Page 144 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3288

Currently reading Hawkeye & Thunderbolts vol.2. Just getting my Thunderbolts fix while I await the omni without actually reading issues that will be contained in said Omnibus. Love this team and series so much.

The World of Black Hammer

Taking a break from my X-a-thon to reread O’Neil’s The Question run, as well as 鬼滅の刃.

I just finished The Phalanx Covenant. Some parts, mainly the X-Men and Uncanny X-Men parts, were pretty good and entertaining (much better than I remembered from way back) - while others (especially anything involving Douglock) dragged on and on with nothing noteworthy really happening. It's as if the writers couldn't agree on a coherent pace for the storyline, which was a shame. And the arc lacked a difinitive "boss battle" and closure.

I overall liked the idea, but the execution could have been a lot better.

Now onwards to Legion Quest, which I have higher hopes for.

Incredible Member

Still on the War of the Realms omnibus. I have read the event series, the Thor issues included here and some of the other tie-ins. The Punisher mini was cool, for example. That being said, I think I'm through about one-third of the omnibus and while there may be some tie-ins that are cool, I just cannot see myself slogging through another 1,000 pages of tie-ins. I think I will leave it and finish up Aaron's Thor run with the King Thor mini. If they had released an OHC with just the event and the Thor issues (or maybe combined with Thor OHC 4, it would have been perfectly fine.

I had the same issue with the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. The build-up was very cool with Silver Surfer and Thanos Quest, but after the miniseries concluded, the rest just wasn't as engaging anymore. All in all glad I read the event mini but not a fan of event omnis. I'll try one of those DC event omnis soon to see if they map them out better. But there may actually be no good way to do this. Having tie-ins placed after the main event makes them potentially less interesting because they don't contribute to the culmination of theevent. On the other hand, placing all tie-ins in between single event issues may completely kill the momentum...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Still on the War of the Realms omnibus. I have read the event series, the Thor issues included here and some of the other tie-ins. The Punisher mini was cool, for example. That being said, I think I'm through about one-third of the omnibus and while there may be some tie-ins that are cool, I just cannot see myself slogging through another 1,000 pages of tie-ins. I think I will leave it and finish up Aaron's Thor run with the King Thor mini. If they had released an OHC with just the event and the Thor issues (or maybe combined with Thor OHC 4, it would have been perfectly fine.

I had the same issue with the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. The build-up was very cool with Silver Surfer and Thanos Quest, but after the miniseries concluded, the rest just wasn't as engaging anymore. All in all glad I read the event mini but not a fan of event omnis. I'll try one of those DC event omnis soon to see if they map them out better. But there may actually be no good way to do this. Having tie-ins placed after the main event makes them potentially less interesting because they don't contribute to the culmination of theevent. On the other hand, placing all tie-ins in between single event issues may completely kill the momentum...
    The WotR Omnibus is waiting for me. I'll probably get to it in a month or so if not sooner.

I read events placing all tie-ins in between. That's how I read Acts of Vengeance (both Omnis), Infinity Gauntlet, Shadowland, WWH, AvX, Spider-Verse, Civil War II, Secret Empire, amongst others. I agree, this kills the momentum, but it's how I prefer it. I suppose it does keep me interested in the "lesser" tie-ins. One thing I may start doing is once I'm done with reading everything is to read the event itself once again afterwards.

Started on the first Thor by Jurgens Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Working my way through Byrne’s WONDER WOMAN. Enjoyable.

Next up will be Weird Western Jonah Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Working my way through Byrne’s WONDER WOMAN. Enjoyable.

Next up will be Weird Western Jonah Hex.
    I wasn't that big on his WW run. I've only read it once though, so I should really see if it reads better second time around, especially as I've read a bit more WW in general since.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

Finally getting a chance to read the full Infinity Guantlet Omnibus. Once I finish that I will have the greatest reading experience through January when all my mutant books are ordered and arrive - starting with Uncanny X Men 2, Excalibur, Uncanny X Men 3, New Mutants, X-Men Claremont Lee 1. It's like Christmas for months!

New Gods by Jack Kirby. I love the bombasticity of it. .

After that, Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Steranko.

Spectacular Member

John Ostrander's Suicide Squad Vol. 1. Pretty good stuff, and holds up pretty well so far, I think.

Mighty Member

Doomsday Clock. It's more formally interesting than fun/good, but it's certainly keeping my attention. After that's done, I'll read ASM v9 (Sins Rising), then move back to one of my bigger projects (Aaron's Thor, Fraction's Iron Man, or Dini's Batman).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    John Ostrander's Suicide Squad Vol. 1. Pretty good stuff, and holds up pretty well so far, I think.
    Best version ever of Suicide Squad.

Spectacular Member

Just finished reading the first Brubaker Cap omni. Thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a couple of scenes in there that had my eyes watering. I couldn’t help but compare and contrast it to the Death and Return of Superman omnibus. One felt like it was completely manufactured and bloated while the other was organic and paid off extremely well. I am a huge Superman fan and I wasn’t a Cap fan. This omnibus has given me a new respect for the character. A thoroughly decent man and real patriot which gave the book even more meaning when you look at real life and how our politicians are so lacking in these traits. I can’t wait to read the rest of Brubaker’s run. I’ll go back to Waid’s run as well and hopefully Gruenwald gets an omni because I need more Cap after this.