Page 129 of 220 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3287

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I read volume 1 some time ago and can't even remember what I thought of it...
    It was alright. I didn't think it was terrible but it wasn't brilliant. I think it could've done more from the trans angle and maybe reduced the superheroing a bit. Volume 2 might be different though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

After some recent purchases, I now have the brilliant dilemma of choosing which to read first between all 3 Black Science Premiere hardcovers or reading all 3 Invincible Compendiums.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    After some recent purchases, I now have the brilliant dilemma of choosing which to read first between all 3 Black Science Premiere hardcovers or reading all 3 Invincible Compendiums.
    I'm about half done with Black Science myself and burned through the 3 Invincible Compendiums last summer. Invincible moves much faster, so you'll feel the sense of progress more there.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm about half done with Black Science myself and burned through the 3 Invincible Compendiums last summer. Invincible moves much faster, so you'll feel the sense of progress more there.
    I know what you mean about Invincible. I did read the first compendium a while back and flew through it. I've not read compendiums 2 or 3 and I've not read a single issue of Black Science before.

Snap. Just finished Invincible and waiting for the 3rd BS hardcover to be delivered. Started on Paper Girls in the meantime to fill the wait.

I just received these BD for my birthday. Persepolis, Thorgal Integral 1, Blueberry Integral 3, published by Norma Editorial

Books.jpg
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Batman Black and White, a right chore, couldn’t finish it, on the eBay pile it goes

It was alright. I didn't think it was terrible but it wasn't brilliant. I think it could've done more from the trans angle and maybe reduced the superheroing a bit. Volume 2 might be different though.
    That's interesting because I bought it for that angle haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Read through all the The Boys TPB omnis since Wednesday, only 3 issues left for tonight.

This series is great and while I appreciate why certain changes were made to the TV show, as so often the source provides the more comprehensive experience. Definitely recommended (although I still need to see how it all ends tonight).

Finished the two Paper Girls hardcovers. Bought it based solely on Vaughan writing it, and it was pretty much what you'd expect. Very easy reading with some interesting ideas in there. Will probably pick up the next hardcover if there ever is one.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Just finished the Nance Collins Swamp Thing and that was terrific. It put me in the mood to read early Vertigo so I started reading my Hellblazer Original Sins trade. Better than I remembered. I just ordered the Dangerous Habits trade. I wonder how good the original Delano run is in retrospect.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Just finished the Nance Collins Swamp Thing and that was terrific. It put me in the mood to read early Vertigo so I started reading my Hellblazer Original Sins trade. Better than I remembered. I just ordered the Dangerous Habits trade. I wonder how good the original Delano run is in retrospect.
    Any further thoughts on Nancy Collins Swamp Thing? I’ve been close to pulling the trigger but it seems to have a divided reaction. Some people love it some people hate it.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am a big fan of the character, love the original Len Wein Wrightson issues, can't say enough about the Moore run, and I really like the Millar and Soule recent runs.

It carries on from the Moore run with all the characters and mythology intact. I thought it read really well, nice balance of character stories and good old fashioned horror stories.

I read some of the controversy on the politics but, come on environmentalism good, racism bad,,, I don't see the problem.
    I think its a good solid run, solid horror comic moments, great new characters to the universe, generally really well written.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Personally, I like it better than the Ennis run. Then again I'm a fan of Delano's more cerebral writing style in general. If you like "Original Sins", I'd highly recommend the next volume "The Devil You Know".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Any further thoughts on Nancy Collins Swamp Thing? I’ve been close to pulling the trigger but it seems to have a divided reaction. Some people love it some people hate it.
    While I haven't cracked open my copy yet, I read the run in singles years ago and I really enjoyed it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES