Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1483

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just to give some context: the only shows I've watched recently were Mindhunter, Glow and Kim's convenience.
    So none of them are exactly high concept.
    My movie diet is mixed, depending on what's coming out but other than Scary stories...none of them were very spectacle driven. I'm also watching loads of old samurai movies.

So it's not like I got overwhelmed by superhero/high concept action movies and shows.
    Digital is great btw, out of the three series I've mentioned above, two I've read on my tablet (thank Satan for that, I don't have to bother selling them).

Maybe I just need a longer break from comics.
    I barely read comics for about 4 months, mostly some books, and now I'm back with a passion

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just to give some context: the only shows I've watched recently were Mindhunter, Glow and Kim's convenience.
    So none of them are exactly high concept.
    My movie diet is mixed, depending on what's coming out but other than Scary stories...none of them were very spectacle driven. I'm also watching loads of old samurai movies.

So it's not like I got overwhelmed by superhero/high concept action movies and shows.
    Digital is great btw, out of the three series I've mentioned above, two I've read on my tablet (thank Satan for that, I don't have to bother selling them).

Maybe I just need a longer break from comics.
    I haven't even seen Avengers endgame. That's how lazy I am in getting around to watching superhero movies these days. I have been watching the Expanse this past week (which is pretty great). I am reading like 5 things at the moment. I switch around. I can't just read 40 issues straight of something before I move on no matter how good it is. I find I will get bored of almost anything that way.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Just finished Nemesis by Millar and McNiven. Not awful, but it seems more interested in violent spectacle than real storytelling. So '90s it hurts.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Just finished Nemesis by Millar and McNiven. Not awful, but it seems more interested in violent spectacle than real storytelling. So '90s it hurts.
    I enjoyed it when it came out, but it’s hardly a must-read.

My copy of the first Dreadstar Omnibus arrived, so i've started on that

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    My copy of the first Dreadstar Omnibus arrived, so i've started on that
    Oh cool! I'm waiting for the set of three but it has to be shipped to Europe so I guess it'll still be a while before it arrives.

How well is the book put together if I may ask?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Doing a big Marvel Hickman Read-A-Thon:

Secret Warriors Omnibus
    SHIELD The Human Machine
    SHIELD Architects of Forever
    Fantastic Four Omnibus 1
    Fantastic Four Omnibus 2
    Ultimate Thor
    Ultimates 1
    Ultimate Hawkeye
    Ultimates 2
    Avengers Omnibus 1
    Avengers Omnibus 2
    Secret Wars

Started yesterday and am already halfway through his Secret Warriors Omnibus. Loving it so far, can never get enough of Nick Fury and Hydra etc. This omnibus contains quite some elements that were used in the Agents of Shield TV series.

Before I finish the omnibus, I may actually read the SHIELD books in between. I heard that there are references to SHIELD in the second half of the Secret Warriors omnibus.

Since that post above, I have read the Secret Warriors Omnibus, SHIELD The Human Machine, SHIELD Architects of Forever, Fantastic Four Omnibus 1 and 2, Ultimate Thor, Ultimates 1 and Ultimate Hawkeye. The way Hickman tells long stories and weaves threads and themes in and out is really quite impressive. Until now, the Fantastic Four run was the highlight. Will finish the Ultimates 2 tonight and then dive into his Avengers run.

Oh cool! I'm waiting for the set of three but it has to be shipped to Europe so I guess it'll still be a while before it arrives.

How well is the book put together if I may ask?
    Seems decent. A bit of cracking when i first opened it, but cant see any issue with the spine. Pages are thick stock.

Im in the UK and got mine last friday. I only ordered the first vol up front, but it came with a note stating that the other vols will be shipped out when they arrive from the printers, for those that ordered them. Unless you request everything be shipped together?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Seems decent. A bit of cracking when i first opened it, but cant see any issue with the spine. Pages are thick stock.

Im in the UK and got mine last friday. I only ordered the first vol up front, but it came with a note stating that the other vols will be shipped out when they arrive from the printers, for those that ordered them. Unless you request everything be shipped together?
    Hi, thanks for your answer, that's reassuring. I have actually asked to send everything together already before they announced that they would do that because I did not want to deal with customs 3 times... Did you receive any notice that it had been shipped or did it just suddenly arrive?

Hi, thanks for your answer, that's reassuring. I have actually asked to send everything together already before they announced that they would do that because I did not want to deal with customs 3 times... Did you receive any notice that it had been shipped or did it just suddenly arrive?
    Nothing specific to me. (Unless i missed it) Just the general update saying orders were shipping a few weeks back.

Mark Waid Daredevil omnibus vol 1 - so-so

All-New Member

The 'collected editions' I have been perusing most recently are the Gladstone EC volumes. I also recommend the Spirit archives (Will Eisner) and the first Batman archives (from 1939-41).

After a bit of a break from reading a collected edition of any kind, I'm now reading Descender Volume 1: Tin Stars TPB. Liking it a lot so far.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I'm slowly working my way through the complete Golden Age Dr. Fate Archives (again). I recall thinking initially that the stories taper off in quality once Fate goes from a sorcerer to a two-fisted superhero. We'll see if that opinion holds on a re-reading.

After finishing Descender Volume 1 (liked it enough to order the next 2 TPBs), I gave The Killing Joke another read and I've just started Nemo: Heart of Ice.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"