Page 54 of 220 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Having the "Hush Returns" content in a book I own would go against every fibre of my moral being, both as a man and as a comic collector....But I might do it.

In regard to a possible Dini omnibus from DC, Gotham City Sirens and the popular Harley Quinn one-shot would be huge selling points. Add in Streets of Gotham and his Detective run (and the two addendum issues for Heart of Hush), and it would be a great book. I don't think they'd be able to fit his Zatanna issues in unless they split it into two volumes.
    They already put out a Sirens omni, I can’t imagine them putting all that in another book plus Streets etc.

Pulled this off of the shelf this morning.
    Some great stories and beautiful art.
    2098506.jpg

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I am currently reading Grant Morrison's Batman V1 Omnibus.

It's enjoyable, but not great. At least it's not as weird and hard to follow as some of the things I've read by him.

Prelude/War of Kings/Aftermath Omnis: This was my first time reading most of this with the exception being the Guardians of the Galaxy issues. I loved this from start to finish, all three omnis! Exciting, well thought out, and massive in scope. Art is pretty good throughout. As a side note, I've read very little with the Inhumans in the past. This run made me a fan. I do have a lingering question, more out of curiosity, if anybody can answer. Where and how does Black Bolt ultimately return?

Reborn OHC: Bought this OHC for 60% off from the IST clearance deals. The afterlife/fantasy story is ok. Not bad, nothing amazing either. Sort of par for the course with these 6 issue Mark Millar stories. It's nice to see some Capullo art outside of the DC universe.

Redneck V1 TPB: Another one I got for 70% off from the IST deal. This is the first thing I've read by Donnie Cates. Seems like I've been hearing his name a lot lately. Vampire stories are usually not something in my wheelhouse, but I enjoyed this quite a bit. I'll definitely get the second volume next time I place an order, maybe along with something else by Cates. Anybody have any other recommendations of something by him?

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Prelude/War of Kings/Aftermath Omnis: This was my first time reading most of this with the exception being the Guardians of the Galaxy issues. I loved this from start to finish, all three omnis! Exciting, well thought out, and massive in scope. Art is pretty good throughout. As a side note, I've read very little with the Inhumans in the past. This run made me a fan. I do have a lingering question, more out of curiosity, if anybody can answer. Where and how does Black Bolt ultimately return?

Reborn OHC: Bought this OHC for 60% off from the IST clearance deals. The afterlife/fantasy story is ok. Not bad, nothing amazing either. Sort of par for the course with these 6 issue Mark Millar stories. It's nice to see some Capullo art outside of the DC universe.

Redneck V1 TPB: Another one I got for 70% off from the IST deal. This is the first thing I've read by Donnie Cates. Seems like I've been hearing his name a lot lately. Vampire stories are usually not something in my wheelhouse, but I enjoyed this quite a bit. I'll definitely get the second volume next time I place an order, maybe along with something else by Cates. Anybody have any other recommendations of something by him?
    I believe that happens in Hickman's Fantastic Four run, in issue #5 of the Future Foundation series. Not quite sure on the hows and whys, but I remember being a bit confused as I hadn't read War of Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    I believe that happens in Hickman's Fantastic Four run, in issue #5 of the Future Foundation series. Not quite sure on the hows and whys, but I remember being a bit confused as I hadn't read War of Kings.
    Thank you! Funny enough, I almost ordered that first Hickman complete collection this week. I keep trying to hold out for omni reprints, but will probably cave in before then.

Incredible Member

Just finished the Daredevil by Miller/Janson omnibus and it was really great. Did not expect it to be this good, especially because it is quite an old run. Some things were dated, sure, but overall it was very modern.

Liked it so much I immediately moved on to the Companion omnibus.

Absolute Blackest Night, not really digging it, Geoff Johns has always been more miss that hit for me, he has a lot going on in his stories, maybe too much, and the characters just seem somehow lost, maybe I’m just not a fan of big company wide stories, I think this maybe going on the selling pile

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute Blackest Night, not really digging it, Geoff Johns has always been more miss that hit for me, he has a lot going on in his stories, maybe too much, and the characters just seem somehow lost, maybe I’m just not a fan of big company wide stories, I think this maybe going on the selling pile
    Just finished the TP of "Batman: White Knight". Good stuff! I trade-waited it so read it all at once. Looking forward to the "Mutant X" collection.

I ended up giving up on Monstress half way through the first trade. I just don't think it's for me, so I'll be selling that one.

After catching up on a huge pile of monthlies, I'm now reading the Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I finished the Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin TPB earlier. I quite liked it. To carry on the Star Wars kick I'm on at the moment, I'm re-reading my Star Wars Volume 1 OHC in preparation for volume 2, which is on it's way to me.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just finished Avengers by Hickman Omnibus Vol. 2. Now, there is only Secret Wars.....

One of my favorite Spider-Man stories by two of my favorite Spider-Man story tellers. Len Wein and Ross Andru.
    Spider-Man: A New Goblin
    61I14Tmj-uL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm now reading Shipwreck from Aftershock comics. I read the first few issues in floppy format but I've got no idea how it ends.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Reading my Justice League International Omnibus. This is the first DC series I started buying regularly in my teens. Such a fun book. One of my all-time favorites.