Page 122 of 220 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3296
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Finished both No Surrender and No Road Home. Definitely preferred No Surrender - not sure if it was Conan or the villain or what, but NRH just didn't click with me.

On to Ewing's run on Ultimates - I'm about half way through the second volume and it's really fun.
    I agree with No Road Home. I hope they come back with another, though, to wrap up a trilogy. I miss Voyager she’s a great new addition.

Currently reading “I Am An Avenger vol ii”.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Avengers: No Surrender now followed by No Road Home today and tomorrow. I hope they're good - I like the teams involved
    Daredevil by Bendis v1 omnibus
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Batman omnibus by Snyder, no idea what to expect

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I loved his Batman run and I'm currently replacing a few TPBs that somehow vanished so that I can read it again
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Finished both No Surrender and No Road Home. Definitely preferred No Surrender - not sure if it was Conan or the villain or what, but NRH just didn't click with me.

On to Ewing's run on Ultimates - I'm about half way through the second volume and it's really fun.
    Ewing's Ultimates is pretty good, in particular the "Galactus" issues.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Snyder’s Batman is excellent
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Great art by Capullo, a lot of monologues (like, a LOT), secrets long buried that have come to light and will change everything over and over, mech suits a-plenty, and storylines that start out promising but tend to not quite stick the landing (in my opinion of course). There’s a lot of stuff to like in his writing, but reading them all together I found myself not quite as enamored as many others are, unfortunately. When he first burst onto the comics scene I loved his work, and still hold Black Mirror, his first Batman story, in high regard. Curious to see how you feel about it all!

I’ve reached Phase 2 in my IDW Transformers read-a-thon. If it stays as good as the opening arc of Robots in Disguise, I am psyched to read the rest.

Critically acclaimed and amazing art by Capullo (he really worked hard to change his style for this run and it shows) but I just can't stand Snyder's writing. Stuck with the title until the big Joker arc and then rage quit. It tries so hard to be dark and moody and then pulls so many stupid and unbelievable stunts...
    Snyder was the first sign for me that showed I might not really care for Batman and Tom King was the last nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I’ve reached Phase 2 in my IDW Transformers read-a-thon. If it stays as good as the opening arc of Robots in Disguise, I am psyched to read the rest.
    I loved Phase 1. I keep meaning to dive into Phase 2, but y'know, other things I want to read too
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

Finished the fourth Perfect Edition of Naoki Urasawa's Monster and I WANT TO CONTINUE BUT I ONLY HAVE 4 VOLUMES! AHHH!!

Still Slowly reading Doom Patrol Silver Age omnibus. I got to the part where the comic starts to be called The Doom Patrol. I'm just waiting for the weird stuff to start.

But now that I can't continue with Monster, I think I'll start Stray Bullets.

Extremely tight binding by the sounds of it...

Quote Originally Posted by GemSaloon007 View Post
    But now that I can't continue with Monster, I think I'll start Stray Bullets.
    Stray Bullets is excellent, need to do a re-read myself soon.

Spectacular Member

Currently reading Ninjak Deluxe Edition Vol 1. I enjoyed the first two parts but the last has been uneven. Too bad it’s gonna be next to impossible to get Vol 2 considering the obscene prices. Valiant does such limited print runs so it’s a shame so much of their stuff can go OOP quickly. I want to get the XO Manowar Deluxe Editions but very difficult to get a good deal on them. They were supposed to have a compendium come out but I can’t find it anywhere.