Page 109 of 220 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3286

Reading these at the moment:

Y The Last Man Deluxe Vol. 5
    Spider-Man Back in Black OHC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I believe a compilation.
    Thank you. The Amzon description made it sound like at least some new material

Reading X-Cutioner's Song and the recent Shattershot OHC. Then might do a quick Fatal Attractions re-read (or skim) and jump into the Wedding of Cyclops & Jean Grey OHC (which I don't believe I've read before in collected format).

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I see there's Powers: the Best Ever GN coming out, is that a reprint or a brand new story?
    It collects issues 7 and 8 from volume 4 that previously came out, and then it completes the story. That has never been published before.

Hoping for a definitive volume 8 hardcover that collects all of Powers Volume 4
    Last edited by FreakyFraser; 02-07-2020 at 01:53 PM.

I'm reading the Daredevil omnibus volume 1 and found an interesting fact in the first few pages Matt Murdock is 78 years old! Yes one of the panels says that he was 8 in 1950 pretty good for a pensioner still able to dodge bullets and things.
    Hail Hydra!

about 4 issues into tempest and I’m having to force myself to finish it, I keep telling myself ‘this is the end of it’ but by god it’s crap

Edit. I didn’t finish it
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 02-07-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    about 4 issues into tempest and I’m having to force myself to finish it, I keep telling myself ‘this is the end of it’ but by god it’s crap

Edit. I didn’t finish it
    It probably was my least favorite of all the LoEG volumes (I liked everything up till this). It's just very bitter (the articles at the beginning of every issue really set the mood) and there is just way too many pages paying homage to British comics I have zero clue about.
    Full pages done in the style of the Beano or Captain Clyde, or whatever those things are, screwing up the flow of the story and they just feel very self indulgent.

The ending of Tempest is good but the story pacing is strange.. sometimes everything happens at speedlight, sometimes nothing happen at all.
    I read it monthly and I hope with the collected edition the story flows better.

Finishing up the Darth Vader vol. 2 by Gillen then back to X-Men. Next up this week is the Shattershot omni, Fatal Attractions (I really wanna re-read the X-aminations issue of X-Factor), and the Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix.

Currently 1/3 of the way thru Justice League Detroit Omnibus...its a great fun read so far!

I recently read Spider-Man: Life Story by Chip Zdarsky......This seemed to get a lot of hype on the Spidey sub-forum here, but I thought it was kind of average. Not bad, just wasn't that great and I had to force myself to finish it.

Also read The 7 Deadly Sins by Tze Chun (TKO Studios)......I wasn't expecting much from this, but it was surprisingly good. Very ugly artwork, but a solid storyline. I'm usually not that into westerns (be it in film, TV, or comics), but this had me engaged and I had to finish it in one day.

Spectacular Member

Finished Tales of the Batman by Don Newton Vol 1 and Tales of the Batman by Gene Colan Vol 1. The Don Newton volume was a chore to get through as it was very dated and the stories were forgettable. The Gene Colan volume though was surprisingly good, especially considering this is late 70s to early 80s material. I was expecting more silly campiness. There was a bit of that but overall very entertaining especially the vampire storyline. Just started the Annihilation omnibus. It has been epic so far. Just finished up the Nova issues. Thrilling stuff. Definitely living up to the hype. Can't wait to finish it and continue on with Annihilation: Conquest, Road to War of Kings, War of Kings, and Aftermath to War of Kings.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Finished The Incredible Hulk V1 by Peter David. Read almost all of these as (or soon after) they came out in the 80s/90s.

Good stuff, and I was never a huge Hulk fan until PD’s run was in full swing.

Mighty Member

Just finished Annihilation: Conquest and on to GotG by Abnett and Lanning (omni including Thanos Imperative). After that, I'm not sure what to get to next. Maybe I'll finish the WW by Jimenez omni in preparation for getting the WW by Simone omni (I know they're not contiguous, but just to get in a WW mood).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Avengers vs X-Men
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”