Page 88 of 220 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3288

Ant-Man Epic Collection
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've started reading EC Archives: VALOR - The Complete Series OHC and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I have never read this series, but I don't doubt it is terrific. All those EC artist are amazing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I have never read this series, but I don't doubt it is terrific. All those EC artist are amazing.
    Yes, the EC Comics are generally considered to be among the greatest comic books of the twentieth century.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, the EC Comics are generally considered to be among the greatest comic books of the twentieth century.
    More and more now I see the influence of Wally Wood, something about the way he does human anatomy, in work by John Cassady, John Byrne, and even Frank Quietly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I recently finished the Marvel Epic Collection: Daredevil - Brother, Take My Hand (1968-1970.)

The stories aren’t all that great, but I really like the art by Gene Colan. Especially appealing are the odd panel layouts used in the late 60s and early 70s compared to the all-rectangle panels we primarily had when I was a kid in the 80s, which was when I did most of my comic book collecting.

Gene Colan elevates average material and I would pick up any run he is involved in. He made Captain America Omnibus 2 and Iron Man Epic 2 better than they were due to his art.

Incredible Member

Just started Star Wars by Jason Aaron. 5 issues in and I'm highly entertained

Savage Sword of Conan omnibus damn good art work.

Just wrapped up Sunstone deluxe 1. I'm not into 'graphic' graphic novels, but this one is bloody fantastic. Can't wait to start book 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post
    Just wrapped up Sunstone deluxe 1. I'm not into 'graphic' graphic novels, but this one is bloody fantastic. Can't wait to start book 2!
    I was just hyping it up to a friend yesterday. Glad you're liking it.
    I think it's time for a reread.

Just finished the smorgasbord Chew run, overall I really enjoyed it, very original, funny and at times sad, but unsure how I feel about issue 60

I've started reading Amazing Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy OHC and I'm quite enjoying it.

I finished reading the Amazing Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy OHC. Entertaining read but pretty silly with all the clones of Petey's deceased closest friends and villains. Basically an excuse to bring back a ton of dead characters so they can be reused. Some really nice art by Jim Cheung and covers by Gabriele Dell'Otto and Alex Ross. It's a shame they didn't include ASM #16-18 and all of #19 as they were very mportant to the build-up and plot.

Just started The Goon LE’s, read them as trades until they started releasing the LE’s, so have never finished it, have heard some not so great things about the ending, so will have to read and see

Astonishing Member

Finished reading Marvel Knights:Spider-Man Hardcover that collects issues#7 to 12.
    Have not read in this story in years.
    And will start reading Marvels:Eye of the Camera Hardcover edition.This limited series i have actually not read yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Finished reading Marvel Knights:Spider-Man Hardcover that collects issues#7 to 12.
    Have not read in this story in years.
    And will start reading Marvels:Eye of the Camera Hardcover edition.This limited series i have actually not read yet.
    Have you read Marvels by Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross? Eye of the Camera is a follow-up to that.