Page 44 of 220 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    It has a pretty similar tone to the first two seasons of the show, but it's very much its own thing and it's really good. I'd highly recommend it for people who know a bit about the character but haven't read any of his stuff before. I'd only read the Rebirth series personally, and they are both great.
    Hmmm, could be worth it then, thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Hmmm, could be worth it then, thanks!
    Lemires Green Arrow was great. Made me a fan of the character so I picked up the rebirth trades which I have also really enjoyed.

Extraordinary Member

Finally finished Swamp Thing. Superb series. A part of me wishes that Swamp Thing was never touched again, such was it perfection.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Started reading Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman Deluxe Edition. My collection needed more Supes, and at less than $20, this was a great buy for me.

About halfway through Multiversity and it is *kisses fingertips*

Spectacular Member

Thanks ArkhamJanie, that was helpful. I've got the month's free MU subscription so I'll give Hickman another try.

And Orion- it was released as a standalone book, and it was advertised to the buying public as an 'event', i.e. standalone story. No need to get frosty if Hickman couldn't deliver what he was asked to. And no, I've never read a Deadpool in my life thank you. I specifically got this book because I like to try books by those who are regarded as great writers, not because I am slavishly following comic titles.

Instead of being snooty about anyone who doesn't 'get it' straight away, it might be more constructive if you could enlighten me as to why you think it is so obviously and objectively 'good'. What is the underlying concept that Hickman develops in FF?

Mighty Member

Just ignore Orion. Somehow his "passive aggressive" snark continually gets a pass from the mods, while the rest of us are held to the letter of the law

Currently rereading the Ghostbusters: Total Containment HC.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Just ignore Orion. Somehow his "passive aggressive" snark continually gets a pass from the mods, while the rest of us are held to the letter of the law
    mea culpa, I've actually missed that comment. Will be more vigilante in the future.

Extraordinary Member

I've decided to quell my interest in omnibuses. I've loved reading them, but have come to realise that they are too pricey for me and are so big that reading them feels like a slog. I have Infinity Gauntlet which will have to be tackled next summer.

In other news, I started reading the HC editions of Ms Marvel and I have been reminded of why I love comics and, most importantly, of how to enjoy myself. Saying that, I read it with an air of sadness as, I first read it when I was a little younger and now I am a bit older aha and much has changed. Sign of growing up?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I've decided to quell my interest in omnibuses. I've loved reading them, but have come to realise that they are too pricey for me and are so big that reading them feels like a slog. I have Infinity Gauntlet which will have to be tackled next summer.

In other news, I started reading the HC editions of Ms Marvel and I have been reminded of why I love comics and, most importantly, of how to enjoy myself. Saying that, I read it with an air of sadness as, I first read it when I was a little younger and now I am a bit older aha and much has changed. Sign of growing up?
    Thats probably one lf the wisest financial decisions you can make for yourself! There is no reason for them to feel like a slog though. They are simply a collection of comics. Many omnibus', I finish a current story line, track where I am and take a break. If people were collecting single issues, they would read many different issues and not just read only Batman or something for 40 straight uninterupted issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Thats probably one lf the wisest financial decisions you can make for yourself! There is no reason for them to feel like a slog though. They are simply a collection of comics. Many omnibus', I finish a current story line, track where I am and take a break. If people were collecting single issues, they would read many different issues and not just read only Batman or something for 40 straight uninterupted issues.
    That’s actually a really good point you make. Ever since I switched from singles to trades, I’ve read whole runs at a time and by the end I’m always a bit burned out. I think I’ll start mixing up my reading a bit more.

Avengers MMW vol 1

Absolute The Long Halloween, read it years ago as singles, first time Absolute read and it’s still cracking, racing through the thing, they don’t make em like this any more

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute The Long Halloween, read it years ago as singles, first time Absolute read and it’s still cracking, racing through the thing, they don’t make em like this any more
    Yes, I agree. Great story and appropriately good art. This is one of those that deserves the Absolute treatment.