Page 9 of 220 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

He (or she?) is from Dundee, we don't pay for our beer here
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    as well as higher education, prescription charges and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    haha! Well I'm from Hungary technically (not that I've seen much of it in the last couple of years) and also I usually drink wine (beer just puts me to sleep). But I don't drink very often hence the hangover. A bottle of wine and a bit of punch was enough for me

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Finished Superior Spider-Man Vol. 3 OHC.

I'm now reading The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Finished Superior Spider-Man Vol. 3 OHC.

I'm now reading The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus.
    have you read Superior foes before? I was really resisting the hype but it the story just won me over after a couple of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    have you read Superior foes before? I was really resisting the hype but it the story just won me over after a couple of issues.
    Only the first issue as I used to buy a lot of #1 issues. I've got through quite a bit of the Omni already. Very clever with some very interesting twists. It's kind of up and down for me. Some very good issues with some ok. I'm one of those who dislikes making the bad guys the ones to root for, however I'm often for the underdog and there's one guy in the story you kind of want to pick himself up and get his own back

just red the "AQUAMAN: The Atlantis Chronicles" Deluxe Edition Hardcover

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    just red the "AQUAMAN: The Atlantis Chronicles" Deluxe Edition Hardcover
    ...and how was it?

Incredible Member

I like to jump around a lot. Taking a break from the Swamp Thing Omnibus after the Len Wein run (has a great early 70's DC horror/supernatural/sci fi vibe which I love). I've started reading some Black Science. Liking it so far. I've only read a few things of his. Fear Agent, Seven to Eternity etc. Really liking it so far.
    Thinking of picking up Low at some point.

Been reading the early Captain Britain some good stuff in there especially the red skull and Camelot stories. In the middle of Moore's run which is good and have read before, but was surprised how good some of those early stories were.

Star Wars: Princess Leia TPB
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Been reading the early Captain Britain some good stuff in there especially the red skull and Camelot stories. In the middle of Moore's run which is good and have read before, but was surprised how good some of those early stories were.
    Captain Britain- all good stuff! I really enjoyed those b&w Camelot stories.

Reading Gotham Central currently. I am liking it a lot. Has that cop drama sort of feel with a splash of the occasional super hero/villain thrown in from time to time. Next up... one of the following: Rachel Rising, X-force vol2, Saga vol2, or Operation Zero Tolerance. I know I am all over the place, but that's how I like it . Also, I'm reading American Gods (novel) at the same time... about 500 pages in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Captain Britain- all good stuff! I really enjoyed those b&w Camelot stories.
    Yeah the two OHC they have before the omnibus were great. I heard they were good, but was very impressed. Yeah that b&w run with the Black Knight and Merlin was great. I got Excalibur epic up next have not read it, but looking forward to continuing his adventures. Great character that needs more trades collecting the great stories he had in the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah the two OHC they have before the omnibus were great. I heard they were good, but was very impressed. Yeah that b&w run with the Black Knight and Merlin was great. I got Excalibur epic up next have not read it, but looking forward to continuing his adventures. Great character that needs more trades collecting the great stories he had in the early 80s.
    Yes, those 2 OHCs are excellent especially if you're a Captain Britain fan as I am. They are perfect with regards to having everything on CB and in chronological order before the Omnibus. It would be great for CB & MI13 to get the OHC treatment.