Page 89 of 219 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3272
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Have you read Marvels by Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross? Eye of the Camera is a follow-up to that.
    Yes.I got the Marvels Limited series waay back when it was first published.Great story and art.
    And now as i did not had that limited series anymore so i am collecting the Marvels:Annotated Limited series that is curently in #3.The first issue have Marvels:0 that i had not read.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 06-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yes.I got the Marvels Limited series waay back when it was first published.Great story and art.
    And now as i did not had that limited series anymore so i am collecting the Marvels:Annotated Limited series that is curently in #3.The first issue have Marvels:0 that i had not read.
    There is one more collection of "Marvels" i.e. Marvels Companion TPB. No Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross but also features painted art and reporter Phil Sheldon is a recurring character. Not an amazing collection but it completes the Marvels set if you're a completist.

Extraordinary Member

Finished reading King's Vision again. I liked it more on the first read, and I feel there are a lot of references I missed.

Astonishing Member

There is one more collection of "Marvels" i.e. Marvels Companion TPB. No Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross but also features painted art and reporter Phil Sheldon is a recurring character. Not an amazing collection but it completes the Marvels set if you're a completist.
    Thank you for the info.I did not knew about that TPB.I vaguely recall a few stories from that TPB but i never read any of those stories.So i will be buying this TPB as well.With the new Marvels Epilogue story by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross that will be published in July.I will have a cool collection of Marvels stories.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thank you for the info.I did not knew about that TPB.I vaguely recall a few stories from that TPB but i never read any of those stories.So i will be buying this TPB as well.With the new Marvels Epilogue story by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross that will be published in July.I will have a cool collection of Marvels stories.
    No worries mate. I bought a copy a couple of years back for pretty cheap from the amazon.co.uk marketplace. I'm sure it's still around at pretty low prices

The writeup for it is:

Delve deeper into the universe of Marvels as six fully painted masterpieces reveal the ordinary lives in the shadow of the extraordinary. What happens to innocents caught in the crossfi re of a blockbuster Silver Surfer batt le? Can a fish out of water, the amnesiac Sub-Mariner, conquer his inner demons among Manhattan's homeless? Experience the wonder of Wonder Man through the eyes of his greatest fan, learn how one of New York's Finest protects and serves in a city of miracles, and join a Daily Bugle reporter as he uncovers the conspiracy at the heart of...everything!

COLLECTING: TALES OF THE MARVELS: BLOCKBUSTER, TALES OF THE MARVELS: INNER DEMONS, TALES OF THE MARVELS: WONDER YEARS 1-2; CODE OF HONOR 1-4, CONSPIRACY 1-2, RUINS 1-2

I'm almost ashamed to say this but I've started reading Ms. Marvel and damn this is absolutely fantastic. Kamala takes my spot for best new character since... a long time.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Astonishing Member

No worries mate. I bought a copy a couple of years back for pretty cheap from the amazon.co.uk marketplace. I'm sure it's still around at pretty low prices

The writeup for it is:

Delve deeper into the universe of Marvels as six fully painted masterpieces reveal the ordinary lives in the shadow of the extraordinary. What happens to innocents caught in the crossfi re of a blockbuster Silver Surfer batt le? Can a fish out of water, the amnesiac Sub-Mariner, conquer his inner demons among Manhattan's homeless? Experience the wonder of Wonder Man through the eyes of his greatest fan, learn how one of New York's Finest protects and serves in a city of miracles, and join a Daily Bugle reporter as he uncovers the conspiracy at the heart of...everything!

COLLECTING: TALES OF THE MARVELS: BLOCKBUSTER, TALES OF THE MARVELS: INNER DEMONS, TALES OF THE MARVELS: WONDER YEARS 1-2; CODE OF HONOR 1-4, CONSPIRACY 1-2, RUINS 1-2
    It looks quite interesting even without having stories by Kurt Busiek.
    I will be getting that TPB to complete my collection of Marvels stories and it is still available in Amazon.

I've started reading Iron Fist Epic Collection: The Fury of Iron Fist. What a great read with some very good art. Man, I would love for this to get the Omnibus treatment.

Just finished Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omnibus Vol. 1. Didn't read much of Wolverine in the past except the Death of Wolverine Complete Collection and Return of Wolverine.. I liked it! Pretty good overall. In 2 weeks i'll receive my Wolverine Goes to Hell Omni and will get on it.

Now i'm gonna continue Y The Last Man. I still have about 13-14 issues to go. So good!!

Incredible Member

Just finished Luke Cage MMW 1 and pleasantly surprised. I wasn't really expecting much, but it kept me engaged and had some solid street level action. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it is Goodwin and Englehart on script.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I just started Amazing Spider-man Vol 4 Omnibus. So much fun!

Bruvydsb

Finally started reading Doom Patrol (Morrison). Really enjoying it so far and the good news is I can skip the weights at the gym as I am getting plenty a workout hauling it around the house.

Im reading the World of Edenia by Moebius HC that DH put out. Good stuff. Hope they expand the Moebius Library range. Seems to be dead, and we only got one actual story...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Im reading the World of Edenia by Moebius HC that DH put out. Good stuff. Hope they expand the Moebius Library range. Seems to be dead, and we only got one actual story...
    He also wrote Blueberry. That's also translated, isn't it?

Asterix Omnibus Vol. 1.

I'm enjoying it, but not as much as i thought i would. Might be something with the translation. The scripting seems a little flat.