Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Like a number of fellow members in this board, I'm rereading the Lee/Ditko Spidey omnibus. Romita was always my favorite Spidey artist since it's his look what got me into the character. But it's undeniable how much concept, dynamism and sheer creativity Ditko brought to the table. In his run, you find all of the basic Spider-Man mythos for the first time. All the classic villains appear within those first issues. Is it too wordy, or is the art too clunky? For audiences not used to the Silver Age charm, maybe. But it still holds up.

His work in Creepy or Eerie written by Archie Goodwin is my favorite by him on all levels, but as far as Marvel goes, in my opinion Amazing Spider-Man 31-33 is peak Steve Ditko, *SPOILER* the machinery lifting and the swinging arms after defeating Ock's henchmen sequences being my highlights.

Moore's Swamp Thing is sensational. Every few months or even years, you come across comics which 'defy' the genre and are simply fantastic stories. Swamp Thing fits thisc ategory. The horror aspects are powerful and even knowing it is a comic and only fiction, the fear you feel is genuine. I also love the oddity of it all, but how the book takes itself seriously.

One of the best comics that I have ever read, possibly the best.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Started reading Multiversity OHC, the last new 52-era book I have to read before I can finally get to the Rebirth deluxe editions. The first issue was excellent, and I think I'm actually going to read it again before moving on to the next one...something that definitely doesn't happen in collected editions.

All-New Member

I didn't start yet, but I just got my Miles Morales Omnibus and the Runaways omnibus. I'm super excited to get started.

Hellblazer vol 9 has picked up a bit but that may be to do with Sean Phillips art more than anything else, can’t tell you how disappointing it is rereading these

Just finished the Miles Morales omnibus. Bendis' dialogue gets a bit weird towards the end. Starting Morrison's Batman.

Shit! Just had an email, vol 19 is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Shit! Just had an email, vol 19 is on the way
    I really think you should just end your agony and sell the lot.

Amazing Member

About to finish Infinite Crisis Omnibus today and going to be starting 52 Omni right after

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    And did you like it?
    I did lol. I haven't been around comics in a long time and only recently got back into them about a few months ago so I didn't know much about the characters the story revolved around like Ralph, Ollie, Sue and Zatanna. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and flowed well, and the whole mindwipes thing was pretty wild.
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 07-12-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Swamp Thing just gets better and better. I don't understand how they did it!!!!
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    About to finish Infinite Crisis Omnibus today and going to be starting 52 Omni right after

I did lol. I haven't been around comics in a long time and only recently got back into them about a few months ago so I didn't know much about the characters the story revolved around like Ralph, Ollie, Sue and Zatanna. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and flowed well, and the whole mindwipes thing was pretty wild.

You really should've read Identity Crisis first...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You really should've read Identity Crisis first...
    He did. I asked him if he liked it:
    Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Finished Identity Crisis 10th Anni Hardcover and now have started Infinite Crisis omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I really think you should just end your agony and sell the lot.
    I think I will finish them, but I will sell them as I canít see myself ever reading them again

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Swamp Thing just gets better and better. I don't understand how they did it!!!!
    That Alan Moore Swamp Thing has crept into everything. I think the director of Ex-Machina and Annihilation was talking about how the look of the book influenced his movie.

Amazing Member

I read Infinity Hardcover. Its a comic that desperately wants to be a movie. It was a quick read, and i was a bit surprised that it seemed so superficial given that I often hear how great Hickman is supposed to be.

I struggled to get into Hickman's Fantastic Four; should I go back to that run or is it going to be the same as Infinity?