Page 134 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3272
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Currently reading the UXM volume 1 omnibus. As long as I have been reading comics i have never read these issues. So far at issue #111 and it's been a wonderful read. I'm starting to really understand where Storm and Jean fans have been coming from now that I'm diving into this material.
    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    My copy is on the way, and like you I haven't read these before. In honesty, I haven't read much X-Men at all. I'm hoping to get through it fast enough so I'll know if I should get the following books that are also being reprinted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I envy a first-read again...and vol. 2 is even better!
    This was my first ever Omnibus purchase some 8-9 years ago and my first ever Omnibus read. Quite excellent. You'll want to purchase Vol. 2 as Vol. 1 breaks off during the Dark Phoenix saga. Personally, I'm not an X-Men fan but this was a great era.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This was my first ever Omnibus purchase some 8-9 years ago and my first ever Omnibus read. Quite excellent. You'll want to purchase Vol. 2 as Vol. 1 breaks off during the Dark Phoenix saga. Personally, I'm not an X-Men fan but this was a great era.
    Sounds good! Yeah if I End up liking it I will lost likely get vol 2-4 as well. Really wanna read the first run as well and Will try to Hunt down the Epics for those.

Just finished volume 1 and it was fantastic, I definitely have to get the Vol. 2 reprint when it comes out and if I like it will get the others. Was definitely shocked to learn that the series was bimonthly for a good chunk of the early run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    My copy is on the way, and like you I haven't read these before. In honesty, I haven't read much X-Men at all. I'm hoping to get through it fast enough so I'll know if I should get the following books that are also being reprinted.
    You definitely should get at least UXM Vol 2. In fact, the first volume ends a few issues before a huge climax in one of the greatest stories arcs of all time. I've already read it before and I am still desperately waiting for the reprint to land so I can read it again Oversized.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    You definitely should get at least UXM Vol 2. In fact, the first volume ends a few issues before a huge climax in one of the greatest stories arcs of all time. I've already read it before and I am still desperately waiting for the reprint to land so I can read it again Oversized.
    Sounds good!

Bendis Daredevil omni’s, these remind me why I love comics

Sandman omnibus 1. After reading Lucifer I decided to go for the series it started with, although I couldn't get into it before.

Incredible Member

I'm roughly a quarter in to Uncanny X-Men Omni 1 and yeah, I dig it.

I just finished Original Sin, having read it for the first time. I thought it was pretty good, filled with suspense that really sucked me in untill the big reveal (which did disappoint me a bit, but oh well). And the artwork, wow... masterfully done. I need to see more of Mike Deodato's work.

I did not, however, enjoy the Original Sins series also included in the collected edition - especially not the Young Avengers part, which was most of it. Terrible artwork, terrible colouring, terrible characters. And neither the writing nor, especially, the visuals fit with the style of the main series at all.

Read the Hulk vs. Iron Man tie-in afterwards, which was decent but nothing groundbreaking. Mark Bagley's art is always enjoyable for me, though he's at his best drawing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I just finished Original Sin, having read it for the first time. I thought it was pretty good, filled with suspense that really sucked me in untill the big reveal (which did disappoint me a bit, but oh well). And the artwork, wow... masterfully done. I need to see more of Mike Deodato's work.

I did not, however, enjoy the Original Sins series also included in the collected edition - especially not the Young Avengers part, which was most of it. Terrible artwork, terrible colouring, terrible characters. And neither the writing nor, especially, the visuals fit with the style of the main series at all.

Read the Hulk vs. Iron Man tie-in afterwards, which was decent but nothing groundbreaking. Mark Bagley's art is always enjoyable for me, though he's at his best drawing Spider-Man.

Original Sin - is that the Hardcover that you have? This one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Si...8MM6DF6A26FH1Z

Is it worth over just the Paperback:

Paperback doesn't have the Original Sins series (Amazon info on that page is wrong), so I'm wondering whether to go for the Hardcover or stick to just the Paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Original Sin - is that the Hardcover that you have? This one:

Is it worth over just the Paperback:

Paperback doesn't have the Original Sins series (Amazon info on that page is wrong), so I'm wondering whether to go for the Hardcover or stick to just the Paperback.
    My version is paperback and have both - and it's the UK edition, purchased through Booksetc. But either way, you shouldn't go out of your way to get Original Sins. It really disappoints compared to the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    My version is paperback and have both - and it's the UK edition, purchased through Booksetc. But either way, you shouldn't go out of your way to get Original Sins. It really disappoints compared to the main series.
    Ah interesting, I think I see where the difference is at. You bought the UK Panini version:
    https://www.booksetc.co.uk/books/view/-9781846536328

Instead of the US Marvel version:

https://www.booksetc.co.uk/books/view/-9780785154914

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Ah interesting, I think I see where the difference is at. You bought the UK Panini version:
    https://www.booksetc.co.uk/books/view/-9781846536328

Instead of the US Marvel version:

https://www.booksetc.co.uk/books/view/-9780785154914

Right?
    I did, yeah. Fascinating - I wasn't even aware that there were two versions. And mine, which has far more material, is even the cheaper of the two. Weird. The quality is excellent, really great paper - though there are some issues with several speech bubbles in my copy. Don't know if that issue is a one-off or not.

Reading Batman: Hush deluxe for the first time. Great art, hot ladies, good story, should whip through pretty fast.

Next up: Justice League by Brad Meltzer deluxe edition.

haven't read comics for a while, was just watching anime and other cartoons but recently went through a couple:
    Sailor Moon eternal edition v1: loved the anime as a kid and heard the latest one (Crystal) is not that good so decided to just start reading the original manga instead. It's aimed at a completely different demographic than mine, which is fine by me and it was actually pretty fun (also it was progressively getting better). Looking forward to further volumes although I think I actually prefer watching anime over manga. The soundtrack and the Japanese voice acting ads a lot (hence why I'll just wait for further seasons of Haikyuu instead of catching up with the manga).

Eat and love yourself: the premise sounded good (girl with an eating disorder, slice of life) but I never felt that the story ever really got going. That said if Sweeney Boo ever does a second volume I'd read it cause it was interesting enough (I actually think the second volume could make the story as a whole better).

Slam! v1 and 2: a story about two girls becoming best friends through roller derby then ending up on rival teams. Love the movie Whip it! so this looked like my cup of tea and it wasn't bad but it just felt really rushed.
    I could've read the premise of the first volume alone for 12 issues but it was only 4 (each volumes) and it felt like the story was just touching on major points of their life instead of fleshing the situations out.
    Wish Netflix would buy the rights and made a proper show based on it, I'd watch the hell out of it.