Page 81 of 220 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3296

Just finished Absolute planetary 1 & 2 and it’s as good if not better than i remember, now on to Absolute Preacher book 1, which isn’t as good as I remember but then again I do think Ennis is a one trick pony, and that trick grew thin years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished Absolute planetary 1 & 2 and it’s as good if not better than i remember, now on to Absolute Preacher book 1, which isn’t as good as I remember but then again I do think Ennis is a one trick pony, and that trick grew thin years ago
    Just out of interest, what would you say is Ennis' best stuff? I've read very little by him.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I just started reading the Before Watchmen omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just out of interest, what would you say is Ennis' best stuff? I've read very little by him.
    Before I started to re-read Preacher I probably would of said that, I have a few Ennis books, The Boys, the Punisher stuff, actually, thinking about it, it’s been a while since I read it and it may also disappoint me after all this time, but I’d go with hitman being his best stuff, when he’s given free reign, it’s as if profanity and gruesome deaths take the place of a good story, being tied to the DC proper (somewhat) forced him to concentrate on character and story, and it was much better, be nice to get a Hitman omni

Currently reading

Hellboy Volume 11: The Bride of Hell and Others TPB

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading The Star Wars Lucas Draft Deluxe Edition Box Set. It's comprised of three larger than the regular OHC sized books. The first contains issues #1-8, the second sketches and layouts which was issue #0 and the third a beautiful cover portfolio. The story itself is ok and could have done with a little bit better dialogue at times and jumps a bit, but then again they were basing it on Lucas's draft and he's not the best when it comes to writing dialogue. The art by Mike Mayhew, in particular the detail on the faces is quite beautiful. It's a little "jerky" on some of rhe action scenes, though. Overall, a very nice boxset and s must for Star Wars fans.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 3. Out of the first 3 omnibus volumes, this is my favorite.

The Brood Saga, the Magik mini, the Wolverine mini, God Loves, Man Kills OGN, & Rogue joining the X-Men. All fantastic stuff!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 3. Out of the first 3 omnibus volumes, this is my favorite.

The Brood Saga, the Magik mini, the Wolverine mini, God Loves, Man Kills OGN, & Rogue joining the X-Men. All fantastic stuff!
    Agree! The Claremont UXM omnis get better with each volume!

Incredible Member

Will start on Harrow County Library Edition 1 tonight. Heard good things!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Will start on Harrow County Library Edition 1 tonight. Heard good things!
    Oh yes! Really liked it!

Started reading

B.P.R.D: Plague of Frogs Volume 1 TPB

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Started reading

You'll have to let us know what you think. This one is coming up soon in my backlog!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just finished the Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu: Out of Time TPB (Shang-Chi). It was solid read.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Started reading

You'll have to let us know what you think. This one is coming up soon in my backlog!
    Well, it got off to a sort of disjointed start because of the way the series was developed, but the last section tied some of that together quite nicely and really made me want to get Volume 2 now.

So, I am reading 3 Collections right now at the same time. Is that a normal amount to read?

I’m currently reading:

-X-Men Epic Collection Volume 2: Lonely are the Hunted- I have to say it’s better than Volume 1. Took me months to finish volume 1. I’m not a 60’s fan.

-Spider-Girl: Complete Collection Volume 1: OMG. I can’t believe how good this is. Why have I not gotten into May Parker before? And this is coming from a non Spier-Man fan. It’s a fantastic series so far. Highly recommend.

-New Teen Titans Volume 4 TPB: great series of course. Really enjoyed 1-3 (3 being my favorite so far). Wolfman and Pérez are magic.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions