Page 171 of 176 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2639
  1. #2551
    Fantastic Member Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Brubaker is next, then Shadowland and Waid. And the Soule run will follow when it's released.
    Yeah I started on Shadowland myself today.

    I think I'll stop after that however, as what I read from Waid's run didn't impress me previously.

  2. #2552
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Waid’s run was great and a million times better than Diggle’s.

  3. #2553
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Yeah I started on Shadowland myself today.

    I think I'll stop after that however, as what I read from Waid's run didn't impress me previously.
    I'm gonna find out. I think I'll like it though.

  4. #2554
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'm gonna find out. I think I'll like it though.
    Just be prepared for the change in art style. That's what knocks you a little for six when you start reading Waid after all that gritty art in the previous runs. At the end of the day, Waid's run is as deep and heavy as they come. I quite enjoyed it, the second part in San Francisco lesser so. I would suggest you read the Daredevil #0.1 issue between the two Waid runs as it takes place exactly at that moment between New York and San Francisco. Unfortunately, they've placed it in publication order instead of chronological order and IMO, the collections editor was very sloppy in putting the second Omnibus together. The same with Daredevil #1.5. It should really be read at the end of Waid's second run but it's placed again in publication order. The two Indestructible Hulk issues are well placed in the first Omnibus.

  5. #2555
    Fantastic Member Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    The art in Waid's run is suddenly veeeery colorful, taking away from the usual gritty representation. And at the same time, Daredevil suddenly starts fighting werevolves, mummies and other weird classic monsters, which really took me out of it.

  6. #2556
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Just be prepared for the change in art style. That's what knocks you a little for six when you start reading Waid after all that gritty art in the previous runs. At the end of the day, Waid's run is as deep and heavy as they come. I quite enjoyed it, the second part in San Francisco lesser so. I would suggest you read the Daredevil #0.1 issue between the two Waid runs as it takes place exactly at that moment between New York and San Francisco. Unfortunately, they've placed it in publication order instead of chronological order and IMO, the collections editor was very sloppy in putting the second Omnibus together. The same with Daredevil #1.5. It should really be read at the end of Waid's second run but it's placed again in publication order. The two Indestructible Hulk issues are well placed in the first Omnibus.
    I'll keep this in mind when reading it.

  7. #2557
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,600

    Arrow

    One small correction and clarification - the Indestructible Hulk #9-10 issues appear in the second omnibus not the first one and as I wrote earlier, they are well placed (between Daredevil (2011) #30 and #31).

    Daredevil #0.1 (Road Warrior) should appear and be read between Daredevil (2011) #36 and Daredevil (2014) #1. In the omnibus and the OHCs it incorrectly appears after Daredevil (2014) #5 as does Daredevil #1.50. The latter was released as a celebration of 50 years of Daredevil and consists of stories set in the future or What If. I would definitely read this after finishing all of Waid's run.

  8. #2558
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One small correction and clarification - the Indestructible Hulk #9-10 issues appear in the second omnibus not the first one and as I wrote earlier, they are well placed (between Daredevil (2011) #30 and #31).

    Daredevil #0.1 (Road Warrior) should appear and be read between Daredevil (2011) #36 and Daredevil (2014) #1. In the omnibus and the OHCs it incorrectly appears after Daredevil (2014) #5 as does Daredevil #1.50. The latter was released as a celebration of 50 years of Daredevil and consists of stories set in the future or What If. I would definitely read this after finishing all of Waid's run.
    You mean reading this one, Daredevil #1.50, after Waid's run?

  9. #2559
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    You mean reading this one, Daredevil #1.50, after Waid's run?
    Yes, Daredevil #1.50 after Waid's second Daredevil (2014) run.


  10. #2560
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Ok, I'll look it up. Thanks.

    What are your thoughts about the Namor by Byrn omni?

  11. #2561
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless- spread out over 6 TPBs, this is a pretty good read. I'd never read a Jessica Drew series before (though of course I've read her in places like New Avengers, etc.). These volumes form a pretty good arc with character development for Drew and the supporting cast. Overall, a fun read. 7.5 out of 10.

  12. #2562
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Superman- the Black Ring v1-2- Man, I wish Paul Cornell would come back to comics. Although this kinda goes off the rails towards the end, for 95% of this it's the best Luthor I've ever read. An awesome run! The issues with Death and later Joker are fantastic. 8 out of 10.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-27-2021 at 02:15 PM.

  13. #2563
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Finished Bendis' Daredevil. Wow. Before starting in Brubaker's run something else. Sammy integraal 1 (Dutch comic).

  14. #2564
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Injustice Vol 2 omnibus

  15. #2565
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Daredevil by Brubaker omnibus 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •