Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 458591929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1444
  1. #1411
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I finishedSeven Soldiers omni, good read overall. The first 2/3rds were really great, loved the pacing and the writing, a few twists that I didn't see coming. But I thought it went downhill for the last-third, especially the Mr Miracle story was a step down from the rest. Still glad I picked it up and I'll revisit it someday I'm sure.

    Now I'm about 400 pages into the beast-of-a-book Death and Return of Superman omni. Good stuff so far, I only read a few of these issues when they came out originally. Excited to see where it goes (besides the obvious).

  2. #1412
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Currently reading The Avengers V4 Omnibus. Over the last two days I read The Avengers 89-97.

    Now at age 47, I have finally read the Kree/Skrull war after having heard about it for 37 years or so. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and loved the art by Adams and the Buscema brothers. I consider the time period when this came out to be Marvel’s Golden Age...something about 70s Marvel seems to be what I like best from them. Looking forward to reading the rest of the book this week.

  3. #1413
    Spectacular Member Fromper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Currently reading The Avengers V4 Omnibus. Over the last two days I read The Avengers 89-97.

    Now at age 47, I have finally read the Kree/Skrull war after having heard about it for 37 years or so. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and loved the art by Adams and the Buscema brothers. I consider the time period when this came out to be Marvel’s Golden Age...something about 70s Marvel seems to be what I like best from them. Looking forward to reading the rest of the book this week.
    One of these days, I'd like to read all those classic Marvel stories. I'm mostly a DC guy, with most of my collection being post-Crisis through around 2001. There are characters from Marvel that I've liked, but never got around to reading much of their comics. And especially now that I'm a huge fan of the MCU movies, I'd like to read more of the comics that inspired those movies.

  4. #1414
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Have about 4 marvel books left after getting rid of loads (all the whales too) but for some reason I got the brubaker daredevil reprints again, cracked open vol one today, man, is that some good stuff, itís rekindled my interest in DD again, are the mark waid omniís Worth getting?

  5. #1415
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Have about 4 marvel books left after getting rid of loads (all the whales too) but for some reason I got the brubaker daredevil reprints again, cracked open vol one today, man, is that some good stuff, it’s rekindled my interest in DD again, are the mark waid omni’s Worth getting?
    I've enjoyed them initially but when I've attempted a reread of the issues I've already read and finishing the whole run (after the last ohc came out) I got bored with it halfway through and sold it.
    Bendis' and Brubaker's run were so binge worthy, couldn't put them down, but Waid writes more episodic superhero stories, very different tone and art too. And when you get a lesser artist (so not Rivera or Marcos) the enjoyment dropped a few steps further for me.

    Soule's run had good points but some of it was just silly and the ending felt rushed and was kind of bs.

    I would just stop after Brubaker.

  6. #1416
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've enjoyed them initially but when I've attempted a reread of the issues I've already read and finishing the whole run (after the last ohc came out) I got bored with it halfway through and sold it.
    Bendis' and Brubaker's run were so binge worthy, couldn't put them down, but Waid writes more episodic superhero stories, very different tone and art too. And when you get a lesser artist (so not Rivera or Marcos) the enjoyment dropped a few steps further for me.


    Soule's run had good points but some of it was just silly and the ending felt rushed and was kind of bs.

    I would just stop after Brubaker.
    Oh well, saves me some money

  7. #1417
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Finished reading Action Comics #1000 Deluxe OHC.

  8. #1418
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    I reread Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Volume 1 in anticipation for Volume 2. Now I'm about half way through Volume 2. I haven't read these issues since they were originally published so it's quite a different experience reading them all in one go.

    Before GM's Batman, I read the Amazing Spider-man Omnibus Volume 4. It awesome having so many issues of ASM in Omnibus format. I really hope Marvel continues with Volume 5 and 6 and so on at least until they hit Roger Stern's run.

  9. #1419
    Incredible Member Ying Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Finished Tales of the Batman - Gene Colan, Vol 1 the other night and now about halfway through Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis, Vol 1.

    Some of the best artwork ever on Batbooks right here along with some truly cringeworthy dialogue. I totally forgot how different Bruce was portrayed back then

  10. #1420
    DC Enthusiast Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've enjoyed them initially but when I've attempted a reread of the issues I've already read and finishing the whole run (after the last ohc came out) I got bored with it halfway through and sold it.
    Bendis' and Brubaker's run were so binge worthy, couldn't put them down, but Waid writes more episodic superhero stories, very different tone and art too. And when you get a lesser artist (so not Rivera or Marcos) the enjoyment dropped a few steps further for me.

    Soule's run had good points but some of it was just silly and the ending felt rushed and was kind of bs.

    I would just stop after Brubaker.
    I think Waid's run starts off great, it was a much needed change of tone. He loses it and I think must have been having personal or legal trouble. I'd recommend the first couple OHC's though.

  11. #1421
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    I just finished reading Usagi Yojimbo Volume 30 - Thieves and Spies.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review


    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  12. #1422
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I am reading a short one - Flags of our Fathers. It's a young Captain America and (the original?) Black Panther fighting Red Skull and a host of nazis in WW2. Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos are in there as well. Story is really good but the art could be better, in my opinion.

  13. #1423
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Currently reading Blacksad in a Dutch complete oversized edition (think European album size).

    This stuff is really great. Very engaging noir crime stories and awesome artwork.

  14. #1424
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Just finished the Mutant Massacre Omnibus. Now on to Hulk by Loeb & McGuiness Omnibus...I saw this one get mixed reviews, so I am hoping I like it!

  15. #1425
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Just finished the Mutant Massacre Omnibus. Now on to Hulk by Loeb & McGuiness Omnibus...I saw this one get mixed reviews, so I am hoping I like it!
    I'm still on the fence regarding purchasing this one. Therefore, your opinion will be much appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •