Page 141 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3272

I've recently finished both of the Darth Vader OHCs by Soule and thoroughly enjoyed them. Didn't want the run to end. It's made me want to re-read Aaron's Star Wars again, so I'm now reading the first OHC of his run.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Yeah I had read everything prior to the Omni on MU. There is still quite a bit that I need to read though that was not covered in the Omni. For the Divided We Fall United We Stand crossover for example it can be confusing as only the spidey issues are included. I believe you need Ultimate Comics X-Men 13-18 and Ultimate Comics Ultimates 13-18 for the full arc. For cataclysm, they just give you a very brief summary as to what happened during the event before moving forward so I’ll need to read everything that was included in the cataclysm last stand trade. I also think you need to read All-New X-Men 31-36 and All-New Ultimates 1-6, everything that is included in the spider-verse OHC, All-New Ultimates 7-12, Secret Wars 1-9 and Secret Wars Battleword: Ultimate End 1-5. I think that’s about everything that wasn’t in the Omni and what you need to read prior to starting the second miles omni. So that would be my only complaint. All this supplemental reading you need to seek outside the Omni.
    Ok I do have some of the event OHCs for the Ultimate Universe, along with all of Spider-Man and the Ultimates (not All-New Ultimates I think). So I guess I could start an Ultimate universe read-through

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Ok I do have some of the event OHCs for the Ultimate Universe, along with all of Spider-Man and the Ultimates (not All-New Ultimates I think). So I guess I could start an Ultimate universe read-through
    It would be nice if someday Marvel can reprint the first Ultimate omni and finish out the run but they don’t seem very keen on it so I’m not holding my breath.

Currently reading Spider-Man: The Next Chapter. It's not bad, it's not good... it's kind of just there.

Spectacular Member

Just started up The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus. Gonna take a while to get through this 1400 page behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Just started up The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus. Gonna take a while to get through this 1400 page behemoth.
    My favorite Superman run! I have the trades myself. The impact of this story, in a time where it wasn't just "business as usual" to kill off major characters... wow. A true classic.

And some great artwork from Tom Grummet, a severely underrated artist and one of my absolute favorites, and Dan Jurgens at the top of his game. A shame with Jon Bogdanove though, who in turn is one of the worst artists I have ever had the pleasure of seeing on a comic book.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    My favorite Superman run! I have the trades myself. The impact of this story, in a time where it wasn't just "business as usual" to kill off major characters... wow. A true classic.

And some great artwork from Tom Grummet, a severely underrated artist and one of my absolute favorites, and Dan Jurgens at the top of his game. A shame with Jon Bogdanove though, who in turn is one of the worst artists I have ever had the pleasure of seeing on a comic book.
    I agree. Tom Grummett was great. It was quite a chore to get through the Bogdanove issues when I was reading the Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    Starting the original Kirby Eternals tonight (collects the first 19 or 20 issues).
    I truly appreciate Kirby's artwork and some of his story ideas. The dialogue and writing, though..... that was rough to get through, in my opinion. Felt the same way about his New Gods early work, too.

Going to try Alan Moore's Miracle Man, Vol. I next.

I just finished reading House of X/Powers of X. Mind blown. Now the last X-Men story I read before this (chronologically) was X-Men vs. Inhumans, and I did feel that I had missed out on quite a lot in the meantime (like some pretty prominent characters suddenly coming back from death) - but it didn't really hurt the story for me much. It was an impressive tale on a really large scale, possibly the largest scale ever for the X-Men, and it's obvious that Hickmann is the mastermind behind this epic. It's a grand pseudo-scientific tale with no stops pulled. I don't love everything introduced here (especially not the "ressurrection" concept), but I really want to see where it goes from here...

Spectacular Member

About to start on Crisis On Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition. Been a looooong time since I've read this one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    About to start on Crisis On Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition. Been a looooong time since I've read this one.
    Sweet. The first time I read this it was just the standard trade. The next time through I’m gonna read the deluxe as well along with the three companion deluxes for the full experience.

I just finished reading House of X/Powers of X. Mind blown. Now the last X-Men story I read before this (chronologically) was X-Men vs. Inhumans, and I did feel that I had missed out on quite a lot in the meantime (like some pretty prominent characters suddenly coming back from death) - but it didn't really hurt the story for me much. It was an impressive tale on a really large scale, possibly the largest scale ever for the X-Men, and it's obvious that Hickmann is the mastermind behind this epic. It's a grand pseudo-scientific tale with no stops pulled. I don't love everything introduced here (especially not the "ressurrection" concept), but I really want to see where it goes from here...
    Did you read the TPB that contains Powers of X 1-6 and House of X 1-6, or anything else as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Did you read the TPB that contains Powers of X 1-6 and House of X 1-6, or anything else as well?
    The OHC containing those issues you mention. Are there tie-ins or a prologue I missed?

The OHC containing those issues you mention. Are there tie-ins or a prologue I missed?
    I don't know. I was trying to find out myself haha. But I have just seen this and it seems you have everything covered:
    https://www.howtolovecomics.com/2019...reading-order/

I got the Mister Miracle deluxe, so I'm giving the story another go.
    Funnily enough, I find the DM hardcover that came out a while ago a bit superior, if not for the standard-size art. The colors pop up way better in the glossy paper than in the matte quality the deluxe has.