Page 115 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3277

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I finished it all recently (I had about 1 - 7 of the HC’s then I sold them and started getting the slipcase editions) I didn’t expect to enjoy them that much as the TV show really put me off the whole idea, so the slipcase editions were sitting on my shelf still sealed, I had heard the (comic) series had finished so I thought I’d give them ago, long story short, I really enjoyed the whole thing, it had none of the stupid (or boring) plot lines that dragged the tv show down, and the ending wasn’t a let down like some (The Goon) so hopefully, you will enjoy the whole thing, do the novels add much?
    Ah, that is comforting to hear! I liked the TV show initially but I really went off in later seasons and don't intend to revisit it. I'm only a little into 'Rise of the Governor', but my understanding is that the first four focus on how the Governor arose and fell, the second four focus on the lady that took over Woodbury post-Governor and I believe there is one just come out last year which I assume is a new four-part
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Ah, that is comforting to hear! I liked the TV show initially but I really went off in later seasons and don't intend to revisit it. I'm only a little into 'Rise of the Governor', but my understanding is that the first four focus on how the Governor arose and fell, the second four focus on the lady that took over Woodbury post-Governor and I believe there is one just come out last year which I assume is a new four-part
    Ah, never found the governor that interesting on the page or screen, so will give them a miss I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Ah, never found the governor that interesting on the page or screen, so will give them a miss I think
    Honestly, I'm halfway through the first one and I think that four is going to be a bit much. However, I think that one background novel on The Governor and one background novel on Negan (or any character, I'd love a Glenn book haha) etc would be nice, just to flesh it out. I don't know how they are going to keep me interested in him for four books though...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm now reading Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 3 TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spider-man from Nick Spencer: I like it when Spencer writes a witty, funny series and his ASM started out like that and it was great, then he brought in Kraven and the whole thing devolved into a wordy, boring, drawn out pastiche of Kraven's last hunt (a story I don't like to begin with) and I completely lost interest by the time it hit the Absolute Carnage crossover (a crossover with a series I don't like).
    I know it's an unpopular opinion to not like Kraven's last hunt but I've found it unnecessarily dark and try hard. And Spencer's homage to it is even worse.

Took a break and read Shadow of the Batgirl. It's a decent all ages retelling of the second Batgirl's origin, different but fun. Also weirdly no mention of Batman, as if it exists in a universe where the only hero in Gotham is Batgirl.
    Then started Coates' Captain America after that, it's decent but mediocre, loads of fights with introspective narration, which I usually hate but it's not overdone. Although they seemingly revealed the big bad villain in issue five and that scene just reminded me why I don't want to read superhero comics anymore.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    When is that coming out?
    Was supposed to be this summer (June), but it's been delayed because of Corona.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

A couple on the go:

- Midway through Revival
    - Quarter of the way through Invincible

Took breaks in the above to read:

- Batman White Night
    - Batman City of Crime
    - Batman Creature of The Night
    - Tales from The DC Dark Multiverse Omni

Just finished Batman White knight, amazing art, story was okay.

Just finished the 1st Morrison batman omni, it was ok

Reading dozens of collected editions
    Last one was Silver Age Doom Patrol Omnibus.
    More and more I am finding the stories made
    Before 2000 to be more full filling and easier to
    Get drawn into.
    Read a few Powers Of X trades a few days ago
    And by the second volume I was losing interest
    Because of constant changes and inter changing
    Of characters and by volume 3 decided it was not
    For me ( for now)

Just started reading the Daredevil: Born Again TPB.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm re-reading my DD collection right now. Just finished Miller's DD, and currently reading the companion.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just started reading the Daredevil: Born Again TPB.
    I just finished that. Very cool story
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm re-reading my DD collection right now. Just finished Miller's DD, and currently reading the companion.
    I'm reading through mine as well, except it's not a re-read for me. It's my first time reading it.

BANNED

I just started to read my New X-Men by Morrison Omnibus.

An bald old lady just massacared the entire mutant population of Genosha... I liked the idea of Wild Sentinels. I'm just two issues in yet, so i don't have much to say actually. OH ! Jean was alive, WTF !!! :O i thought she was still dead at that time.