Page 104 of 220 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3296
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Same! And it gave us the AMAZING spin off series, Lucifer.
    Exactly - just got the omnibus. Looking forward to reading that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Let us know what you think - I've read the first two Sandman omnibus editions not so long ago and I really liked them. This particular arc was one of my favourites.
    I finished reading Sandman:Season of Mists,and it was a story arc that i will be re-reading again,the story is a page turner and the art of this story arc is quite good as well.
    I have already Sandman.Vol.5 and Vol.6 to read in my next readings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I finished reading Sandman:Season of Mists,and it was a story arc that i will be re-reading again,the story is a page turner and the art of this story arc is quite good as well.
    Glad you liked it

Kill or be killed, about 20 pages in and about the same amount of eye rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Kill or be killed, about 20 pages in and about the same amount of eye rolling
    Uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The first Sandman story I read was Season of Mists and what can I say, it's beautiful. I read it for the third time last year and it was just as perfect as both previous reads
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

This is pre-emptive and not technically all collected editions, but nonetheless. After a **** week so far, I am going to get up on Saturday morning, make a green tea, remain firmly in my pyjamas and get snug on my couch. I will then read all of Negation, Byrne's WW run and maybe the Jimenez omnibus, depending how I get on for time. It should be a lovely weekend
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Finished Carthago Adventures, which was great. Not sure yet what to read next.

Normally I switch between publishers and between older and newer material. But as I want to focus on some read-a-thons (Claremont X-Men, Hellboy universe, Valiant universe), maybe I will try rotating books/series, i.e. an X-Men book, followed by a stand-alone book, followed by a Valiant book etc.

Let's see if that is feasible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    This is pre-emptive and not technically all collected editions, but nonetheless. After a **** week so far, I am going to get up on Saturday morning, make a green tea, remain firmly in my pyjamas and get snug on my couch. I will then read all of Negation, Byrne's WW run and maybe the Jimenez omnibus, depending how I get on for time. It should be a lovely weekend
    Sounds like a great plan!

The great edition ECC Spain did of The Doom Patrol by Gerard Way and Nick Derington collecting the first 12 issues. It's a hardcover that my younger brother lent me

Last edited by Chubistian; 01-09-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

I watched a video review of the Prometheus/Aliens/AvP Fire & Stone and Life & Death Library editions on the Gem Mint YouTube channel and decided to pull them off the shelf.

Therefore contrary to my plans described above, I am now halfway through Fire & Stone. It's great fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The first Sandman story I read was Season of Mists and what can I say, it's beautiful. I read it for the third time last year and it was just as perfect as both previous reads
    I am still collecting all of the Sandman in collected editions.Currently i have until Vol.6 of Sandman.
    Season of Mists was so far one of the best story arcs in Sandman,but i have still some volumes to read that i had never read so far.

Finished Doomsday clock and just ...wow
    Possibly one of the worst comics I've read in a long time. It's like an edgy 17 year old who failed English class trying to prove that they are the bees knees by writing Watchmen fanfic.
    So many stupid things happen in this book, it was at least moderately entertaining for that reason, but the tons of unnecessary narration killed the momentum after a while.
    Also, Garry Frank, while a competent artist, he was just the worst choice for this book (maybe it's on his inker).

Anyone who wants a decent Watchmen sequel should just watch the HBO series IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Finished Doomsday clock and just ...wow
    Possibly one of the worst comics I've read in a long time. It's like an edgy 17 year old who failed English class trying to prove that they are the bees knees by writing Watchmen fanfic.
    So many stupid things happen in this book, it was at least moderately entertaining for that reason, but the tons of unnecessary narration killed the momentum after a while.
    Also, Garry Frank, while a competent artist, he was just the worst choice for this book (maybe it's on his inker).

Anyone who wants a decent Watchmen sequel should just watch the HBO series IMHO.
    I didn't like Doomsday Clock either, though I liked Gary Frank in it. I was utterly bored by the story and I really disliked that it felt as another correction of the timeline more than a story on its own. What ruined it most for me was Geoff Johns writing like he was Alan Moore. I like Johns, but he may be the most mainstream writer I know, while Watchmen, even if it's own by DC, is a story that went against a lot of the things that Johns did in Doomsday Clock

Astonishing Member

I finished reading recently Sandman:A Game of You.
    And i am curently reading Sandman:Fables & Reflections.