Page 117 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3287

New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

Very enjoyable so far! I love Cooke's art.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

Very enjoyable so far! I love Cooke's art.
    One of my favourite DC stories. I really got to like Martian Manhunter after reading it. One of several stories worthy of the Absolute format.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't, I think it's much more exciting when he is allowed to make changes to the status quo. But he is expanding the White knight line I think to multiple books (unless I was just dreaming it ).
    Either way, I'm happy to see him on a Bat book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One of my favourite DC stories. I really got to like Martian Manhunter after reading it. One of several stories worthy of the Absolute format.
    The Absolute is amazing. I am especially enjoying Cooke's annotations on each chapter and all the research that went into crafting the story.

Reading American Century, by Howard Chaykin and David Tischman. I had the issues bound into a hardcover so I hope it counts as a collected edition.

Started Invincible for the first time. About 14 issues in and so far it’s great.

Reading through trades of old Superman Adventures and Batman Adventures, not the biggest fan of the DCAU but some very fun done-in-one stories.

The most current book I'm reading is Wonder Woman: Dead Earth, I'm currently unsure on some of it's creative decisions but I'll wait for the series to conclude before I make a judgement. Overall, this is probably the best WW book I've read since Rucka left and easily the only book published under Black Label I'm interested in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    Just finished "Batman : The Long Halloween". I had heard it was good, but was not a huge fan of Sale's art. I will say, I loved it and Sale has won me over!
    This is one of my favourite Batman stories. Sale's art really works well and this is another story which deservedly finds itself in the Absolute format.

I finally finished reading BONE: Full Color One Volume Edition HC. I would read a couple of chapters a day. I definitely enjoyed it and looked forward to reading it each day. Some interesting additional stuff in the back of the book, in particular the timeline with pics of how the epic Bone came about. This is a book for all ages and I do recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Started Invincible for the first time. About 14 issues in and so far it’s great.
    Wish I could erase my memory and read it again for the first time. It's just such a wild rollercoaster ride with a "throw everything in and then the kitchen sink" attitude that just keeps escalating.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Just finished Tales of the Batman: Marv Wolfman.

Only got this book for the bronze age stories. The Brave and The Bold #167 and Batman #328-335, did not disappoint me. Stories held up for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Just finished Wasteland; it was nice to see how much planning had gone into it, although I thought the payoff could have had more impact. Art was interesting, but for some scenes it was hard to distinguish characters/see what was going on.

I did enjoy Invincible at the start, but gave up due to the consistent use of 'gay' as an insult. I just found it too jarring and unnecessary.

Loved Bone, might read that again. How did you find reading that edition? I have some (used, and a bit tattered) copies of the Canadian three-volume colour hardbacks, http://www.scholastic.ca/books/view/...sion-books-7-9. They are about the same size as a Marvel/DC Trade paperback, so I think that the pages are larger and also I guess its its easier to read being broken up into three books. Don't have the Full Color One Volume edition to compare though, not sure if it would be an upgrade.

Amazing Member

I started Naoki Urasawa's Monster. It is my first proper manga where I have to read right to left. Really enjoying it so far. A great cat and mouse game between a doctor and a serial killer. I hear Urasawa's other books are also fantastic - Pluto and 20th Century Boys. Might have to check one of those out after I finish Monster.

I'm reading the Perfect editions and I have to ask, why are only some of the pages colorized and not all? It just feels kind of jarring to be reading half a book of black and white only to come to 3 or 4 pages full of color.

Quote Originally Posted by GemSaloon007 View Post
    I started Naoki Urasawa's Monster. It is my first proper manga where I have to read right to left. Really enjoying it so far. A great cat and mouse game between a doctor and a serial killer. I hear Urasawa's other books are also fantastic - Pluto and 20th Century Boys. Might have to check one of those out after I finish Monster.

I'm reading the Perfect editions and I have to ask, why are only some of the pages colorized and not all? It just feels kind of jarring to be reading half a book of black and white only to come to 3 or 4 pages full of color.
    It's very common for manga. Usually the first few pages are in color then the rest is b&w. They have produce these chapters really fast so it's less effort (which still means a lot of effort put in) and more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by GemSaloon007 View Post

The coloured pages are a hold-over from when the manga was originally printed in serialised anthology format. Usually the cover-feature would have a few coloured pages. Its common in a lot of collected manga volumes.