Page 99 of 220 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3287
    Astonishing Member

I started reading the second book of the Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore in TPB.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I recently finished The Brave And The Bold Bronze Age Omnibus Volume 2, which contain issues 111-156.

What a joy this was! I had owned a few of these issues as a kid in the 70s before I really started "collecting" comics. I didn't realize at that time how out-of-character Batman was in this series, but it was a lot of fun! Seeing Bruce Wayne and Barry Allen go disco dancing was especially hilarious. I'm really glad I decided to buy this volume...Jim Aparo was an amazing Batman artist, and Bob Haney wrote some very enjoyable one-and-done stories quite consistently for this series.

Ok, technically this isn't a collected edition or a classic, but I live in this sub-forum... I just read Lemire's Frogcatchers, and it got me emotionally at the end there, even thought it was so obviously predictable. Although, I kinda feel like it was supposed to be predictable, to be honest. I also thought that it was released today (got it pre-order) but I keep seeing released dates for back in September. Shrug.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

After another short break from reading any sort of collected edition, I'm now reading the Daytripper TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I bought The Savage Sword of Conan V1 back in May. Read it over the last week to see if I should buy V2 next week.

Count me in.

Crisis.jpg

Now that I have all 3 volumes in hand, I've started on the DC "Crisis on Infinite Earths" Collections.

Astonishing Member

I am reading Captain Marvel:Secret Invasion in TPB.

The sixth gun vol 6

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Doctor Star & The Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows. Heartbreaking.

Borrowed by my younger brother. I should have borrowed the third (and last) volume too, because I enjoyed these so much that I read them both in two days

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I'm currently giving V For Vendetta another read.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The doom that came to Gotham and The shadow/Batman .
    The first was just okay but nothing amazing the second was just plain stupid and a bit insulting for shadow fans.
    Also I think I just don't really care about batman anymore.

Absolute Watchmen at home, Locke and Key (latest edition) book 2 at work

Astonishing Member

I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man.Vol:4 Omnibus.
    Re-reading because i already read the stories but not in a Omnibus Edition book.

Finished Absolute Batman Black Mirror and Zatanna by Paul Dini TP a week ago. Also read Batman: White Knight, and trying to catch up on Curse of the White Knight to add it into my pull box.

Just tonight finished a read through the Snyder Batman omnibus (binding was tight with a tiny eye but the stories read super fast and I'm super glad to have it collected on my shelf). I'm now getting a bit impatient refreshing UPS tracking page for Absolute Swamp Thing, which should have arrived this weekend (for some reason the IST order was transferred from UPS to USPS in Dallas, went to Oklahoma City for a few days and now is back in Dallas lol).

I cracked open volume one of Y the Last Man and got a quick taste with the first issue or so...not sure if I want to dive into a long series like that but it seems interesting.

Next up: hopefully Swamp Thing will arrive, but also have New Frontier absolute, the Deluxe HCs of Fable 1-3 and Rebirth Detective 1-4 on the way. I've been tearing through DC omnis lately, I guess because most of my pull list has been heavy with X-men/Dawn of X titles.