Page 151 of 220 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3296
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Well Tales From The DC Dark Multiverse is a pretty quick read. Knock that out before you tackle Invincible
    Thanks for the advice. Thoroughly enjoyed Dark Multiverse stories, but I do wish the stories didnt seem "rushed". Done for obvious reasons, of course, just wish they would have expanded a little bit more on them.

Onto Invincible tonight. (correction: its the Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 1, not the Compendium)

Finished the Final Crisis omni, pretty satisfied with it despite not understanding everything. After going through this era I've realized my DC history gaps are pretty wide, especially with regard to Fourth World/New Gods and JLA/JSA stuff. But now I can continue on with Batman, Detective, and GL omnis.

Just finished east of west book year 3, pretty satisfying I only wish he’d do more Manhattan Projects

Captain America epic collection vol 1
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Spectacular Member

DC/Milestone Hardware TPB, 2010 printing. Halfway through and enjoying it quite a bit.

Mighty Member

Outer Darkness v2 by Layman, then need to jump back to Thor by Aaron (I'm smack dab in the middle of the run).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, by Hergé

My uncle used to collect Tintin as a child and for some reason my mother kept those comics, so I always had access to them and this year I read some when visiting my mother's house. As a kid, I read many of them, but I hadn't done so for over a decade and a half before 2020

This was one of the few albums that weren't at home, so I bought it for Christmas

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Continuing my trawl through the X-books, currently circa 2004. District X and Nightcrawler are both very enjoyable, but I can’t wait to be done with Austen’s stuff. Claremont’s from this period isn’t great either, but Austen’s really does live down to its reputation. How did this guy get so much high profile work?

Over Christmas I read the first two Grant Morrison Klaus books (hanging onto those to read Christmas Eve). Got the Solomon Kane omni as a gift, and instantly read it Christmas day. Love love loved it. Despite a few of the stories being told and retold, I appreciated the time and place. The Kane original stories were a bonus (the Mignola, I had not expected). He's a character from Robert E. Howard, that is so headstrong with his Puritanical beliefs as a groundstone (and that's a positive), but with his inner drive to adventure he's shown things that make him doubt (it may not be PC but Kane truly believes he is righteous, and yet was consistently observing "dark arts" or "ju ju" & yet was receiving that and having to reconcile that with the beliefs he so clearly had...so many interesting stories.

Then I turned to the book I brought on my holiday time off, which I'd been hanging onto, which I'd been told "be prepared to read" ... and I read the Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe edition. Despite pretty much knowing the story, knowing what happens, and as a kid I remember reading parts of it, this was my first time sitting down and churning through THE CRISIS. In many ways, I wonder, why did I wait so long to read this? I've had the Deluxe Crisis (and the Companions) sitting on my shelf, but I had heard that it could be difficult to read. After I started turning pages, I couldn't get enough.

Part of me thinks that I'm on a DC Silver/Bronze age binge, perhaps because I'm not so sure how DC will be publishing in the next year (and there's a bit o' FOMO there for sure), but I'm enjoying it.

I watched the critically unknown & underrated Doom Patrol TV series, and now I've got an itch to buy & read the Silver Age Doom. Having seen what happens to Supergirl in CRISIS (a character I never really had a connection with), I'm kinda interested in those Supergirl Silver Age omnis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Continuing my trawl through the X-books, currently circa 2004. District X and Nightcrawler are both very enjoyable, but I can’t wait to be done with Austen’s stuff. Claremont’s from this period isn’t great either, but Austen’s really does live down to its reputation. How did this guy get so much high profile work?
    I guess he has a professional work ethic and is a nice person? I think a lot of time it counts a lot if you are easy to work with and you deliver on time. Plus he used to be an artist so I guess he just cemented himself in the industry.
    Also I was shocked to learn recently that he co produced She-ra and The princesses of power.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Just got Moon Knight by Lemire/Smallwood Hardback and Superior Foes Spider-Man from Spencer.
    Looking forward to reading both.
    Has anyone else here read them?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Just got Moon Knight by Lemire/Smallwood Hardback and Superior Foes Spider-Man from Spencer.
    I read Lemire and Smallwood's Moon Knight and really liked it. I'm no expert on Moon Knight at ALL, but I got a great time with this run, some cool twist and amazing visuals. If I remember right, there're some colaborations with other artists and the mix works perfectly thanks to the nature of the script.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Spencer and Lieber is another great read, I couldn't put the volume down until I was finished.

I hope you enjoy both stories!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yes, Moon Knight by Lemire & Smallwood isn't bad but I didn't find it amazing.. It's quite the psychological and psychedelic trip. Superior Foes by Spencer & Lieber is a lot of fun and a very good read.

Dug this out:
    Crossover Classics The Marvel/DC Collection TPB
    921929.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dug this out:
    Crossover Classics The Marvel/DC Collection TPB
    921929.jpg
    Thats pretty cool. What year was that?

I am starting "Superman For All Seasons" - Loeb and Sale, later today.