Page 158 of 220 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3286

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Trying my hand at the first Compendium of Fables
    I have the first few deluxe editions and I really want to go back and revisit this, but I always end up reading something else. Hope you enjoy it!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I finally got around to reading Bloom, beautiful. I always enjoy artwork that makes such good use of minimal colours.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Superman Unchained: about as forgettable as the first time I'd read it, with Jim Lee operating a notch or two below his best.

Supreme- Blue Rose: first time reading it since original publication. Love Lotay's art. It's a shame she doesn't do many interiors. The story is pretty good. This is the only Supreme I've ever read, though I'm familiar with Moore's story.

Astonishing Member

IDW Transformers. I love them. Because I lost track I started over and made myself notes. This time I read them every day so I won't lose track again, and now they make more sense to me. If you read something like that and take months off you forget things and its harder to understand everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    IDW Transformers. I love them. Because I lost track I started over and made myself notes. This time I read them every day so I won't lose track again, and now they make more sense to me. If you read something like that and take months off you forget things and its harder to understand everything.
    I have P1 and I remember loving it, but I can only actually remember minor details at this point. I'm planning to reread it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I finally got around to reading Bloom, beautiful. I always enjoy artwork that makes such good use of minimal colours.
    glad you liked it! There are so many good YA graphic novels out now with great art and Bloom is one of the best (not my favourite but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in the genre).

Spectacular Member

Finishing Howard Chaykin's American Flagg Definitive Collection Vol 1, and going right to Vol 2.
    Interesting to see what 2031 was supposed to look like, lol.

Astonishing Member

Finished all three volumes of Outpost Zero. The ending made me want more, but its over. Sales weren't good. Its a shame.

Currently reading Superman : Man of Steel vol. 9

At this point, I believe I can confidently say that the one thing I truly enjoyed 100% from these 9 volumes was the art. Astounding artwork from all involved.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

This arrived today, my volume 2 of the Super Friends collection.

I tried to get it through two different comic book stores (just like I did with vol 1) but neither returned my calls or emails. I ended up having to go through Amazon.

I finished Batman by Morrison vol. 2 and Batman by Dini omnis. The Morrison book was excellent, definitely the best Batman stories I've read in a long time. I was nearly cheering at a few points near the end, it's very satisfying.

The Dini book is good as well, kind of a nice break actually between issues of the other, mostly as a breather from the exciting Morrison arc. But Dini's book ends pretty weak, I thought, mainly because cause the Hush story arc had greatly "worn out its welcome" for me.

Now reading Promethea vol. 2 deluxe edition. Weird and fun with great art, I'm enjoying these books.

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading Incredible Hulk,Epic Collection Vol 14: Going Gray.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Rough Riders Complete Series. Not bad, reminiscent of LoEG. Pretty good art by Pat Oliffe.

Incredible Member

X-Men - The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC - Just started this as part of my 90s X-Men readathon. I really dreaded diving into the 90s after Claremont, but I have to say that so far, Nicieza is solid writer, as is Lobdell (I do have some exposure to their writing from Age of Apocalypse).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    X-Men - The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC - Just started this as part of my 90s X-Men readathon. I really dreaded diving into the 90s after Claremont, but I have to say that so far, Nicieza is solid writer, as is Lobdell (I do have some exposure to their writing from Age of Apocalypse).
    Yeah, well... it gets worse after that book. A lot worse.

Nicieza is okay, but Lobdell is probably one of the worst X-Men writers I have encountered.

Myself, I'm reading X-Men Fall of The Mutants (the Milestones edition, not the omnibus). After the pretty solid X-Men arch that opens the book, it switches to an absurd New Mutants storyline featuring some animal/human hybrid named "Bird Brain". Yeah. If I hadn't read it myself, I wouldn't believe it. Thank you for that little gem, Louise Simonsen...