Page 125 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3277
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Thanks! I actually have the Y Absolutes on the shelf as well. Got them during a sale for a good price and now they have been waiting to be read. But first this 50 issue behemoth
    Let me know what you think!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Let me know what you think!
    May take me a while as I am super busy at work but I always post my thoughts about my recent reads in this thread here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ad-and-Rate-It (just in case I forget to post something here, apologies in advance )
    Last edited by Foxy; 05-12-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Hey guys. Got a Conan question especially for people familiar with all the Dark Horse material. So looks like Marvel will cover almost the entirety of the material collected in the seven Dark Horse omnis with the first six epics with the exception of Conan the Avenger 1-25 which I imagine will be collected in a yet to be announced epic (or two). My understanding is that the Dark Horse omnis collected the Colossal Conan and Colossal Conan the Cinmerian. My question is was Colossal King Conan collected in those omnis? I’m thinking it wasn’t which means Marvel might not be collecting King Conan 1-24. If someone could clarify this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m wondering whether the Colossal King Conan is my only option for collecting that material.
    That's correct but just because Dark Horse didn't reprint the Truman/Giorello King Conan stories outside of the original trades and the Colossal King Conan, that doesn't mean that Marvel won't. They'll probably get around to it with a separate line...eventually.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    That's correct but just because Dark Horse didn't reprint the Truman/Giorello King Conan stories outside of the original trades and the Colossal King Conan, that doesn't mean that Marvel won't. They'll probably get around to it with a separate line...eventually.
    Thanks for the reply. Exactly what I was looking for. I really hope it doesn’t take forever for Marvel to collect it. I will probably wait as I really don’t want to pay more than $200 for the Colossal King Conan and that’s not going to happen as it’s going for much more than that usually. At least I have the Conan epics to look forward to and the Conan Reader I just got. Paid $60 for it but it’s great content so was worth paying double. Also read Conan Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 1 but I didn’t enjoy it. Didn’t live up to the hype for me. I think for a lot of people it’s just for nostalgia’s sake. Conan under the limitations of the Comics Code of the time is just too neutered. It wasn’t for me but hope others enjoy it. Haven’t read Savage Conan yet but think that will be more to my liking.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Daredevil by Bendis v2
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jessica Jones (2nd Bendis- Gaydos series): Other than JJ being integrated more into the main Marvel continuity, this very much felt like the original series (which I've read once about 4 years ago, but really liked it).
    If you liked that you can probably just jump right into this one, there is a bit of a time gap where her and Luke had a kid who is 2 now but other than that it's good old Alias and I loved it (also the Bendis dialogue felt toned down, which is good).

Kelly Thompson's Jessica Jones: Thompson manages to keep the tone and the characters consistent but I'm not super crazy about the art. It looks pretty but it gradually devolved into a Mike Deodato Jr like style where it feels like the artist is tracing 3D models (or using them as a template, calling it tracing is a bit harsh) and it made the characters look artificial and stiff.
    Also they retcon an important bit from Bendis' run which I wasn't crazy about but other than that it's a fun series with the highlights being Jessica's interactions with Elsa Bloodstone and Emma Frost.

About halfway through snyders Batman omni, I’m enjoying it more than the Morrison Batman I have just finished, but I think I’m suffering a bit from Batman burnout, which doesn’t bode well as my next reads are Batman Black and White, Batman and Robin by Gleason and the Batman Eternal omnibus.

As a side note, the binding on the synder omni is absolutely awful, almost impossible to read at times as it’s so tight, terrible stuff

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    About halfway through snyders Batman omni, I’m enjoying it more than the Morrison Batman I have just finished, but I think I’m suffering a bit from Batman burnout, which doesn’t bode well as my next reads are Batman Black and White, Batman and Robin by Gleason and the Batman Eternal omnibus.

As a side note, the binding on the synder omni is absolutely awful, almost impossible to read at times as it’s so tight, terrible stuff
    I am currently running through a huge Batman reading order, starting with the "Birth/Son/Bride of the Demon" stories and Morrison's Batman. I am currently at Death of the Family, bouncing between Snyder's Batman Omnibus, Tomasi's Batman and Robin Omnibus and (currently) Joker: Death of the Family HC.

Once I finish Death of the Family I will probably break off from Batman and move on to Hellboy Library Edition Vol 1 and 2 (although I know that will just lead to buying 3 and 4 and more)!

Spectacular Member

Good luck guys. I LOVE Batman myself but it’s difficult to go straight through and read a ton of it at a time. Definitely need to take a break in between and sneak in some other stuff, preferably non-superhero or non-Marvel/DC.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Good luck guys. I LOVE Batman myself but it’s difficult to go straight through and read a ton of it at a time. Definitely need to take a break in between and sneak in some other stuff, preferably non-superhero or non-Marvel/DC.
    Agree there. I have broken it up about 10 times with other stuff. I also have this Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus 1 sitting here calling my name...

Astonishing Member

Finished reading Asterix and the Cauldron.Very good reading to me.

Incredible Member

Halfway through the Ex Machina omnibus and really enjoying it. Like the political stuff even more than the superhero stuff. I guess it's fair to say (after reading Saga and now this) that BKV knows how to write
    Last edited by Foxy; 05-15-2020 at 06:36 AM.

I've been sampling various DC titles from the New 52 and Rebirth era - with the result that I'm now ready to either abandon DC completely or at least go back to their 80's/90's stuff... it's a shame though, because some of it really started off hot - but then completely fizzled out into an outright disaster. Like N52 Superman/Action Comics. Holy s---...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame, I was looking forward to it for a long while, but after seeing the vids there was no way I was paying for that kind of terrible binding.

Mighty Member

Tearing through Black Science by Rick Remender. I'm on v4 right now, and it's a rip-roaring good time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm