Page 131 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3286
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    X-Force by Rick Remender. Fantastic read so far in, I'm really enjoying the dark and gritty storytelling. Actions have consequences and you really feel how the killing, even though they mostly agree that it is necessary, takes a toll on the members. The art is decent - not bad, not great - but I wish the coloring wasn't quite as dark and gritty as the storytelling, as I prefer a more colorful presentation.

After this, I may have to look into some more of Remender's work.
    His X-Force is awesome! Love that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Starting on Hellboy Library Edition 4 this evening. This world really speaks to the imagination. Fantastic so far!
    Yeah, the Mignolaverse is quite remarkable. If you finish Hellboy and are looking for more, I would recommend BPRD and the other books in that verse.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Finished Shadowland and although Waid's DD would be next, I don't love it. It's mostly good, but there are some silly parts so I'm going to skip it and I just started Soule's DD v1 tpb.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, the Mignolaverse is quite remarkable. If you finish Hellboy and are looking for more, I would recommend BPRD and the other books in that verse.
    Have BPRD lined up to read after this Library Edition . Following a reading order, which includes BPRD and the other titles: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Have BPRD lined up to read after this Library Edition . Following a reading order, which includes BPRD and the other titles: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2019/
    Nice! I use that site too

I'm currently reading Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run, as a follow up to his Uncanny X-Force. A good sequel of sorts so far, with a strong and compelling storyline. Some of the artwork is marred by John Cassaday's subpar John Romita jr.-esque drawings, but eh... I guess it could be worse.

I'm going to finish this run with Axis, which I haven't read before, but heard was terrible - so that should be interesting...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I'm currently reading Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run, as a follow up to his Uncanny X-Force. A good sequel of sorts so far, with a strong and compelling storyline. Some of the artwork is marred by John Cassaday's subpar John Romita jr.-esque drawings, but eh... I guess it could be worse.

I'm going to finish this run with Axis, which I haven't read before, but heard was terrible - so that should be interesting...
    The Uncanny Avengers started off really well but I found it slipped as it went along and I found it a slight chorre to finish. The art by Opens and others was very good. I'm also not a big fan of Cassaday. He's either very good or pretty bad. And yes, AXIS is pretty awful.

Spectacular Member

Just finished Postal: The Complete Collection. Couldn’t give it more than 3/5. The artwork was nicely handled and the world was convincingly portrayed. The problem is that I couldn’t get invested in the story in large part because the characters were not compelling. I had heard good things about this series so it’s a bit of a miss for me. Next up I’ll be picking back up where I left off on ASM Omni Vol 1.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

I'm diving into DC's The New 52 (which I didn't read when it was originally released.......I've been more of a Marvel/Image/Darkhorse guy. With the exception of Batman of course lol)

So just finished:

- Absolute Flashpoint (I know this story from the animated feature. Slightly rushed, but I enjoyed this event book)

Next up:

- Absolute Justice League: Origins (it arrives Monday)

The following books are on my shelf waiting to be read after that:

- Wonder Woman Azzarello & Chiang Omni
    - Batman Snyder & Capullo Omni
    - Grayson Omni
    - Deathstroke Omni
    - Animal Man Lemire Omni
    - justice League Darkseid War Saga Omni

Let's see how this goes.......

Wow you're a few years ahead of me but we're in the same general area. I just finished the 52 omnibus. Really fun read, the weekly issue format helps propel it along and there were a few cool surprises. Might be my favorite from this era yet, though I like Seven Soldiers quite a bit also.

Next up for me is Green Lantern by GJ omni 1 then Batman by Morrison 1, before I break off for Final Crisis. I'll keep your list in mind if I decide to continue on after that.

Incredible Member

BPRD Plague of Frogs HC 4. It finally happened, after 3 unproblematic HCs, this one crapped out on me Glued it last night so hopefully I can continue reading tonight after work.

Story's great though.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I'm diving into DC's The New 52 (which I didn't read when it was originally released.......I've been more of a Marvel/Image/Darkhorse guy. With the exception of Batman of course lol)

So just finished:

- Absolute Flashpoint (I know this story from the animated feature. Slightly rushed, but I enjoyed this event book)

Next up:

- Absolute Justice League: Origins (it arrives Monday)

The following books are on my shelf waiting to be read after that:

- Wonder Woman Azzarello & Chiang Omni
    - Batman Snyder & Capullo Omni
    - Grayson Omni
    - Deathstroke Omni
    - Animal Man Lemire Omni
    - justice League Darkseid War Saga Omni

Let's see how this goes.......
    I thought Animal Man and Wonder Woman were particularly good books. I think the Snyder Capullo Batman run started off really strong and Capullo's art was amazing throughout. I was curious about Grayson.

I am currently reading the Family Man trade of Hellblazer. I really have taken to Constantine the character and Delano's take. I hope the Ennis stuff holds up!

I have also been reading the first Bronze Age Justice League book where the Seven Soldiers first showed up. Great stuff by Len Wein and Dick Dillin.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I thought Animal Man and Wonder Woman were particularly good books. I think the Snyder Capullo Batman run started off really strong and Capullo's art was amazing throughout. I was curious about Grayson.

I am currently reading the Family Man trade of Hellblazer. I really have taken to Constantine the character and Delano's take. I hope the Ennis stuff holds up!

I have also been reading the first Bronze Age Justice League book where the Seven Soldiers first showed up. Great stuff by Len Wein and Dick Dillin.
    I picked up the Ennis Hellblazer Omni for a sweet price so I hope it's good as well. My favorite Hellblazer run has always been Azzarello's run. Hoping an omni shows up one day.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I picked up the Ennis Hellblazer Omni for a sweet price so I hope it's good as well. My favorite Hellblazer run has always been Azzarello's run. Hoping an omni shows up one day.
    Where did you find it? And can you read it as a stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Where did you find it? And can you read it as a stand alone?
    I bought the Ennis Omni from Amazon UK.....pre-ordered a couple months ago at less than half what Amazon & Indigo wanted at the time ($195 here in Canada). Haven't read it yet but my understanding is it can be read alone.

Thanks. I hope booksetc gets it back in stock.