Page 77 of 220 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3296
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Hmmmm, that seems to be what I have. I'm confused. I have the Winterworld HC with Wintersea added on. I definitely remember finding the parents.
    spoilers:
    They didn't find her parents in the Winterworld HC but they did find her grandfather.
    end of spoilers

The Winterworld HC with Wintersea is in black & white and has this cover:

Collects Winterworld (1984 Eclipse) #1-3 plus previously unpublished material. Written by Chuck Dixon. Art and cover by Jorge Zaffino. Dixon & Zaffino's long out-of-print classic is finally collected! In a bleak and desolate future, when our world has been encased in ice from pole to pole, an amoral adventurer and an orphaned girl form an unlikely alliance-and together fight tooth and nail to stay alive. This features the stunning, groundbreaking artwork of Jorge Zaffino. As a special bonus, this hardcover also collects the never-before-published sequel, Wintersea! Hardcover, 150 pages, B&W. Cover price $19.99.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Slott & Allred's Silver Surfer Omnibus....It is so much fun! I have been having some long tough days at work recently, so coming home and being able to sit down with this book has really lifted my spirit. It is a delight!
    This is why I am considering buying it.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Same for me. So many good things are being said about this Omni, that I may make it one of my rare blind buys.

Still hoping for a reprint of the Lee/Buscema Surfer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    spoilers:
    They didn't find her parents in the Winterworld HC but they did find her grandfather.
    end of spoilers

The Winterworld HC with Wintersea is in black & white and has this cover:

Collects Winterworld (1984 Eclipse) #1-3 plus previously unpublished material. Written by Chuck Dixon. Art and cover by Jorge Zaffino. Dixon & Zaffino's long out-of-print classic is finally collected! In a bleak and desolate future, when our world has been encased in ice from pole to pole, an amoral adventurer and an orphaned girl form an unlikely alliance-and together fight tooth and nail to stay alive. This features the stunning, groundbreaking artwork of Jorge Zaffino. As a special bonus, this hardcover also collects the never-before-published sequel, Wintersea! Hardcover, 150 pages, B&W. Cover price $19.99.
    So, I half remember my reading it then haha Thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Same for me. So many good things are being said about this Omni, that I may make it one of my rare blind buys.

I can see this going OOP fairly quickly in the style of Miles Morales Spider-Man Omnibus and Avengers Hickman Vol. 1 Omnibus.

It's highly praised and I often see it in the Advanced Reordered Comics list - this shows which comics are reordered by comicshops due to there being a demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    So, I half remember my reading it then haha Thanks!
    No worries.

I've started reading the Winterworld Better Angels/Colder Hearts TPB, and I'm very much enjoying it. I'm on the second arc "The Stranded" which is drawn by Tomas Giorello. Very decent art. The first arc "La Nina" was beautifully drawn by Butch Guice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

It’s great. Highly recommend it. It’s a fun read. I too really want the Lee/Buscema one.

I finished reading the Winterworld Better Angels/Colder Hearts TPB written by Chuck Dixon. It started off extremely strong with the Butch Guice drawn arc "La Nina" followed by the pretty good "The Stranded" story drawn by Tomas Giorello. Following that was the one-shot "Wynn's Story" which was not bad, art duties by Tommy Lee Edwards. The last 3-part story "Frozen Fleet" was a bit of a letdown. I disliked the "lazy" art by Esteve Polls and the story didn't seem to make sense. It also finished on a cliffhanger which was a bit of a downer as there are no further WinterWorld stories. It would seem that the series was cut short for some reason or another (low sales?..) and so IDW decided to put everything they had in one TPB. It's definitely a high quality TPB, physically. All the Variant covers are in the back. The colours by Diego Rodriguez throughout the run/series are beautiful. Overall pretty good, strong start but a weaker finish. Let's hope Chuck Dixon writes some more and produces some sort of satisfactory finish.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm reading Voltron Legendary Defender vol.1 TPB
    I'm on S8 of the show and I'm finding two issues in that the creative team has done a good job of capturing the characters and universe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Spent the last week slowly reading Conan the Barbarian Marvel Years Omnibus.

I really liked Conan in the 80s as a pre-teen/teen, but had never read the stories in this volume until this read.

I was surprised early on at how Barry's art wasn't all that great at first, but by the end of his run the art got MUCH better. However, John Buscema is my favorite 60s and 70s artist, and he did the last two issues in this volume, so I can't wait for the second volume this summer.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 02-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Ive finally cracked open my Absolute Preacher volumes. The books themselves are beautiful, but some of the art suffers artifacts from being upscaled...

I've started reading Tarzan: Burne Hogarth's Lord of the Jungle HC. It's a beautiful oversized deluxe hardcover and the reproduction is top notch. Lovely to hold and look at. The original Edgar Rice Burroughs text is in the main part reproduced and there are no word balloons but the art is extremely "lush" and dynamic. It's quite a "meaty" but enjoyable read. I highly recommend it to any Tarzan and/or Burne Hogarth fan.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was unfamiliar with Hogarth but have now ordered the Tarzan volume after checking it out.

Just finished Silver Surfer by Slott & Allred.

Honestly, It was one of the best stories I have ever read. So emotional!

I've read the first four issues in Wonder Woman by George Perez omni 1, man this art is incredible! I love the paper in this also, and the colors are really soft and understated at times. Very pleasant on the eyes. Great omni so far, can't wait to keep reading.

Also, is the New Teen Titans by Wolfman/Perez omni volumes good as well? Feel like I should pick those up while I can.