Page 111 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1923
    Spectacular Member

Finished up Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1-2 and Batman: Death in the Family. Almost done with the Annihilation omnibus. Started reading Punisher: Back to the War as well.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

I've started the Revival Deluxe Editions. So far liking it better than Nailbiter (same basic genre)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Finished rereading the Damnation mini-event by Donny Cates and Nick Spencer. Enjoyed it. The Iron Fist crossover issues are also very good. It'd be cool to get the Ed Brisson Iron Fist run in OHC at some point.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Also read Persepolis finally and while the art is super crude at times the story is just superb and very engaging. Absolutely loved it!
    I read the Complete Persepolis a few years back when visiting family in the UK as I borrowed it from the library. Definitely a good read. Preferred Vol. 1 to Vol. 2. For me, it was also interesting from the historical and political point of view as Iran is of interest to me ever sine I read Shah of Shahs by Ryszard Kapuściński. If you're interested in Iran at all or journalists reportages, Shah of Shahs is such an excellent read. I highly recommend it. Kapuściński wonderfully puts forward eyewitness accounts as well as his own.

One of my favourite books is Another Day of Life by Kapuściński on Angola. This was made into a very good film recently (animated biography).

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I read the Complete Persepolis a few years back when visiting family in the UK as I borrowed it from the library. Definitely a good read. Preferred Vol. 1 to Vol. 2. For me, it was also interesting from the historical and political point of view as Iran is of interest to me ever sine I read Shah of Shahs by Ryszard Kapuściński. If you're interested in Iran at all or journalists reportages, Shah of Shahs is such an excellent read. I highly recommend it. Kapuściński wonderfully puts forward eyewitness accounts as well as his own.

One of my favourite books is Another Day of Life by Kapuściński on Angola. This was made into a very good film recently (animated biography).

thanks for the recommendation. I was more interested in the individual journey as the political stuff is just really, really depressing but I will try to check this out.

Just finished reading 'Chew'. Easily the most hilarious comic that I've read yet, but I await whatever takes it's crown. All hail Poyo!
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Just finished reading 'Chew'. Easily the most hilarious comic that I've read yet, but I await whatever takes it's crown. All hail Poyo!
    Yep, it really is good

Reading Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder omnibus 1 at the moment, not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, possibly because the art for the seconds story (the one set in the Wild West) just doesn’t fit the Mignola universe style.

Before that I read the metabarons, which was.....ok, but the two robots annoyed the shit out of me
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 02-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yep, it really is good

Reading Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder omnibus 1 at the moment, not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, possibly because the art for the seconds story (the one set in the Wild West) just doesn’t fit the Mignola universe style.

Before that I read the metabarons, which was.....ok, but the two robots annoyed the shit out of me

My thoughts exactly. Took me right out of the story each time. The prequel (Castaka) doesn't have that device and it's a much easier read because of that. Also, his Technopriests collection doesn't rely on such narrative devices.

Fantastic Member

Reading the New 52 Justice League run at the moment. Started with the Absolute, which covers the first 12 issues or rather 13, as it is 0-12. That was ok and saved by Jim Lee art but nowhere near as fun as Johns' Aquaman or Green Lantern runs. The third arc Throne of Atlantis is actually part of the Aquaman run and it is awesome. As I have read the Aquaman run previously I skipped it this time. Arc 4 The Grid wasn't great. Also, this is the first time reading a Johns run that I have the feeling that I should have read other books in order to understand what's going on. For instance, I have no idea why there is a JL as well as a JLA and why the JLA is there to somehow stop / counteract the JL? Also why was there a fight with Martian Manhunter? All in all quite confusing.

Next up is Trinity war. I will finish the whole run including the Darkseid War Omnibus but I really hope it improves.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Sweet.....I recently picked up all 6 Omnivore hardcovers from a fellow collector for a steal ($120 CDN). Once I finish Revival that will likely be next.

Just finished Promethea vol.1 deluxe edition, was completely different than I expected but I really enjoyed it. Takes awhile to get going but works up to really heady stuff. If you like Moore and the metaphysical/philosophical I recommend it

Put me in the mood for LoEG so I cracked open the new omnibus; nice to read these in oversized format, perfect blend of writing and art. But holy hell is the binding tight! Gotta hold it open to read but I guess it won't fall apart, at least.

Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 1...Soooo good! Cannot believe I waited so long to jump in. Looking forward to volume 2!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 1...Soooo good! Cannot believe I waited so long to jump in. Looking forward to volume 2!
    Came to post the same. Although it will be considered blasphemy by some, I am loving the new colors. Can't wait to have a full set to sit next to my Sandman Absolutes.

I was feeling very crime noir; so I read Brubaker & Rucka's Batman and 'Tec run along with Gotham Central. Hot damn I always forget how good they are together.

The pulp in these stories were amazing and I wish they would revisit Gotham Central in a DC Black Label title.

But no I am on a Brubaker kick and I am going to start his X-Men run since I never read it before.

Despite my current streak of not caring for superhero comics, I've just read the Super sons omnibus.
    Probably gonna end up selling it but it was actually pretty fun.
    I think I'm just sick of the cyclical nature of DC and MArvel at this point and that nothing matters, I wish this could've been a standalone universe, kinda like Invincible, but if you are into DC it's actually a good read with mostly good art and it's very all ages without being too childish.