Shang-Chi: the Hellfire Apocalypse- don't know why this was in the MAX imprint, there wasn't any need for an 'R' rating. Anyway, this is the first solo Shang book I've read. I do have the first Moench omnibus but haven't read it yet. This mini was pretty good. Solid mix of espionage, mysticism, and kung-fu. 9/10.

Sex Criminals OHC v3- Great conclusion to a great book. I think the bad guy plot ended up being a bit whack, but this book was always more about the character relationships anyway. And on that front, it succeeds. 10/10.

Britannia HC- not Valiant's usual oeuvre, and I've never really warmed to Milligan as a writer. Didn't finish Shade and just didn't like his Hellblazer. But despite a somewhat rough first mini, the next two minis collected here are good, if not great. Roman Detective in the time of Nero, with some supernatural stuff thrown in. Ryp's art reminded me of Gary Frank's 'crazy eyes' characters, only more so. 7/10.

Spider-Man: Spirits of the Earth- fantastic art, decent story. Spidey & MJ in Scotland. 7/10.