Page 76 of 219 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3277

Just finished Hell on Earth book 2 (not that keen on the new artwork)now starting Absolute Luthor/Joker

I'm currently reading Roche Limit Volume 1.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Started to read the Winterworld HC by Chuck Dixon and Jorge Zaffino.
    Let me know what you thought at the end. As I mentioned previously, I wasn't as impressed as I thought that I would be.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading Venom by Donny Cates Vol:1 Rex (TPB)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Let me know what you thought at the end. As I mentioned previously, I wasn't as impressed as I thought that I would be.
    Will do. Currently read the first two "chapters". Not bad at the moment.

Just finished The Goon Library Edition Vol. 1 and absolutely loved it! Can't wait to read the rest.

Now I'm 6 issues in the Aquaman by Goeff Johns Omnibus. It's my first time reading any Aquaman and I think it's pretty good! It reads well and the art is really nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones View Post
    Just finished The Goon Library Edition Vol. 1 and absolutely loved it! Can't wait to read the rest.

Now I'm 6 issues in the Aquaman by Goeff Johns Omnibus. It's my first time reading any Aquaman and I think it's pretty good! It reads well and the art is really nice.
    My Aquaman is waiting for me across the Atlantic...

I started Wolfmans Teen Titans. So far, so so good.

BANNED

I'm currently reading Superboy and The Legion of Super Heroes, vol. 1 HC

I always wanted to get in to Legion and finally did it with this book. The stories were really fun even if some of them were not well thought out... lol I liked that how politician are all nothing but villains for legion lol I read some of the Great Darkness saga before and didn't like it that much and dropped it but everyone says The Great Darkness Saga is the best story of Legion so since i liked what i read so far, i will give The Great Darknees saga another shot.

There is something that came to my attation in The Great Darkness saga which was all the legion members were married... Being all mostly at their teen ages, seeing all of them married was weird... They were all talking like ''ok husband'', ''thanks wife'' and stuff.... lol I was like WTF, one or two may be but all the team was freaking married to each other or something... lol and reading this, i can see that this weird crap comes from Paul Levits... every issues he wrote, there was a legion couple. It was like Lightning lad and Saturn girl, Timber wolf and whatever girl and Cosmic boy and whatever girl... they were like ''ok lover'', ''thanks lover''... up and down. And he even married Lightning freaking a LAD to Saturn GIRL... Paul... dude chill, calm down... lol I hope when they relaunch Legion with a reboot, there will be no married legionners and just one or two dating couples in legion for gods sake... lol
    Last edited by Gurz; 01-30-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I'm currently reading Superboy and The Legion of Super Heroes, vol. 1 HC

I always wanted to get in to Legion and finally did it with this book. The stories were really fun even if some of them were not well thought out... lol I liked that how politician are all nothing but villains for legion lol I read some of the Great Darkness saga before and didn't like it that much and dropped it but everyone says The Great Darkness Saga is the best story of Legion so since i liked what i read so far, i will give The Great Darknees saga another shot.

There is something that came to my attation in The Great Darkness saga which was all the legion members were married... Being all mostly at their teen ages, seeing all of them married was weird... They were all talking like ''ok husband'', ''thanks wife'' and stuff.... lol I was like WTF, one or two may be but all the team was freaking married to each other or something... lol and reading this, i can see that this weird crap comes from Paul Levits... every issues he wrote, there was a legion couple. It was like Lightning lad and Saturn girl, Timber wolf and whatever girl and Cosmic boy and whatever girl... they were like ''ok lover'', ''thanks lover''... up and down. And he even married Lightning freaking a LAD to Saturn GIRL... Paul... dude chill, calm down... lol I hope when they relaunch Legion with a reboot, there will be no married legionners and just one or two dating couples in legion for gods sake... lol
    They weren't actually teens at that point though. I can't remember exactly in which one it was but there was an issue during the 70s where it's stated that the Legion had now been around for 10 years. Also, when Dave Cockrum took over as artist in the early 70s he quietly started drawing them as adults rather than teens - check out some of the costumes that he designed if you don't believe me!

Slott & Allred's Silver Surfer Omnibus....It is so much fun! I have been having some long tough days at work recently, so coming home and being able to sit down with this book has really lifted my spirit. It is a delight!

Just finished Winterworld and I'm mostly disappointed. I liked the story, but I wasn't keen on the artwork. There were too many panels where it took me a while to figure out what I was looking at...
    I just finished it today. I thought it wasn't bad. There could have been more character development and in particular the relationship between Scully and Wynn. I wouldn't have minded another chapter to flesh out the story more. I get what you mean regarding the artwork - there are definitely panels that are not exactly clear as to what happened and I had to go back several times to get a better grasp. I think one of the word bubbles was also in the wrong place. Saying that, I still quite liked the art by Zaffino and I thought it worked quite well most of the time - a kind of ruggedness but with detail. Overall, I would say both Winterworld and the second story Wintersea were quite good but not amazing. The book itself is very good quality with nice thick paper and sewn.

I first got into Winterworld through the second series (almost 30 years after the first series) also written by Chuck Dixon but drawn by Butch Guice, whom I'm a fan of. I bought the first several floppies as they came out but stopped after a while. I'll be starting the Winterworld Better Angels Colderl Hearts TPB which contains the 8-issue series plus the 3-issue follow-up Frozen Fleet.

I finished Roche Limit Volume 1. I'm still not sure what I think of it. I do feel the need to read all 3 volumes though, so onward to volume 2; Clandestiny.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I just finished it today. I thought it wasn't bad. There could have been more character development and in particular the relationship between Scully and Wynn. I wouldn't have minded another chapter to flesh out the story more. I get what you mean regarding the artwork - there are definitely panels that are not exactly clear as to what happened and I had to go back several times to get a better grasp. I think one of the word bubbles was also in the wrong place. Saying that, I still quite liked the art by Zaffino and I thought it worked quite well most of the time - a kind of ruggedness but with detail. Overall, I would say both Winterworld and the second story Wintersea were quite good but not amazing. The book itself is very good quality with nice thick paper and sewn.

I first got into Winterworld through the second series (almost 30 years after the first series) also written by Chuck Dixon but drawn by Butch Guice, whom I'm a fan of. I bought the first several floppies as they came out but stopped after a while. I'll be starting the Winterworld Better Angels Colderl Hearts TPB which contains the 8-issue series plus the 3-issue follow-up Frozen Fleet.
    Wait, there's more after Winterworld and Wintersea?!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Wait, there's more after Winterworld and Wintersea?!
    Yes, there sure is:

Winterworld Better Angels/Colder Hearts TPB (2016 IDW)
    Collects Winterworld (2014 IDW) #0-7 and Winterworld: Frozen Fleet (2015) #1-3. Written by Chuck Dixon. Art by Butch Guice, Tomas Giorello, Tommy Lee Edwards & Esteve Polls. Cover by Steve Epting. The apocalyptic tale of an Earth turned into an icy hell continues in these new stories that pick up where the original graphic novel left off. Follow Scully and Wynn as they travel across a brutal world in search of Wynn's parents only to find that the coldest place on Earth is the human heart. Collects the eight-issue series plus the never-before collected Frozen Fleet mini-series. Softcover, 248 pages, full color. Cover price $29.99

Below is a link to the book on amazon.com with an option of "Look inside" if you want to take a gander and see if it's to your liking.

https://www.amazon.com/Winterworld-B.../dp/1631404776

Hmmmm, that seems to be what I have. I'm confused. I have the Winterworld HC with Wintersea added on. I definitely remember finding the parents.