Page 172 of 219 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3277

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Can anyone get me up to speed regarding Osborne and Elektra and whatever more I need to know?
    Secret Invasion saw Skrulls having infiltraded earth, with several key figures turning out to be a Skrull imposter. One of those imposters, who was killed, was Elektra (who was at the time leading The Hand). After the Skrulls were defeated, Norman Osborn was made a hero - and was put in charge of SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Secret Invasion saw Skrulls having infiltraded earth, with several key figures turning out to be a Skrull imposter. One of those imposters, who was killed, was Elektra (who was at the time leading The Hand). After the Skrulls were defeated, Norman Osborn was made a hero - and was put in charge of SHIELD.
    Thanks. Can you read the secret invasion omnibus as a stand alone? Or do you need more?

Incredible Member

Superman- the City of Tomorrow v1-2: some good issues (Loeb), mostly forgettable stuff though. Fave issue was the detective issue with Batman and Superman trying to track down the missing Lois.

The Escapists: fantastic under-the-radar BKV mini. Really liked it. (a re-read)

Superman- Up in the Sky: best Superman story since All Star Superman.

Cable and X-Force v1-3: I didn't grow up with the New Mutants kids so I wasn't really into their grown-up selves. Did mostly enjoy the Loeb/Churchill Cable issues though.

Incredible Member

Thanks. Can you read the secret invasion omnibus as a stand alone? Or do you need more?
    You need to have read the first Bendis NA omni as there's a lot of character stuff (Civil War) that's reflected in SI.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    You need to have read the first Bendis NA omni as there's a lot of character stuff (Civil War) that's reflected in SI.
    Pfff. I'll skip that. It's becoming too much.

Red Sonja Vol 1 : Queen of Plagues by Gail Simone

Amazing Member

Picked up OOP War of Kings Omni for way too much on Ebay. Since Marvel seems to announce new reprints weekly I am racing to get that read and re-sell before it loses value from a reprint. Finished Annihilation Conquest Omni, halfway through Road to War of Kings Omni and then will hit War of Kings Omni.

Incredible Member

X-Men: The Magneto War TPB

I'm currently reading Something Is Killing The Children Volume 1 by James Tynion IV.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

uhh, I didn't realize but I've read a few books lately:

Nothing can possibly go wrong: lighthearted teen comedy about the robotics team and the cheerleaders having to team up. Some life issues play in as well. A fun romp, really enjoyed it. Faith Erin Hicks' art is very nice.

All Summer long: coming of age story that takes place during a summer. There is a sequel out and a 3rd volume coming and I believe the main character will form an all girls rock band, so looking forward to it. Art was a bit raw but I got used to it.

Seance Tea Party: Pre teen girl who is afraid to grow up meets a ghost girl. It took me a bit to get into it but it's a good middle grade GN, colourfull, storybook like art and a lovely, emotional ending.

The carpet merchant of Konstantiniyya vol1: a very chunky hardcover (originally a webcomic) from the same author as Seance Tea Party (Reimina Yee) about a carpet merchant who eventually gets turned into a vampire.
    The vampire part is only the last third of the book, it's mostly about the main character's life and how he met his wife. I wouldn't say it blew me away but I can tell it's a story crafted with great care and I will definitely check out the next volume.

The okay witch: 13 year old girl discovers that she comes from a line of witches but her mom stopped practicing magic. They also live in a town built on the history of witch hunts. A fun middle grade story, good cartoony art and interesting ideas. It is a kids' book but I still had a lot of fun with it and even tho the execution sometimes wasn't my cuppa (not the art, just the way things unfolded) I would definitely recommend this to younger readers.

Grimoire noir: small town missing person mystery (the main character's sister went missing), but every woman in town is a witch.
    Very interesting set up, the art looks lovely and if they ever do a sequel I'm absolutely interested. However, the main character, his design, his family were just...so boring! The main kid is this default white kid doing a Humphrey Bogart cosplay, his dad is the square jawed sheriff of the town, mom just cries all the time (although that's a major, and pretty fun plot point). All the other characters are so much more interesting, both personality wise and visually, and we have to stick with this plain dough kid called Bucky...ugh.
    Maybe if they changed his design up a bit, make him look more like a normal kid (I get it, the book is called a noir, he is wearing a trench coat, but you can still do noir without that).
    Still, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to people. The hc looks lovely and it's going for cheap right now and no one is talking about this book...like ever.

Heartstopper v1-3
    : Two high school boys falling in love. One is out gay the other is still figuring it out. It was a webcomic originally, the art is kinda sketchy but it works. It's fluff but as it goes on it gets into more serious topics.
    Very cute and an engaging read, gonna get vol4 very soon.

SFSX v1: Dystopian society that's all about purity, where underground sex workers are the resistance. Super R rater NSFW but a fun story about the importance of being able to live your life, with your weird kinks included. I'm curious where vol2 will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    uhh, I didn't realize but I've read a few books lately:

Grimoire noir: small town missing person mystery (the main character's sister went missing), but every woman in town is a witch.
    Very interesting set up, the art looks lovely and if they ever do a sequel I'm absolutely interested. However, the main character, his design, his family were just...so boring! The main kid is this default white kid doing a Humphrey Bogart cosplay, his dad is the square jawed sheriff of the town, mom just cries all the time (although that's a major, and pretty fun plot point). All the other characters are so much more interesting, both personality wise and visually, and we have to stick with this plain dough kid called Bucky...ugh.
    Maybe if they changed his design up a bit, make him look more like a normal kid (I get it, the book is called a noir, he is wearing a trench coat, but you can still do noir without that).
    Still, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to people. The hc looks lovely and it's going for cheap right now and no one is talking about this book...like ever.
    I bought this for my daughter. Haven't read it myself yet. She liked it a lot.

I bought this for my daughter. Haven't read it myself yet. She liked it a lot.
    can I ask how old is she? I'm just curious cause I often mention that some books are good for kids but I don't actually know if I'm right

can I ask how old is she? I'm just curious cause I often mention that some books are good for kids but I don't actually know if I'm right
    She is almost 14.

Yeah I would've guessed it's perfect for a 13-16 year old (wish I had GNs like this when I was that age).

Yeah I would've guessed it's perfect for a 13-16 year old (wish I had GNs like this when I was that age).
    It is. I read Dutch comics at that age. And translated Marvel and DC.