Page 20 of 221 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Uncanny Xmen Omnibus Vol 2

I finished the Catwoman by Balent vol. 1 TPB. I found it awful.

Mister Miracle tp and Thor Omnibus by Straczynski.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Batman/Daredevil: King of New York GN - very mediocre story by Alan Grant with a "helpless" Batman. Nice art by Eduardo Barreto.

I read the first JLA Silver age Omnibus. Wow, was that tough to get through.

Devouring Star Wars: dawn of the jedi volume 1 to 3
    Then later Star Wars Omnibus - A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1 - 5
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-16-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Eclipse vol 1 & 2 tpb's. Good sci-fi murder mystery and conspiracy in a dystopian future where sun exposure will instantly kill. Enjoying it so far and will continue when next volume releases.

Horizon vol 1 tpb. I liked the story concept, but didn't care much for the execution of it, the writing, or the art. Won't be continuing.

Green Valley OHC. I'd heard a lot of positives on this when the singles were coming out. It wasn't amazing, but it was good enough that I read it all in one sitting. Story has a strong twist early on that makes you want to see how it plays out, despite being a bit of a trope. A tough book to discuss without getting into major spoilers. Solid writing by Max Landis and good Giuseppe Camuncoli art with excellent coloring.

Invincible OHC'S vol. 1-6. Started a complete re-read to finish before the final volume hits in a few months. I've read the first 9 volumes before and have 10 and 11 to read for the first time before getting the last one. It's all just as good the second time as it was the first. Seriously, I absolutely love this book. If it all wraps up with even a half way decent ending it will easily be in my all-time top 10 list, an amazing ending could vault it to top 5.

Daredevil: Shadowland omni. Starting this now as I take breaks on Invincible to stretch it out. Just flipped through it and had forgotten there's some pretty good art in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I flew through Gotham central. it's like binging a good tv series. LOVE that book.
    You are right. It is like a good tv series! Really enjoying it so far.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I just wrapped up Shadowland and I have either Grendel Tales omnibus vol. 2 or Low deluxe HC by Remender on the list next.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Skimmed trough the Captain Universe mini-series by Jay Faerber. It's made up of five one-shots: Hulk, Daredevil, X-23, Invisible Woman and Silver Surfer as well as material from Amazing Fantasy #13-14. I was interested due to Daredevil's participation in the crossover and in part due to Silver Surfer. It was quite well written and the art was pretty good. I've generally found Jay Faerber very readable and enhoyed some of his other stuff such as Copperhead.

Another read-a-thon, this time with Ex Machina. Great series, just keeps getting better and better.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I finished the Catwoman by Balent vol. 1 TPB. I found it awful.
    Really?? That's easily my favorite Catwoman series.

I know, I know... nostalgia's a helluva drug.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Eclipse vol 1 & 2 tpb's. Good sci-fi murder mystery and conspiracy in a dystopian future where sun exposure will instantly kill. Enjoying it so far and will continue when next volume releases.

Horizon vol 1 tpb. I liked the story concept, but didn't care much for the execution of it, the writing, or the art. Won't be continuing.

Green Valley OHC. I'd heard a lot of positives on this when the singles were coming out. It wasn't amazing, but it was good enough that I read it all in one sitting. Story has a strong twist early on that makes you want to see how it plays out, despite being a bit of a trope. A tough book to discuss without getting into major spoilers. Solid writing by Max Landis and good Giuseppe Camuncoli art with excellent coloring.

Invincible OHC'S vol. 1-6. Started a complete re-read to finish before the final volume hits in a few months. I've read the first 9 volumes before and have 10 and 11 to read for the first time before getting the last one. It's all just as good the second time as it was the first. Seriously, I absolutely love this book. If it all wraps up with even a half way decent ending it will easily be in my all-time top 10 list, an amazing ending could vault it to top 5.

Daredevil: Shadowland omni. Starting this now as I take breaks on Invincible to stretch it out. Just flipped through it and had forgotten there's some pretty good art in this.
    I read GV as it came out in singles. I was disappointed, largely because I was looking forward to a real medieval comic (I still don't have one ), and obviously, it isn't. Without that prior expectation, I would probably rate it higher.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I read GV as it came out in singles. I was disappointed, largely because I was looking forward to a real medieval comic (I still don't have one ), and obviously, it isn't. Without that prior expectation, I would probably rate it higher.
    Prince Valiant? Templar? I'm pretty sure there is some French series as well but I can't recall it right now.

I was aware of Templar, but damn it, Prince Valiant looks awesome - thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”