Page 209 of 221 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3301

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    An excellent series!
    I loved the anime, so definitely enjoying the manga, even more so, as I think the manga has better pacing

Next read: 20th Century Boys 1-3 out of 11 (though I know that 21st Century Boys works as a 12th volume)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Strangers in Paradise hardcover box. First time read. Let's hope it's great

Finished Hillbilly Vol. 2 and on to vol. 3. Still digging Eric Powell's stuff.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Wyrd by Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso. A 4 issue series put out by Image Comics. An immortal man works as a troubleshooter for the US government. Mostly episodic but a larger arc about his origins that fizzles out by the end.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-06-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I loved the anime, so definitely enjoying the manga, even more so, as I think the manga has better pacing

Next read: 20th Century Boys 1-3 out of 11 (though I know that 21st Century Boys works as a 12th volume)
    20th / 21st is my favorite Urasawa.

Not all Robots by Mark Russell and Mike Deodoto Jr.

Brilliant satire comic about robots being our overlords but still being unhappy about it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    You mean Johns?

Peace
    Haha, yes of course.
    I started reading WW E1 next so my goof.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A month ago I ordered from Booktopia the four (so far) volumes of Fantagraphics' 'The George Herriman Library', which collect the Krazy Kat Sunday strips published between 1916-1927. I'd seen a bit of Krazy Kat here and there over the years, and was quite intrigued, and these were on sale, so why the heck not, sed I!

They're BIG books, reproducing the strips in what I assume was their originally published size. The artwork is energetic and incredibly detailed, and seeing the wide array of characters and the way they interact with each other in their fictional little world on the banks of the Rio Grande is an absolute joy.

Extraordinary Member

Mad Magazine Movie classics. Funny read

Bungo Stray dogs- another story- yukito ayatsuji versus natsuhiko kyougoku. It's a spinoff to Bungo Stray Dogs. A supernatural thriller where Ayatsuji matches wits with an old enemy.

Sherlock Holmes meets Jojo Bizarre Adventure.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-09-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Witch Hat Atelier 6-9, by Kamome Shirahama
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just started reading Sandman Mystery Theater and I really like the way they pace out the stories. I LOVE Dian Belmont.

After re-reading vol 1 to refresh my memory, I read Harrow County vol 2 last night. Now I need to get vol 3 before I forget what happened in vol 2!

I just tore through the first tpb (albeit in digital form) of Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo's Nightwing, and I crave more!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Strangers in Paradise hardcover box. First time read. Let's hope it's great
    Finished book 1. Wow! I loved it. Looking forward to book 2.