Page 174 of 177 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Amulet. Can't wait for the last volume.

Have y'all read Cleopatra in Space, Wolfwalkers, Lightfall, or Space Boy?
    I know about the Cleopatra in space as a cartoon (that I can't watch cause it's on Sky) and seen (and loved) the Wolfwalkers movie.
    Dunno about the other two.

Just finished injustice (barely) enjoyed years 1 - 4 quite a lot but completely ruined it with the Harley-centric last act Ground Zero, why do they keep pushing this character? So bad, I think they will end up on eBay

Just finished the second Daredevil by Waid omnibus. This was the last for now. Can't wait for the Soule run. What a trip reading them all!

Next is All new Wolverine omnibus.

I'm rereading Kraven's Last Hunt the Deluxe edition. I'm still not sure how I feel about DeMatteis on this run.

Currently halfway through the Age of Apocalypse omnibus. Some of it is not as good as I remember but still a wonderful trip down memory lane.

Incredible Member

Just arrived today from Amazon, starting Jack Kirby’s collected CAPTAIN AMERICA from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I'm rereading Kraven's Last Hunt the Deluxe edition. I'm still not sure how I feel about DeMatteis on this run.
    Care to expand on that? I’m a big fan of DeMatteis in general, but have read no Spidey comics at all aside from Bendis’s work on Ultimate and Miles. The DeMatteis run is one I’ve been planning to check out so I’m interested to hear how you feel about it so far.

Currently re-reading Invincible after enjoying the show so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Care to expand on that? I’m a big fan of DeMatteis in general, but have read no Spidey comics at all aside from Bendis’s work on Ultimate and Miles. The DeMatteis run is one I’ve been planning to check out so I’m interested to hear how you feel about it so far.

Currently re-reading Invincible after enjoying the show so much.
    The main story was great, but there were a couple of sub plots that were just too in depth for no reason and uninteresting imo. It's still a classic and worth the read. And the Deluxe edition has some extra goodies that are fun as well.

Recently finished Sweet Tooth, and have started on the second Uncanny X-Men Omni. Just finished Dark Phoenix!

Just started the Howard the Duck omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Batman Earth One v3.
    Reckless v2.

Didn't enjoy either.

Starting Remender's Uncanny X-Force Complete Collection vol. 2

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I recently finished reading the New Excalibur run from 2006-2007 and I found it a pretty good read with quite a good depiction of Brian Braddock overall considering how badly he's been portrayed by US writers in general. It was good to see him back as "the" Captain Britain following the previous decision to have Kelsey Leigh take on the mantle of CB in the Avengers as Brian was ruler of Otherworld. Saying that, I do have several qualms with the run which I've detailed below.

It was strange to see a villain appear with the name Albion which is the same superhero name as the one which Peter Hunter has (had?) from the Knights of Pendragon. This was a wee confusing at first.

Kelsey Leigh suddenly had the superhero name of Lionheart, no longer was she "Captain Britain". No mention of when this changed, although I was happy to have Brian back as CB.

Also Kelsey's motivations were not that convincing, I was surprised at how she initially wasn't bothered at hurting others. I can see the hurt and frustration at "losing" her kids, but to allow others to die with no assurance that would bring her kids back was strange

The sudden appearance of Sage and Courtney Ross and the similar disappearance of the latter. Sage appeared out of no where with no real explanation.

Dazzler continuously coming back from the dead wasn't explained or did I miss something or was it explained elsewhere?

It seemed pretty off that their adversaries Shadow X were such a formidable force at first and then they were all killed off when fighting alongside New Excalibur against Albion and his forces, whereas none of New Excalibur died.

Sage infiltrating Albion's forces was extremely glossed over and suddenly we have her fighting alongside Albion. If you blinked, you missed it.

And probably the biggest problem was having Kelsey Leigh tell her kids who she was with no consequences at all. She wasn't able to do this as she would lose them (as originally put forward in Chuck Austen's Avengers run). How was this "upturned"!

Saying all this, I though it enjoyable and not a bad run. The art was pretty good all round. I probably most enjoyed the Frank Tieri written issues as opposed to the Chris Claremont ones.

Reading a quick one that I bought for only 2 GBP - Blood Bowl More Guts More Glory from Titan Comics. I have always been interested in Blood Bowl (the tabletop game), the TPB itself collects 4 comic books and it’s light and silly as expected but the art is actually pretty good
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-20-2021 at 03:09 AM.

Seven soldiers omnibus