Page 186 of 218 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3266

Superman Chronicles Vol. 1 with the earliest Superman stories by Siegel and Shuster from Action Comics #1-13, World's Finest #1, and Superman #1

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just read all the (world of) Black Hammer library editions.
    I was thinking about starting Black Hammer, but I worry it is a dour deconstruction of the superhero genre. I prefer my heroes as heroes, am I wrong in my assessment?

Spectacular Member

Starting the West Coast Avengers Volume 1. The memories man, wow. Question though, is there a good site to purchase these Epic Collections besides Ebay? I’m really not keen on shelling out $100 for the Lost in Space/Time trade. Is there a thread for buying on this site that I’ve not found?

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Starting the West Coast Avengers Volume 1. The memories man, wow. Question though, is there a good site to purchase these Epic Collections besides Ebay? I’m really not keen on shelling out $100 for the Lost in Space/Time trade. Is there a thread for buying on this site that I’ve not found?
    I want to buy that 2nd Epic as well, will wait for a reprint. Most OOP Epics get reprinted at some point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I want to buy that 2nd Epic as well, will wait for a reprint. Most OOP Epics get reprinted at some point.
    Cool. I was not aware, I will wait for the Punisher stuff I want then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Cool. I was not aware, I will wait for the Punisher stuff I want then too.
    Near Mint Condition is a good source to know when Epic reprints are announced:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/NearMintCondition

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was thinking about starting Black Hammer, but I worry it is a dour deconstruction of the superhero genre. I prefer my heroes as heroes, am I wrong in my assessment?
    I just found it boring, ended up selling them

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm starting Man-Wolf the Complete Collection for my Halloween week reading. Probably not finish it till sometime in November.
    I finished this collection and I highly recommend it to fans of Spider-mans broader villain/support cast.
    The way this collection ends makes me curious to know more about what transpires with John Jameson between this and his appearances in the Carnage series from a few years back. I'm wondering if the glaring issue is addressed before he appears in the series or in some other issue(s) in the 90s/00s. That issue being spoilers:
    The Man-Wolf "viral" symbiote is purged from his body and the stone disintegrates.
    end of spoilers
    The Carnage Omni has these issue so I'll get to it.

In the meantime I've started Darkhawk Classic vol.1 (hint, only one) that has the first 9 issues of the original classic series. Four issues in and I am enjoying the nostalgia. We need an Omni for this run. Maybe two volumes when including Darkhawk crossover appearances.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I just found it boring, ended up selling them
    ohh, okay thanks for the info.

I pay pick up the first volume digitally and see if it works for me

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am a big fan of the Black Hammer series. I think it is definitely a bit more somber than a traditional Superhero book but the characters, world building, and storytelling are top notch. I am a fan of Jeff Lemire though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am a big fan of the Black Hammer series. I think it is definitely a bit more somber than a traditional Superhero book but the characters, world building, and storytelling are top notch. I am a fan of Jeff Lemire though.
    +1 Just read all the Library editions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    +1 Just read all the Library editions
    I'll for sure to check out volume one and then go from there.

Thanks for the info!

X-23: Innocence Lost

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Finished the first two volumes of Berlin by Jason Lutes (waiting on the third to arrive). While waiting I started in on Strangehaven Vol. 1 Arcadia by Gary Spencer Millidge and Zot! The Complete Black and White issues omnibus by Scott McCloud.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Grandville l'integrale