Page 132 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3272

Legends of the Dark Knight by Matt Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Legends of the Dark Knight by Matt Wagner

How is it? Got any pics of it?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Where did you find it? And can you read it as a stand alone?
    I've started Hellblazer with the Ennis run and while he references a few things that happened before, they didn't detract from the experience. I think it's perfectly fine to read it as a standalone.
    Also personally, when I went back to read Delano's run, I didn't much care for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    BPRD Plague of Frogs HC 4. It finally happened, after 3 unproblematic HCs, this one crapped out on me Glued it last night so hopefully I can continue reading tonight after work.

Story's great though.
    Managed to repair the HC and finished it last night. Amazing series.

Tonight I plan to start on Hellboy Weird Tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    How is it? Got any pics of it?
    Stories I’ve enjoyed but it’s not oversized so very disappointed with that

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've started Hellblazer with the Ennis run and while he references a few things that happened before, they didn't detract from the experience. I think it's perfectly fine to read it as a standalone.
    Also personally, when I went back to read Delano's run, I didn't much care for it.
    Thanks. I'll pick it up.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I'm diving into DC's The New 52 (which I didn't read when it was originally released.......I've been more of a Marvel/Image/Darkhorse guy. With the exception of Batman of course lol)

So just finished:

- Absolute Flashpoint (I know this story from the animated feature. Slightly rushed, but I enjoyed this event book)

Next up:

- Absolute Justice League: Origins (it arrives Monday)

The following books are on my shelf waiting to be read after that:

- Wonder Woman Azzarello & Chiang Omni
    - Batman Snyder & Capullo Omni
    - Grayson Omni
    - Deathstroke Omni
    - Animal Man Lemire Omni
    - justice League Darkseid War Saga Omni

Let's see how this goes.......
    So my Absolute Justice League Origin was delayed in shipping but arrived a few days ago and has been read cover to cover. Even more than Flashpoint, this book felt rushed. Trying to get everything in that 1st 6 issue arc was just too much. On to some of the individual books where hopefully things can breathe a little.

Finished Axis and... I really don't get all the hate. I was thoroughly entertained throughout and liked how it switched focus a few times. My only gripes were the seemingly retcon of some important Marvel family ties (a major gripe actually, some major battles only being set up in the main arc to be resolved in tie-ins and a group of the most powerful mutants being too easily steamrolled by a handful of Avengers.

Incredible Member

Reading through Hellboy Weird Tales. Only the first two are in continuity / canon if you will and were written by Mignola. The rest is a mixed bag and of what I have read so far, nobody has really managed to capture Hellboy's voice.

Debating with myself whether to continue this book or leave it for later because I have actual Mignola books lined up in my Hellboy universe readthrough. Next up would be the Witchfinder omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Just started Eaglemoss Ed. DC Hard-Travelling Heroes (Green Arrow/Green Lantern). Originals were done before i was born, so to be able to pick this up CHEAP and check it out, is great for me.

I finally re-read Maximum Carnage, after 25 or so years. I liked it overall, in spite of too much Sal Buscema - though my main gripe reading it as a kid was still a major issue for me: the silly "secret weapon" created by the heroes near the end of the story and the way it was introduced. Nesrly ruined the entire story for me (again).

Incredible Member

Just started Mignola's Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder Omnibus 1. Starts out good, looking forward to reading more.

Incredible Member

So Witchfinder (first 3 arcs) was very good. Now on to Lobster Johnson before I head into more BPRD and Hellboy stuff.

Mighty Member

Just finished Bendis's whole (collected) run on Superman. It's pretty good - Jon being aged up that much to join the Legion is not a choice I love, but since DC is making Damian not the type of person Jon would hang out with anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.

Fast Forward next, then Dawn of X v1-6 (or 7 depending on when the next volume comes out). I look forward to seeing how the "chunk of X-comics" reads in trade.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

X-Men: Scarlet in Glory
    71TpCBbdI2L.jpg
    Some very nice Paul Smith art.