Page 36 of 220 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    After singing it’s praise I’m really struggling with early Hellblazer, Delano is just too wordy, I enjoyed Newcastle but the rest of the stuff! Art is all over the place, 2 trades down, 16 more to go, hope it gets better, it’s not how I remember it
    You've read Newcastle you are fine now to jump to ennis I think if you are not enjoying Delano. I really liked ennis, Jenkins and Carrey. Even azarello was entertaining.
    Although the art is all over the place under ennis too but the writing is so much more enjoyable.

Fantastic Member

Glad to hear the Jenkins stuff is good, I picked up 3 of his volumes for the Sean Phillips art but haven’t read them yet.

The Delano run was a real chore, but at the same time there's something about it that will make me revisit it in the future. Ennis had its moments but wouldn't put it even in the top ten of his stuff.

Spectacular Member

I bought a whole bunch of Hellblazer trades when bookstores started closing down. That was years ago. Only just put them in order to see how to start...

Just received Criminal and jumped straight into it. On the other hand, Busiek’s Avengers Omni’s are here along with a local purchase of Hickman’s Avengers and Busiek’s Ironman. A marathon is coming...

Meanwhile, Sandman is hanging on vol 7, Exiles vol 2, Ironman has started.

I’m also trying to enjoy Providence very slowly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started Daytripper by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá. Man, that is some beautiful art by those 2 fellas and the usual perfect colouring by Dave Stewart. I have a fondness for Brazil, as it being one of mine and my wife's favourite countries visited in our "younger" days.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The Delano run was a real chore, but at the same time there's something about it that will make me revisit it in the future. Ennis had its moments but wouldn't put it even in the top ten of his stuff.
    I kinda want to revisit the Ennis run to see how it holds up but I remember when I've started Dangerous Habits that was when the whole thing clicked for me.

Started reading Planet Hulk Omnibus last night. Currently on issue #93.

Can anyone confirm that #89 is a title mistake? Says “Incredible Hilk” and I’m pretty sure it should say Hulk not Hilk. Do all the books have this error?

Otherwise really great story, extremely entertaining and enjoyable.

Incredible Member

Finished up the first trade of Lucifer. Loving it. Would have finished earlier but was travelling for work so I brought a novel to read instead.(last book of the Hyperion/Endymion series which I really enjoyed).
    Lucifer is a slightly more straight forward series than Sandman with a more interesting main character (Sandman is great though).
    Looking forward to continuing on.

Fantastic Four Epic Collection - Vol 1

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Recently started reading my SA Mighty Thor v3 Omnibus. Probably the earliest Thor I’ve read, but I figured my collection needed some Kirby Thor, and a few issues by John Buscema sealed the deal.

Blew through the first six issues of the Runaways omnibus. I didn't read it when it was released, but I was the same age as the characters at the time.. so all of the (dated) pop culture references are eerily on point for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Recently started reading my SA Mighty Thor v3 Omnibus. Probably the earliest Thor I’ve read, but I figured my collection needed some Kirby Thor, and a few issues by John Buscema sealed the deal.
    This was one of my favourite Omnibus'. There is also a nice Neal Adams 2 issue run.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Finished up the first trade of Lucifer. Loving it. Would have finished earlier but was travelling for work so I brought a novel to read instead.(last book of the Hyperion/Endymion series which I really enjoyed).
    Lucifer is a slightly more straight forward series than Sandman with a more interesting main character (Sandman is great though).
    Looking forward to continuing on.
    yassssss!..

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    This was one of my favourite Omnibus'. There is also a nice Neal Adams 2 issue run.
    I had no idea...Neal Adams is possibly my favorite comics artist of all time. This purchase sounds well worth it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I had no idea...Neal Adams is possibly my favorite comics artist of all time. This purchase sounds well worth it.
    Its a great purchase. This volume had great epics and nice art from Kirby, Buscema and a 2 part Adams drawn story which also surprised me when I got to them.