Page 123 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3284

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Currently reading Ninjak Deluxe Edition Vol 1. I enjoyed the first two parts but the last has been uneven. Too bad it’s gonna be next to impossible to get Vol 2 considering the obscene prices. Valiant does such limited print runs so it’s a shame so much of their stuff can go OOP quickly. I want to get the XO Manowar Deluxe Editions but very difficult to get a good deal on them. They were supposed to have a compendium come out but I can’t find it anywhere.
    If you want a few for normal prizes check this: https://www.cheap-comics.com/product...c/x-o-manowar/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    If you want a few for normal prizes check this: https://www.cheap-comics.com/product...c/x-o-manowar/
    I checked that site out but shipping to the US is not an option. Thanks though.

On another note, after finishing Ninjak I started Deadly Class Vol 4. Just got done with it. Quite the cliffhanger. I’m enjoying the series quite a bit up to this point. Looking forward to Vols 5-8.

After rereading C.O.W.L. I'm now rereading another book I like a lot by Higgins/Siegel/Reis...Hadrian's Wall.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Onto the Ex Machina Omnibus by K Vaughan & Tony Harris.
    Read the series before but not for a long time. Looking forward to seeing if it still holds up.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Read the series before but not for a long time. Looking forward to seeing if it still holds up.
    It's been a while since I read it. Let me know what you think of it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Power Man and Iron Fist Epic Collection 1-3 (and the rest of it too in single issues)
    Heroes for Hire by Ostrander Vol 1-2
    Immortal Iron Fist Vol 1-5
    Immortal Weapons
    Iron Fist the Living Weapon Vol 1-2
    Iron Fist by Brisson Vol 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I've reread it last year after like 5 or 6 years and I think it held up pretty well. Even tho I fell out of love with Harris' art during those years, it didn't bother me as much as it did with Starman.

Jem and the Holograms/JatH: Misfits/JatH: Infinite:
    Kelly Thompson's modern reboot of the 80s cartoon (I've never seen) starts out stupid, continues to be fairly stupid, it becomes inconsistent with the art to the point where it's actually ugly (which is not great for a series about fabulous rockstars aimed at young women I think) and the ending is kinda left open without any new issues in sight...
    AND I LOVED IT and I want more!
    Whatever doesn't work with Jem is balanced out with tons of personal drama, relationship stuff and just over all good vibes.
    There are almost a dozen characters to balance in a fairly short time (with all the sci fi plots baked into the personal drama plots it doesn't really have a lot of downtime) and Thompson mostly does a very good job with it.
    Even the weird, parallel universe crossover is a pretty natural fit.
    Gotta say tho, my favorite part was the Misfits mini where every issue focused on a different band member's back story and the art was very consistent and fit the story really well (I would say more so than original artist Sophie Campbell)

Motor girl: as a fan of Terry Moore's previous books I was a bit disappointed with this one.
    The story felt short and too much like a quick exercise for me to truly be engaged (I know it's 10 issues but with his storytelling it felt like 3) and the ending (even though I knew it was coming) was disappointingly cliched.
    Also the funny parts and goofy characters really took me out of an otherwise very serious story.
    Still, not bad but it's my least favorite of his works and I don't think I will ever want to revisit it.

Days of sugar and spice: digital only from Europe comics.
    Unhappy 20something graphic designer inherits a small town bakery, which she wants to sell, but she slowly starts to discover a connection with her deceased, absent father.
    A bit cliched but absolutely heartwarming GN with very cute art.
    It's a 140 pages of feel good, fun and often moving little story. Really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Batman omnibus by Snyder, no idea what to expect
    I bought this recently and really looking forward to it. I read a couple of the Court of Owls trades and really enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Stray Bullets is excellent, need to do a re-read myself soon.
    I read one random Stray Bullets book and loved it. I have the Humble Bundle collection somewhere, so will give it a proper go some time soon.

Spectacular Member

Just finished Deadly Class Vols 5-8. Read Punisher: The Platoon in between. Next up will be Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus Vols 1-2.

I just finished The Walking Dead and oh my, I loved every minute of it, right up until The Commonwealth. Everything after that felt out of place and boring. I wish that I had just not read the last couple of volumes.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Currently reading “We Are The Avengers”
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I just finished reading "Infinite Crisis" for the first time. It was... confusing to me. I only read the main series, and felt that I missed out on many plot details by not having access to the tie-ins. I really hate it when cross-overs are constructed that way.

Now I've always been more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy, but did collect both Superman and Batman when I was younger - and thought that I had a decent grip on the DC Universe. But man was I introduced to a horde of characters that I've never seen or heard of before! Which, of course, is no fault but my own. But a bunch of heroes and villains getting killed of just doesn't hold the same gravity when they are completely unknown entities, all of them (well, except that one "big one"). Overall, the storyline had some good moments - but ultimately fell a bit flat to me and didn't live up to the hype.

Here's hoping that Final Crisis will impress me more, as I recently bought that one as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I just finished reading "Infinite Crisis" for the first time. It was... confusing to me. I only read the main series, and felt that I missed out on many plot details by not having access to the tie-ins. I really hate it when cross-overs are constructed that way.

Now I've always been more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy, but did collect both Superman and Batman when I was younger - and thought that I had a decent grip on the DC Universe. But man was I introduced to a horde of characters that I've never seen or heard of before! Which, of course, is no fault but my own. But a bunch of heroes and villains getting killed of just doesn't hold the same gravity when they are completely unknown entities, all of them (well, except that one "big one"). Overall, the storyline had some good moments - but ultimately fell a bit flat to me and didn't live up to the hype.

Here's hoping that Final Crisis will impress me more, as I recently bought that one as well...
    Infinite Crisis is definitely not self-contained or new-reader friendly. That said, the build-up to it, as well as many of the tie-ins, are excellent, it was a very well coordinated event. And if you have the requisite knowledge and can read the full story, it's quite good, in my opinion. If you read more DC comics (including the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, which it really helps to be familiar with since Infinite Crisis is almost a direct sequel to the original), I highly recommend maybe circling back around to Infinite Crisis one more time and see if you feel differently.

As for Final Crisis, well, if you aren't an expert in the DCU, good luck. It is dense and if you aren't familiar with a ton of DC (especially Kirby's Fourth World work) it probably won't do much for you. I adore Final Crisis, but I know DC comics well and love Morrison, but it's very divisive.