Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
For me Jack of Fables had a horrible start. At some point everything finally clicked and I thought it was hilarious. My theory is that Willingham was pretty hands off in the early issues, then as the crossover approached he got more involved.

The biggest problem was the new concepts that were introduced that were not well explained. I don't know how you could enjoy the crossover without having read Jack of Fables but it was a very rough start for me. One day I will reread them to see if it works better knowing whats going on from issue 1.

That said I personally think you could stop reading Fables when the war ends. I don't think it ever reached those heights again.

Interesting....After I finish a bunch of new books I've acquired, I'm going to dive back into Fables and read the entire series (That second half I upgraded with the hardcovers is still shrink-wrapped). I'm looking forward to seeing how the cross-over is, especially since most people speak down on it.

I disagree on Fables never reaching its heights again after the war ended. I actually enjoyed some of the later storylines more....."Cubs in Toyland", Mr. Dark, etc....