Page 10 of 220 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Usagi Yojimbo Saga 4. I really like this. At first it had to grow on me. But through the volumes (starting with fantagraphics) you can see Usagi evolving. Now I've got to buy the rest

Oh, and for the ones who want to start with the fantagraphics, they've announced a reprint https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4234978&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga 4. I really like this. At first it had to grow on me. But through the volumes (starting with fantagraphics) you can see Usagi evolving. Now I've got to buy the rest

Oh, and for the ones who want to start with the fantagraphics, they've announced a reprint https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4234978&page=1
    Usagi binges are my favorite. I've been keeping an eye on the Fantagraphics collection. I still can't decide if i actually want it or not. I own all of the individual volumes, but i want the larger art. Its almost impossible to read those larger volumes in bed/on the go. It feels kinda silly double dipping just for a slightly larger size.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, those 2 OHCs are excellent especially if you're a Captain Britain fan as I am. They are perfect with regards to having everything on CB and in chronological order before the Omnibus. It would be great for CB & MI13 to get the OHC treatment.
    Yeah it would be nice in hardcover form any other good stories out there worth checking out for him? Got the 2 OHC and Omnibus and the CB & MI13 run.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah it would be nice in hardcover form any other good stories out there worth checking out for him? Got the 2 OHC and Omnibus and the CB & MI13 run.
    Other than MI13 and Excalibur, there's nothing really notable where he constantly appeared.

He plays a supporting role in the first Knights of Pendragon series. He appeared quite regularly in the New Avengers and somewhat Uncanny X-Force both written by Rick Remender but Remender did him a massive disservice by writing him totally out of character. I doubt Remender had read much of Captain Britain earlier and made him into a blundering fool. A total character assassination. Remender should stick to his indie stuff and leave our favourite Marvel characters alone. He has spits and spats in AvX. Totally underused.

If you're also a Marvel UK fan, I would say the Revolutionary War miniseries/event is worth reading although he only appears in the first and last issue and the event is very up and down.

Other than MI13 and Excalibur, there's nothing really notable where he constantly appeared.

He plays a supporting role in the first Knights of Pendragon series. He appeared quite regularly in the New Avengers and somewhat Uncanny X-Force both written by Rick Remender but Remender did him a massive disservice by writing him totally out of character. I doubt Remender had read much of Captain Britain earlier and made him into a blundering fool. A total character assassination. Remender should stick to his indie stuff and leave our favourite Marvel characters alone. He has spits and spats in AvX. Totally underused.

If you're also a Marvel UK fan, I would say the Revolutionary War miniseries/event is worth reading although he only appears in the first and last issue and the event is very up and down.
    I have really only read the Britain stuff from Marvel UK, but Revolutionary War will be my next buy I need more Captain Britain in my life.

BANNED

I'm going through the 'Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files' paperbacks. Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'm going through the 'Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files' paperbacks. Cool stuff.
    A lot of good stories in those books what volume are you on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    A lot of good stories in those books what volume are you on?
    Vol. 3

I've read that everything starts to come together with vol. 5, but I've enjoyed all the stories so far. Love the black and white artwork. The Judge Dredd in these early volumes seems like a different character. I guess they were still figuring him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Vol. 3

I've read that everything starts to come together with vol. 5, but I've enjoyed all the stories so far. Love the black and white artwork. The Judge Dredd in these early volumes seems like a different character. I guess they were still figuring him out.
    Only like 26 more volumes to go. Vol 5 has some very classic stories that all line up back to back to back it is a great volume. All the early stuff is good as it is all Mills, Wagner, and Grant. Later on Ennis, Morrison, and Millar move in, but Wagner and Grant stick around and produce the best Dredd stories. Ennis is good also, but Wagner/Grant are a great team and do some great long form stories that play out over years. If you have not read America one of the best Dredd trades.

Finished Superior Spider-Man Vol. 3 OHC.

I'm now reading The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus.
    Envy. I wish I could read Foes again for the first time. I love that book.

Just read The Unwritten deluxe 1. And I really like this. This belongs to the best I've read this year. And #2 is coming up soon.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Envy. I wish I could read Foes again for the first time. I love that book.
    I finished the Superior Foes Omnibus, and as I wrote earlier, it's quite clever with some interesting twists. There are scenes that are hard to understand at first but they are unravelled later on and all becomes clear at the end. The facial expressions in some of the panels are quite genius. Hats off to Steve Lieber. There are references to current media culture which may or may not be understandable depending on if you're up to date - this could be a minus for some. I wasn't a fan of every single issue but it's definitely quite an unique run.

I've now backtracked in my Daredevil/Marvel Events/Spider-Man chronological reading project, and I've taken on the World War Hulk Omnibus. This was the only Marvel event I was previously missing in OHC format.

Mighty Member

Just read The Unwritten deluxe 1. And I really like this. This belongs to the best I've read this year. And #2 is coming up soon.
    Didn't this get canceled recently?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Didn't this get canceled recently?
    Really? Why? It's still announced by Vertigo http://www.vertigocomics.com/graphic...ition-book-two
    Last edited by JPAR; 11-15-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Really? Why? It's still announced by Vertigo http://www.vertigocomics.com/graphic...ition-book-two
    Caise DCs collected edition dept sucks, that's why

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...ritten-book-2/