Default Collected Editions gone wrong!

I came across this revelation recently and was beyond disgusted!! I own the Green Lantern Green Arrow TPB by Denny O'Neil & Neal Adams and came upon an original newsprint scan of the double page spread from issue #81...please compare the 2 below and tell me if you can spot the differences?!! UGH!!! I am used to the recoloring so not going to gripe about that, even though I much prefer the original colors, but what is shocking to me is how insane the crop job is on this. I mean the artwork is literally butchered here. Check out the woman at the bottom, half of the image is missing, the entire impact and emotional despair of her character has been erased! And you cannot even see the man's fist in the 3rd panel down. Does anyone own the Absolute Edition, wondering if that is butchered as well?

If anyone has any other examples of Collected Editions that are messed up in any way please share.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Collected Editions thread since it is not exclusively meant for DC. If someone could move it that would be great.

Spectacular Member

I had not heard of art being cropped like this. But I know a while back DC went through a ridiculously bad streak of production errors in collected editions. Stuff like duplicate pages, missing pages, pages out of order, etc. Some expensive books were recalled, others not, which didn't make customers happy.

Terrible cropping, especially on the downmost panels, yikes!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Anyone else unable to see the photos?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Anyone else unable to see the photos?
    I see them

All-New Member

I have the Deluxe Edition hardcover, and the cropping is just as bad...even worse, the pages aren't side by side, they're back to front...

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I have the Deluxe Edition hardcover, and the cropping is just as bad...even worse, the pages aren't side by side, they're back to front...
    I just don't understand how DC would allow this, especially on such a classic run. I checked the 1983 7 issue reprint series and the same bad crop job is there as well.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I have the old Hard Traveling Heroes trades and I thought it had the original comic art, I had read it was one of the only true reprints, but Nope!