Page 94 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3272
    Incredible Member

Reading through Spectacular Spider-Man MMW 1. Digitally just read the Michael Straczynski Thor run which carried through to Gillens run. Might read the Loki omni soon.

willc68

Reading through Hulk Vol 1 of Marvel Essentials. Every now and then I like the B&W format of the Essentials books.
    Dick Ayers artwork on Tales to Astonish 59 is particularly awful but I love every bit of it.

Just finished Southern Bastards deluxe book 1 by Jason Aaron. Really enjoyable non superhero read. If you enjoyed Criminal by Brubaker, this may be right up your alley. Am looking forward to the release of book 2

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Just finished Southern Bastards deluxe book 1 by Jason Aaron. Really enjoyable non superhero read. If you enjoyed Criminal by Brubaker, this may be right up your alley. Am looking forward to the release of book 2
    I enjoyed the first hardcover too. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a second. The rest of the series is available in TPB though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I enjoyed the first hardcover too. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a second. The rest of the series is available in TPB though.
    The second deluxe is planned for a release in january, I believe. But it has been delayed for severall times.

I finishedSeven Soldiers omni, good read overall. The first 2/3rds were really great, loved the pacing and the writing, a few twists that I didn't see coming. But I thought it went downhill for the last-third, especially the Mr Miracle story was a step down from the rest. Still glad I picked it up and I'll revisit it someday I'm sure.

Now I'm about 400 pages into the beast-of-a-book Death and Return of Superman omni. Good stuff so far, I only read a few of these issues when they came out originally. Excited to see where it goes (besides the obvious).

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Currently reading The Avengers V4 Omnibus. Over the last two days I read The Avengers 89-97.

Now at age 47, I have finally read the Kree/Skrull war after having heard about it for 37 years or so. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and loved the art by Adams and the Buscema brothers. I consider the time period when this came out to be Marvel’s Golden Age...something about 70s Marvel seems to be what I like best from them. Looking forward to reading the rest of the book this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Currently reading The Avengers V4 Omnibus. Over the last two days I read The Avengers 89-97.

Now at age 47, I have finally read the Kree/Skrull war after having heard about it for 37 years or so. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and loved the art by Adams and the Buscema brothers. I consider the time period when this came out to be Marvel’s Golden Age...something about 70s Marvel seems to be what I like best from them. Looking forward to reading the rest of the book this week.
    One of these days, I'd like to read all those classic Marvel stories. I'm mostly a DC guy, with most of my collection being post-Crisis through around 2001. There are characters from Marvel that I've liked, but never got around to reading much of their comics. And especially now that I'm a huge fan of the MCU movies, I'd like to read more of the comics that inspired those movies.

Have about 4 marvel books left after getting rid of loads (all the whales too) but for some reason I got the brubaker daredevil reprints again, cracked open vol one today, man, is that some good stuff, it’s rekindled my interest in DD again, are the mark waid omni’s Worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Have about 4 marvel books left after getting rid of loads (all the whales too) but for some reason I got the brubaker daredevil reprints again, cracked open vol one today, man, is that some good stuff, it’s rekindled my interest in DD again, are the mark waid omni’s Worth getting?
    I've enjoyed them initially but when I've attempted a reread of the issues I've already read and finishing the whole run (after the last ohc came out) I got bored with it halfway through and sold it.
    Bendis' and Brubaker's run were so binge worthy, couldn't put them down, but Waid writes more episodic superhero stories, very different tone and art too. And when you get a lesser artist (so not Rivera or Marcos) the enjoyment dropped a few steps further for me.

Soule's run had good points but some of it was just silly and the ending felt rushed and was kind of bs.

I would just stop after Brubaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've enjoyed them initially but when I've attempted a reread of the issues I've already read and finishing the whole run (after the last ohc came out) I got bored with it halfway through and sold it.
    Bendis' and Brubaker's run were so binge worthy, couldn't put them down, but Waid writes more episodic superhero stories, very different tone and art too. And when you get a lesser artist (so not Rivera or Marcos) the enjoyment dropped a few steps further for me.

Soule's run had good points but some of it was just silly and the ending felt rushed and was kind of bs.

Oh well, saves me some money

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Finished reading Action Comics #1000 Deluxe OHC.

I reread Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Volume 1 in anticipation for Volume 2. Now I'm about half way through Volume 2. I haven't read these issues since they were originally published so it's quite a different experience reading them all in one go.

Before GM's Batman, I read the Amazing Spider-man Omnibus Volume 4. It awesome having so many issues of ASM in Omnibus format. I really hope Marvel continues with Volume 5 and 6 and so on at least until they hit Roger Stern's run.

BANNED

Finished Tales of the Batman - Gene Colan, Vol 1 the other night and now about halfway through Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis, Vol 1.

Some of the best artwork ever on Batbooks right here along with some truly cringeworthy dialogue. I totally forgot how different Bruce was portrayed back then

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

I think Waid's run starts off great, it was a much needed change of tone. He loses it and I think must have been having personal or legal trouble. I'd recommend the first couple OHC's though.