Page 111 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3272
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 1...Soooo good! Cannot believe I waited so long to jump in. Looking forward to volume 2!
    Came to post the same. Although it will be considered blasphemy by some, I am loving the new colors. Can't wait to have a full set to sit next to my Sandman Absolutes.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I was feeling very crime noir; so I read Brubaker & Rucka's Batman and 'Tec run along with Gotham Central. Hot damn I always forget how good they are together.

The pulp in these stories were amazing and I wish they would revisit Gotham Central in a DC Black Label title.

But no I am on a Brubaker kick and I am going to start his X-Men run since I never read it before.

Despite my current streak of not caring for superhero comics, I've just read the Super sons omnibus.
    Probably gonna end up selling it but it was actually pretty fun.
    I think I'm just sick of the cyclical nature of DC and MArvel at this point and that nothing matters, I wish this could've been a standalone universe, kinda like Invincible, but if you are into DC it's actually a good read with mostly good art and it's very all ages without being too childish.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started reading BONE: Full Color One Volume Edition HC. The art and colours are very simple but very nice to look at in particular some of the facial expressions. The story isn't amazing but every evening I look forward to reading it and there's quite a bit of story building taking place.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was feeling very crime noir; so I read Brubaker & Rucka's Batman and 'Tec run along with Gotham Central. Hot damn I always forget how good they are together.

The pulp in these stories were amazing and I wish they would revisit Gotham Central in a DC Black Label title.

But no I am on a Brubaker kick and I am going to start his X-Men run since I never read it before.
    Same. Gotham Central was one of my favorite reads of the last few years.....I didn't know Brubaker did a lengthy Daredevil run so, I have a line on a guy selling both omni's for a good price. Hope to have those in hand by the weekend.

Still slowly getting through Revival, and picked up Vol. 4 - 6 of the Invincible Ultimate Collection so I can continue where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Still slowly getting through Revival, and picked up Vol. 4 - 6 of the Invincible Ultimate Collection so I can continue where I left off.
    I really liked Revival. However, I felt there was no real need to read it again, so I ended up selling off my copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I really liked Revival. However, I felt there was no real need to read it again, so I ended up selling off my copies.
    Yeah I feel like that will be the same for me. Nailbiter is definitely in that camp.

Incredible Member

Finished the New 52 Justice League run with the Darkseid War Omnibus, which was really great. Cool story that was very creative compared to the rest of the run, wouldn't have expected something like that at the end. Awesome art by Manapul and Fabok and also by the stand-ins. After that I read Paper Girls Deluxes 1 and 2 and now really want to read 3.

Now onto the Punisher Max by ENnis. Read volume 1 and now halfway through volume 2. Very good run, Marvel should have these Max runs more often.

Bit of warning: if you own these omnibuses and have not opened them up, consider doing so as my volume 2 has really shitty binding which is coming apart. This will require quite some repair work

Spectacular Member

Just finished Conan Chronicles Epic Collection: Out of Darksome Hills. Really enjoyed it. Now starting up Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 1.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Same. Gotham Central was one of my favorite reads of the last few years.....I didn't know Brubaker did a lengthy Daredevil run so, I have a line on a guy selling both omni's for a good price. Hope to have those in hand by the weekend.
    Brubaker's Daredevil is amazing; you're in for a treat. I would also recommend Bendis' Daredevil which takes place right before. This is Bendis at his best.

American Vampire omnibus, enjoying it despite the art (which I’m not digging)

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Brubaker's Daredevil is amazing; you're in for a treat. I would also recommend Bendis' Daredevil which takes place right before. This is Bendis at his best.
    Thanks for the heads up.......was wondering if it was worth a look. I was a huge Bendis fan before he became stretched thin at Marvel.

Amazing Member

Thanks for the heads up.......was wondering if it was worth a look. I was a huge Bendis fan before he became stretched thin at Marvel.
    Absolutely read the Bendis run before jumping into Brubaker's. Bendis upends the status-quo and Brubaker picks up immediately afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by GemSaloon007 View Post
    Absolutely read the Bendis run before jumping into Brubaker's. Bendis upends the status-quo and Brubaker picks up immediately afterward.
    Ordered.....Vol.1 here tomorrow to get started. Thanks.