Page 13 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's different but I think it's very good too. I think some people just can't deal with it that Moore had other plans for the series than deconstructed victorian adventures and that's why it has a bad rep.
    But I can understand if some people don't want prose in their comics but in this case I think it was well executed and fun (except for one part when I just couldn't understand what the hell is going on )
    I don't have the feeling that it's going to be bad, just waiting to find out where this is going. After that, I'm going for the century trilogy to finish up

I am reading Shazam The New Beginning - 30th Anniversary Deluxe edition

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I don't have the feeling that it's going to be bad, just waiting to find out where this is going. After that, I'm going for the century trilogy to finish up
    Well I can say that I got quite a few laughs out of all the references Moore's put into the book but I did enjoy it less than the previous two. Just thought the story wasn't as engaging as the previous volumes. I'll read the Century Trilogy to finish up next.

Well I can say that I got quite a few laughs out of all the references Moore's put into the book but I did enjoy it less than the previous two. Just thought the story wasn't as engaging as the previous volumes. I'll read the Century Trilogy to finish up next.
    I really didn't enjoy Black Dossier and I love the first 2 volumes. I found it hard work to get through and I didn't feel the ending was worth it. It's one of those books that I doubt I'll ever pick up and read again but because I've got all the other LoEG stuff and the Nemo stuff, I don't want to part with it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I really didn't enjoy Black Dossier and I love the first 2 volumes. I found it hard work to get through and I didn't feel the ending was worth it. It's one of those books that I doubt I'll ever pick up and read again but because I've got all the other LoEG stuff and the Nemo stuff, I don't want to part with it.
    Oh yes, the Nemo stuff. Don't have that yet - but I hope that the Century Trilogy will be more like the first two volumes (as opposed to Black Dossier).

Oh yes, the Nemo stuff. Don't have that yet - but I hope that the Century Trilogy will be more like the first two volumes (as opposed to Black Dossier).
    well they are just comics, no prose They go further into modern times which I think is interesting but I liked BD a lot too so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Regardless, I think it's worth getting Nemo too.

Comic Collector Supreme DiamondGirl's Avatar

Currently reading the Vision series from 2015 by Tom King. I like the way he writes and I will be looking for other series by this author.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post
    Currently reading the Vision series from 2015 by Tom King. I like the way he writes and I will be looking for other series by this author.
    He’s been writing Batman since rebirth started I believe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    He’s been writing Batman since rebirth started I believe.
    Waiting to read Vision. I have read part of his Batman run which is really good. His Omega Men is pretty good and worth checking out. I love discovering a great writer or artist or better yet a great writer/artist team

Mighty Member

^Sheriff of Babylon and his Grayson run as well

‘Kraven’s Last Hunt’.

How I didn’t read this sooner I have no idea, it was (is) superb.
    Iron Man fan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Reager View Post
    ‘Kraven’s Last Hunt’.

How I didn’t read this sooner I have no idea, it was (is) superb.
    Am I the only one who found this extremely overrated? Seems a lot of you are hyped for the upcoming OHC as well. I'm mean the story was intruguing and art was good, but i found the narration godawful, to the point of really turning me off of it. Hard to believe this is oft considered THE best spidey story.

*side note: I bought the epic from earlier this year and also found the much praised spider-man/wolverine issue to be mediocre as well. Shame as i was really pumped for that particular collection.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Am I the only one who found this extremely overrated? Seems a lot of you are hyped for the upcoming OHC as well. I'm mean the story was intruguing and art was good, but i found the narration godawful, to the point of really turning me off of it. Hard to believe this is oft considered THE best spidey story.

*side note: I bought the epic from earlier this year and also found the much praised spider-man/wolverine issue to be mediocre as well. Shame as i was really pumped for that particular collection.

Takes all sorts to make the world go ‘round; that’s fine Sir.

No dramas at all.
    Iron Man fan

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Waiting to read Vision.
    It's getting a director's cut version (OHC) in januari.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Sheriff of Babylon
    This one is also being collected in an OHC.