Page 95 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3287

I just finished reading Usagi Yojimbo Volume 30 - Thieves and Spies.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am reading a short one - Flags of our Fathers. It's a young Captain America and (the original?) Black Panther fighting Red Skull and a host of nazis in WW2. Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos are in there as well. Story is really good but the art could be better, in my opinion.

Incredible Member

Currently reading Blacksad in a Dutch complete oversized edition (think European album size).

This stuff is really great. Very engaging noir crime stories and awesome artwork.

Just finished the Mutant Massacre Omnibus. Now on to Hulk by Loeb & McGuiness Omnibus...I saw this one get mixed reviews, so I am hoping I like it!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Just finished the Mutant Massacre Omnibus. Now on to Hulk by Loeb & McGuiness Omnibus...I saw this one get mixed reviews, so I am hoping I like it!
    I'm still on the fence regarding purchasing this one. Therefore, your opinion will be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm still on the fence regarding purchasing this one. Therefore, your opinion will be much appreciated.
    Only 6 issues in...very meh so far. Basically just a lot of battle scenes and no real depth to the story. Hoping it picks up!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

This week I read Volume 2 of Batman The Golden Age Omnibus, which collects Detective Comics #57-74, Batman #8-15 and World's Finest Comics #4-9.

Batman doesn't kill anyone in the entire book! Robin seems to get hit over the head and knocked out by a villain in nearly every story. The art gets stronger towards the end of the book, and there are many beautiful splash pages. I was afraid these Golden Age stories would be tough to get through, but I enjoyed reading them and they flowed nicely for me since they are only 13 pages per story. I'm hoping to read volumes 3-7 before the end of Summer.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just finished the first two OHC Thor books by Jason Aaron. I read them last year and they hold up just fine. I ordered the rest of the Jane Foster Saga because I am so excited about Marvel Phase 4.

I am also reading "X-Men Grand Design" by Ed Piskor. This book reads like X-Men 138, The Untold Legend of Batman, Grant Morrison's Batman, Marvels, or Action Comics 500. It is one of those single issue comic stories that perfectly summarizes every moment in a long standing comic book character's history. Every era counts and it all fits!

There is a great picture of the artist with a "Do the Right Thing" necklace. In the background of the artist, is a complete black and white collection of the E.C. Comics library.

I can't recommend enough!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 07-26-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just finished the first two OHC Thor books by Jason Aaron. I read them last year and they hold up just fine. I ordered the rest of the Jane Foster Saga because I am so excited about Marvel Phase 4.
    !
    I recently finished reading the first 25 issues of Aaron's Thor as well as the 5-issue Original Sin: Thor & Loki Ten Realms. I'm not a big fan of Thor's but it's a very good solid read and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Aaron has created and weaved quite the epic tale. I'm very confident that his Thor run will eventually find itself in two or three Omnibuses.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am reading the Kirby run right now and Aaron's run does a nice job of referencing a little bit of every era and the art is uniformly good. It really reminded me of reading the old Conan comic. The book goes cosmic and plays with Time Travel. It was super fun. I hope the next 3 Jane Foster volumes are as good. They include the Unworthy Thor but I don't think they have any Original Sin books?

I'm currently reading the Fatale Deluxe Edition Volume One.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I'm reading the DC Showcase Weird War tales volume 1 and the art is very believable for being War related also the black and white enhances the artwork of Joe Kubert and the other artists. Such a pity that this line of books is cancelled as I am sure that if it continued it would have found a lot more fans of their work.
    Hail Hydra!

I've started reading Shazam: The New Beginnings Deluxe OHC.

Currently reading the Spider-Man Origin of the Hobgoblin TPB:

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Or...s%2C199&sr=8-1

Enjoying the classic stories so far!

Mighty Member

I just finished Greg Pak's run on Totally Awesome Hulk. World War Hulk II was a bit of a let down both as a finale to his run and as something of a spiritual sequel to the original WWH, but the run on the whole was quite enjoyable.

I just started Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez. Two issues in, and it's solid. Absolutely gorgeous art, unsurprisingly.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm