Page 78 of 219 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3272

Bought the Walt Simonson Orion Omnibus but I'm going back and reading Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus before I start it. Every time I read through it I have a different favorite part. I used to like New Gods the best, then I liked Forever People and now the Jimmy Olsen issues may be my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I've read the first four issues in Wonder Woman by George Perez omni 1, man this art is incredible! I love the paper in this also, and the colors are really soft and understated at times. Very pleasant on the eyes. Great omni so far, can't wait to keep reading.

Also, is the New Teen Titans by Wolfman/Perez omni volumes good as well? Feel like I should pick those up while I can.
    It's beautiful for sure! I really want the other two
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    It's beautiful for sure! I really want the other two
    I have vol. 3 cause I got a deal on it, just need to grab vol. 2 sometime. Enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Bendis's New Avengers Omnibus, Grant Morrison's Batman omnibus, along with the commentary "The Anatomy of Zur-en-Arrh: Understanding Grant Morrison's Batman"
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading Tarzan: Burne Hogarth's Lord of the Jungle OHC. A beautiful book and a good read. Very nice art indeed. The second part of the book is in black and white and only highlights how good the art is.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    "The Anatomy of Zur-en-Arrh: Understanding Grant Morrison's Batman"
    Where can this be found? Is it in the first Morrison Bats Omni? I don’t remember seeing that.

It's a separate book by an independent author. See here.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    It's a separate book by an independent author. See here.
    Thank you.

God Country tpb: Solid well written six issue one and done Donnie Cates story about an elder man with Alzheimer's who comes into possession of a mystical sword that cures him and has to battle the Gods that want it back and protect his family. No complaints for a six issue story.

Black Hammer Library Edition v1: I've heard a lot of praise for this one over the last couple of years and have to say I agree. I enjoyed all of this, a lot. The only con is going to be having to wait for more of it. I want more, and I want it now! Also have to add, you just can't beat the quality to value ratio of a Dark Horse Library Edition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    God Country tpb: Solid well written six issue one and done Donnie Cates story about an elder man with Alzheimer's who comes into possession of a mystical sword that cures him and has to battle the Gods that want it back and protect his family. No complaints for a six issue story.

Black Hammer Library Edition v1: I've heard a lot of praise for this one over the last couple of years and have to say I agree. I enjoyed all of this, a lot. The only con is going to be having to wait for more of it. I want more, and I want it now! Also have to add, you just can't beat the quality to value ratio of a Dark Horse Library Edition.
    There is a third trade(reading it now) and there is also 2 trades that are tied to the Black Hammer universe. Sherlock Frankenstein (which was good) and Doctor Star (haven’t read it). Not sure if (or when) the related books would get the deluxe book treatment.

Incredible Member

Finished the Knightfall saga and read Absolute Kingdom Come and Metabarons Genesis: Castaka over the weekend. Kingdom Come really deserves teh praise it gets. As for Castaka... more Jodorowsky craziness

Will start on Alan Moore's Nemo trilogy tonight.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started reading The Vision OHC by Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    There is a third trade(reading it now) and there is also 2 trades that are tied to the Black Hammer universe. Sherlock Frankenstein (which was good) and Doctor Star (haven’t read it). Not sure if (or when) the related books would get the deluxe book treatment.
    I'm going to try to wait for the next LE as I try not to double dip on stuff, but this one could be difficult. I could see me breaking that rule. I had no idea about the two tie in books. I hope they get the LE treatment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've started reading The Vision OHC by Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta.
    This is one of those books that I love hearing people's opinions on after they read, I hope you share when you've finished. I know many love it, myself included, others not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    This is one of those books that I love hearing people's opinions on after they read, I hope you share when you've finished. I know many love it, myself included, others not so much.
    As a kid in the 80s I really liked the Vision, so I heard how good this was and decided to buy it.

I found it an enjoyable read, but didn’t think it was as good as I was hoping it to be going in. Other than a few Batman issues, I hadn’t read Tom King before, so not sure if this was a good sample of his work.