Page 190 of 220 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3287
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Two-Face: A Celebration of 75 Years

Really enjoyed his first appearances, and maybe a little bit surprised that the themes so essential to the character are really fleshed out. The obsessiveness, the reliance on the coin and fate, the love of all things dualistic. Another thing that surprises me is how actively charitable Harvey can be - my impression in modern stories is that landing on the good side of the coin simply spares someone.

Looking forward to reading through the rest of the collection.

I also want to hunt down Showcase 93 #8. I rediscovered #7 in my collection bought long ago.

I recently finished ASM: The Complete Alien Costume Saga Book 2 and I'm finding that I'm enjoying 80s Spider-man a lot more than I used to. Having said that, I've switched to reading Outcast now that I have all of the TPBs. Almost finished with volume 1.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Daredevil: Hardcore, by Bendis, Maleev, Hollingsworth and a great selection of guest artists

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Spectacular Member

Working my way through the Michelinie/Romita Iron Man Omnibus, then it’s Mutant Massacre and Gotham Central…rereading the Gang War ASM story in floppies and trying to finish Immortal Hulk…

Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 1 (the original Vertigo series not the relaunch from a few years back)

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Halfway through "Monsters", by Barry Windsor-Smith. It is phenomenal so far.

I've read Outcast volumes 1-5 and just starting volume 6. Thoroughly enjoying it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I've been reading Hulk's Marvel Masterworks from a while now. The first issues were quite strong in my opinion, but then the title dragged for a while.

I really enjoyed Roger Stern's run. Probably my favorite so far. Sal Buscema style is very different from his work on Spiderman, I think I like it more here.

Amazing Member

I am struggling to get through the recently released Moon Knight omnibus from the 2000’s as to put it frankly, it really is incredibly awful.

I finished Fraction, Brubaker, Aja and Hollingsworth's amazing run on the Immortal Iron Fist. I loved that the title had different artists for the stories of other Iron Fists besides Danny Rand

Last edited by Chubistian; 06-05-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Just about to finish this gem. Here's hoping Image collects and releases the current miniseries in the same format....

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Machine Man the Complete Collection by Kirby & Ditko

I've got 5 more issues to go. It is more middling than I'd have liked. Largely forgettable.
    As I'm about to finish it I think if frankly amazing it got to 19 issues.

I like Aaron Stack aka Machine Man when I've read him in stories as part of an ensemble over the last 15 years. However, his early days are rather droll.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Legion of Superheroes: Five Years Latter... Vol 2. Just got it today so that will be my read for a while.

I am reading the Roger Stern Spider-Man Omnibus.

I made an Comic Omnibus Bookshelf that I am trying to fill

All-New Member

Ex Machina anyone?

81HHyl-jwmL.jpg