Page 106 of 220 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3288

The Wild storm: Ellis reimagines the Wildstorm universe from the ground up. Starts a bit in medias res but it gets clear after a few issues (similar to Injection). Loved that it was 24 issues and done, although it's just the origins really.
    Also in usual Ellis fashion it reads like a tv series. My only complaint is the art. Plenty of details but the design and style doesn't live up to Hitch.
    Also if you are a fan of the original Authority, get ready for the millennial, hipster, LGBTQ (more so than before) reimagining! I liked this version a lot, except for Hawksmoore, I think he just got a bit lamer.

Sunstone: Mercy v1: I need more!
    MOOOAAAR!!!!

PTSD by Guillaume Singelin: cartoony art and pseudo sci-fi setting (kinda futuristic, undefined war is going on, somewhere in fictional Asia) but realistic examination of ptsd and the treatment of veterans.
    I LOVED the art style, especially the colors were beautiful, but it might not be everyone's cuppa. The structure of the story is a bit ill defined but it gets its point across.
    +1 for best doggo sidekick!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Wild storm: Ellis reimagines the Wildstorm universe from the ground up. Starts a bit in medias res but it gets clear after a few issues (similar to Injection). Loved that it was 24 issues and done, although it's just the origins really.
    Also in usual Ellis fashion it reads like a tv series. My only complaint is the art. Plenty of details but the design and style doesn't live up to Hitch.
    Also if you are a fan of the original Authority, get ready for the millennial, hipster, LGBTQ (more so than before) reimagining! I liked this version a lot, except for Hawksmoore, I think he just got a bit lamer.
    Has this been released as a HC or just the 4 trades? And is the universe finished now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Has this been released as a HC or just the 4 trades? And is the universe finished now?
    4 trades only as far as I'm aware.
    there is a Michael Cray 12 issue mini from another writer and Ellis will have a 6 issue Wild Cats series (I think it starts this month), but this can be read as it's own thing and the origins of the new Wildstorm universe.

Incredible Member

I'm currently reading through the Bendis Daredevil Omnibus and it's my first time reading this story in nearly a decade.

It absolutely floored me back in 2012, but I've found it a bit of a slog to get through ever since. Hard to say why, but it might just be the style of pacing or perhaps my tastes have just changed. I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but I'm unsure if I'll reach the end soon and decide to order Volume 2. I'll possibly report back later!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    4 trades only as far as I'm aware.
    there is a Michael Cray 12 issue mini from another writer and Ellis will have a 6 issue Wild Cats series (I think it starts this month), but this can be read as it's own thing and the origins of the new Wildstorm universe.
    I havnt heard anything about Wild Cats coming back after the first two issues were delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I havnt heard anything about Wild Cats coming back after the first two issues were delayed.
    oh, didn't know about that

I'm currently giving Daredevil: The Man Without Fear another read.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

OGN, not a collected edition, but I finally read Sabrina last night. It was really good, although I'm not sure that it was Booker worthy. Still, I think it's one to add to most people's list
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading Asterix in Spain.

Incredible Member

Dark Tower Omnibus. Just started this and the art by Jae Lee is incredible as always. Peter David captures the tone of Mid-World wonderfully. So far I am still in Gunslinger Born which is an adaptation of events outlined in Wizards and Glass so I am looking foreword to when theY move to material fleshing out more hinted at adventures from the novels. On a side note every time I pull one of the middle generation Omnis off the shelf I lament how the quality has fallen off in the new generation books. Not that the new ones are junk it’s just that those older ones were soooooo nice!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

"All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever", I just finished reading the Wally Wood Justice Society Vs. Vandal Savage through time. If you like that early run of Earth 2 from James Robinson awhile back, or Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier, these are worth reading. It's the earliest issues that feature Power Girl and a grey templed Golden Age Superman. There is so much great super hero comic story telling it's unreal.

Incredible Member

X-Men Ghosts TPB. Good stuff, better than the stuff that was in The Gift Epic Collection.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Dark Tower Omnibus. Just started this and the art by Jae Lee is incredible as always. Peter David captures the tone of Mid-World wonderfully. So far I am still in Gunslinger Born which is an adaptation of events outlined in Wizards and Glass so I am looking foreword to when theY move to material fleshing out more hinted at adventures from the novels. On a side note every time I pull one of the middle generation Omnis off the shelf I lament how the quality has fallen off in the new generation books. Not that the new ones are junk it’s just that those older ones were soooooo nice!
    I can totally relate. The better quality paper and the faux leather covers really make a difference.

I'm currently reading the Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 1 TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm currently reading the Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 1 TPB.
    My favourite Daredevil run. I hope you enjoy it if you haven't already read it. It can come across dated to some but it was revolutionary at the time and for me personally stands the test of time. Of course it's even better oversized.