Page 198 of 220 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3288

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did that book just call Magneto juicy? lol!

Naw, I know it means "Trial" or "Judgement" but it was just funny to see Juicy magneto in his purple costume.
    They’re saying he’s juiced up. Like on steroids. Look at those guns!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Very cool! I'm on Uncanny X-Men 168 (From the Ashes collection)
    Great storyarc! I've it in an Essential TPB (the one I posted is hardcover, full color). Claremont/Smith Uncanny X-Men is some of my favorite stuff from that era. And that Smith is followed by Romita Jr just make it even better! Their styles go well back to back

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did that book just call Magneto juicy? lol!

Naw, I know it means "Trial" or "Judgement" but it was just funny to see Juicy magneto in his purple costume.
    Haha, given some of the spanish translations, there's plenty of fun material inside this book

I just read Uncanny X-Men 195, which I also have in a french magazine, and I discovered that the french edition cut some panels. The reason escapes me, as it wasn't nothing out of the ordinary. I guess it was to save some space but this magazine has plenty of articles and two other comicbooks that, as far as I know, are collected unabridged. So, I wonder why didn't they shorten some of the material instead of cutting the issue. Anyways, the point is, today is the first day I actually read UXM #195 whole.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

It's a bit slow going, but I'm only a couple of issues in. It's just not grabbing me like the previous volumes.

I have my very first Absolute Edition - Superman For Tomorrow - so I'm reading through that. And also the X-Factor by Peter David Omnibus Volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They’re saying he’s juiced up. Like on steroids. Look at those guns!
    Yes, his guns and pecs are large!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Haha, given some of the spanish translations, there's plenty of fun material inside this book

I just read Uncanny X-Men 195, which I also have in a french magazine, and I discovered that the french edition cut some panels. The reason escapes me, as it wasn't nothing out of the ordinary. I guess it was to save some space but this magazine has plenty of articles and two other comicbooks that, as far as I know, are collected unabridged. So, I wonder why didn't they shorten some of the material instead of cutting the issue. Anyways, the point is, today is the first day I actually read UXM #195 whole.
    Yes, I have heard before that some non-American, non-English comics sometimes have a panel or two removed.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Batman and Robin omnibus

House
    Of
    M
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Just got the Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel trade. Can't wait to read new adventures of Rick and Genny, and it'll help with the wait for the omni later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Contest of Champions to Metal to Secret Wars. Lots of multi-universal threats going on in my reading list. Contest of Champions was a big surprise and reads better than it did 30 years ago.

I'm reading "Friday Book Two: On a Cold Winter's night" by Ed Brubaker and Marcos Martin.

The Defenders Epic Vol I.

Son
    Of
    M
    !

Secret Wars, by Hickman and Ribic. I read it a couple years ago, when Marvel gave it away digitally, but I found a print copy second hand a few days back and purchased it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol 1.