JL as well as a JLA and why the JLA is there to somehow stop / counteract the JL? Also why was there a fight with Martian Manhunter? All in all quite confusing.

Next up is Trinity war. I will finish the whole run including the Darkseid War Omnibus but I really hope it improves.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Just finished reading 'Chew'. Easily the most hilarious comic that I've read yet, but I await whatever takes it's crown. All hail Poyo!
    Sweet.....I recently picked up all 6 Omnivore hardcovers from a fellow collector for a steal ($120 CDN). Once I finish Revival that will likely be next.

Just finished Promethea vol.1 deluxe edition, was completely different than I expected but I really enjoyed it. Takes awhile to get going but works up to really heady stuff. If you like Moore and the metaphysical/philosophical I recommend it

Put me in the mood for LoEG so I cracked open the new omnibus; nice to read these in oversized format, perfect blend of writing and art. But holy hell is the binding tight! Gotta hold it open to read but I guess it won't fall apart, at least.

Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 1...Soooo good! Cannot believe I waited so long to jump in. Looking forward to volume 2!