Page 135 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3284

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I did, yeah. Fascinating - I wasn't even aware that there were two versions. And mine, which has far more material, is even the cheaper of the two. Weird. The quality is excellent, really great paper - though there are some issues with several speech bubbles in my copy. Don't know if that issue is a one-off or not.
    The UK Panini versions are always (or almost always) cheaper than the US versions, as they are produced here in the UK. I have a couple of TPBs from them, including the original Secret Wars.

The only downside (which isn't really a downside) is that the Panini catalog is quite limited to just the main events/ crossovers.

Amazing Member

Finishing off Spider Man vs Venom Omnibus (Maximum Carnage for the first time) then should be ready to dive in to Amazing Spider Man Vol 1 Omnibus when it arrives!

Currently reading the Infinity War Omnibus, honestly I just can't get into it and the way they have the issues just annoys me. I don't have many Omnibus but this is the first I regret buying.

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron's Thor run now. Ran from the start through Secret Wars in the last two days. Will take a little break to read Iron Man: Extremis (never read it before somehow), then back to Thor.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Jason Aaron's Thor run now. Ran from the start through Secret Wars in the last two days. Will take a little break to read Iron Man: Extremis (never read it before somehow), then back to Thor.
    Wow you're fast! But I remember reading through it rather quickly as well. Great run. Just ordered the fourth HC and the King Thor TPB, all I need then is the War of the Realms Omnibus to finish it.

Incredible Member

Sandman Omnibus Volume 3 (about halfway through).

Great to revisit the Sandman universe.

Spectacular Member

Just finished Batman Noir Eduardo Risso Deluxe Ed. About to start X-Men Asgardian Wars

I've recently read Pulp by Brubaker and Phillips. I always enjoy their stuff and Pulp was another book I liked.

I've just had a re-read of The Black Beetle: No Way Out and I'm now re-reading The Black Beetle: Kara Bocek. So quite a bit of "pulp" reading recently!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Talking of pulp, I just finished reading The Shadow: Year One by Matt Wagner and Wilfrefo Torres. Okay, not blown over by it.

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading The Incredible Hulk by Peter David.Volume:1 Omnibus.

Amazing Member

I recently finished that myself and I have to say it was rather a slog at times and I can’t say I enjoyed most of it.

BANNED

Alpha Flight Classic vol 1-3.

Never read the complete run before. It was pretty good actually and different from most team books I've read. If you can even call it a team book seeing how the team almost never comes together during Byrne.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Finished SUPERMAN/BATMAN: Saga of the Super Sons.
    Decent stories and art with very bad dialogue.

SuperSons.jpg

Astonishing Member

I finished The Incredible Hulk by Peter David.Volume:1 Omnibus.
    The stories collected here were mostly re-readings to me,as Incredible Hulk was a comic book i was collecting way back when those stories were published.
    As when i read those stories way back this re-reading was equally enjoayble.Cool that Peter David run in the Hulk comic book is being collected in chronological order in Omnibuses,because i have still not read some of the stories writen by him.I read just up to the Hulk stories illustrated by Gary Frank way back.
    The first volume have a interesting change of art styles from the stories illustrated by Todd McFarlane that already in the first stories he illustrated had some very cool art style to Jeff Purves that had a art style that did not impress me much way back but a artist i think now was all right for the stories of the Gray Hulk.
    I think the last stories of Purves collected in this Omnibus are much better that the first Purves stories of this Omnibus.

Sailor moon eternal edition v2: The first half was just kind of spinning it's wheels (although it had some important backstory reveals) but the second half wrapped up the first major storyline nicely. Super melodramatic and glittery, absolutely ridiculous and clearly aimed at pre teens girls and that's how I like it
    Also this volume ends on a very funny cliffhanger and I'm just generally curious where Takeuchi will take the story and mythology from here.
    If I had two complaints, I really wish she drew less close ups and a few more backgrounds and I know this would be too expensive but I kinda miss the colours from this story (I'm usually not nitpicky with backgrounds and colours but I think this book cold benefit from both).

Map to the sun: new First second release about teenage girls in a bad neighborhood forming a basketball team (coincidentally I've just finished a prose book with the same premise like 2 weeks ago). It's a bit more somber than you'd expect from a "YA" premise and the art is quite trippy due to the colours (the paneling and the art is easy to follow tho). I think the end wrapped up a bit too quickly but maybe just because it took a while to get to the actual basketball part (which wasn't a bad thing at all) and I've just seen how many pages was left but the story was still going.
    Over all I've really liked it, read it in one sitting, and I'm definitely interested in Sloane Leong's further works.