Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Metabarons Genesis: Castaka - Excellent work, a worthy prequel to The Metabarons.

Tales of the Batman: Gerry Conway vol 1
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Very curious to hear what you think (there are not many first time readers of this story left )
    I’m about halfway thru. I’m kind of confused. Gordons’s wife.....Barbara??? Isn’t Barbara Gordon’s daughter, who got shot by the Joker in TKJ? Who became Batgirl/Oracle?? Or is it Barbara Sr. And Barbara Jr?? J/K. I’m sure there’s some completely insane continuity issue that I don’t know about. Forgive me, I’m relatively new to comics and reading all these classics for the first time.
    Last edited by 2nd line g; 12-07-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Amazing Member

Just finished Darkseid War Omnibus, either gonna start the Grayson Omnibus or Multiversity Deluxe Edition next. Reading the Immortal Hulk trade that just came out while I decide on my next omni

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Just finished Darkseid War Omnibus, either gonna start the Grayson Omnibus or Multiversity Deluxe Edition next. Reading the Immortal Hulk trade that just came out while I decide on my next omni
    May I ask you something? Do you know where the Grayson omnibus fits from a timeline perspective? Thank you

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Metabarons Genesis: Castaka - Excellent work, a worthy prequel to The Metabarons.
    If I understand correctly, it's a prequel but to be read after the main book, right?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^I read this for the 1st time not too long ago. Obviously historically speaking (not unlike claremonts x-men), it's contribution to the current bat mythos can't be measured. But just based as a stand alone story, compared to other great more modern runs I've read, it left me cold.

It's not so much it doesn't hold up, it's just as someone who grew up with this version of batman, at this point I've just been exposed to so much I've enjoyed more across all types of media over the years.
    When I was a teen I thought nothing compares to Alan Moore. As a middle aged person I find I love Frank Miller so much more for the happy uplifting endings, and Moore is just relentlessly a downer. Both great writers but my taste has defiantly changed over the last few decades and I reread Frank so much more than Alan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I’m about halfway thru. I’m kind of confused. Gordons’s wife.....Barbara??? Isn’t Barbara Gordon’s daughter, who got shot by the Joker in TKJ? Who became Batgirl/Oracle?? Or is it Barbara Sr. And Barbara Jr?? J/K. I’m sure there’s some completely insane continuity issue that I don’t know about. Forgive me, I’m relatively new to comics and reading all these classics for the first time.
    No clue about all of this. I had always thought that it was kind of out of the regular DC continuity but I may be mistaken.

Amazing Member

May I ask you something? Do you know where the Grayson omnibus fits from a timeline perspective? Thank you
    It should take place right after the events of Forever Evil in the New52.

Originally the young Barbara who became Batgilr and Oracle was Gordon's niece and I think she got adopted later? Barbara was Jim's wife and if I'm not mistaken she was pregnant with Jim jr in Year one? Jim jr disappeared later for ages and popped back up in Black Mirror.

I would recommend reading Batgirl Year one (and Robin Year one too) btw. It won't set this straight (although it goes with the niece version IIRC) but it's a really damn good story, lots of fun (but very different to year one).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Originally the young Barbara who became Batgilr and Oracle was Gordon's niece and I think she got adopted later? Barbara was Jim's wife and if I'm not mistaken she was pregnant with Jim jr in Year one? Jim jr disappeared later for ages and popped back up in Black Mirror.

I would recommend reading Batgirl Year one (and Robin Year one too) btw. It won't set this straight (although it goes with the niece version IIRC) but it's a really damn good story, lots of fun (but very different to year one).
    Are Batgirl/Robin Year One collected in the same volume? I think I saw it somewhere. Either way, I’ll get both. I’m getting a bit addicted to anything Bat family related. Thanks!

Are Batgirl/Robin Year One collected in the same volume? I think I saw it somewhere. Either way, I’ll get both. I’m getting a bit addicted to anything Bat family related. Thanks!
    There is a tpb collecting both. Robin came out as a deluxe sometime this year and Batgirl is announced for 2019 too (if you prefer deluxes).

If I understand correctly, it's a prequel but to be read after the main book, right?
    Yes, publication order-wise it came after the main book and so "should" be read that way, but it's not like there are any spoilers to the main book or anything (like there would be if you watched SW prequels first, etc).

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I finished reading the FF Epic titled The New Fantastic Four. After John Byrne left, I had read very little FF, even up to the present.

I very much enjoyed the Simonson stories, and the other ones weren’t bad either.

Good build quality as well...thick paper.

Avengers Epic Collection vol 2 - Once an Avenger...