Page 70 of 220 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3296
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I just read the Daredevil “Born Again” storyline by Frank Miller. I can’t believe this was my first time reading this classic.

Great stuff. Lives up to the hype.
    Usually ranked in the Top 3 to 5 Best comic runs/stories of all time and hailed as the best Daredevil story ever. It is quite stellar but ranks as my 3rd favourite Daredevil run/story - 2nd place goes to Miller's initial Daredevil run whereas my No. 1 is Angels Unaware by Lee Weeks from the Daredevil: Dark Nights Anthology. I heartily reccommend it.

I'm reading ASM Civil War. It's great so far and a good use of an event to make interesting stories, instead of being just a Tie-In for the sake of it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Usually ranked in the Top 3 to 5 Best comic runs/stories of all time and hailed as the best Daredevil story ever. It is quite stellar but ranks as my 3rd favourite Daredevil run/story - 2nd place goes to Miller's initial Daredevil run whereas my No. 1 is Angels Unaware by Lee Weeks from the Daredevil: Dark Nights Anthology. I heartily reccommend it.
    Thanks, man. I always appreciate quality recommendations.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 12-27-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I finished Aquaman Volume 7: Exiled HC before Christmas. Wasn't a fan of it. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't that good either.

I'm now reading one of the Christmas presents...Killing and Dying by Adrian Tomine.

I'm in the middle of reading the Aquaman: Underworld HC by Dan Abnett & Stjepan Sejic....It was a blind-buy I got due to being a fan of Sejic's art. So far, it's surprisingly good. So much so that I think I'll re-read it a second time as soon as I finish it. Intriguing storyline, Garth comes in, and Sejic's art is a treat to look at, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I wonder if the Fraction FF is worth getting?
    Popular consensus seemed to be no, especially coming after Hickman's masterful run.

I just read Silver Surfer by Dan Slott and the Allreds. This is the best love story in comics since Alan Moore's Abby and Alec saga. I got if for the art and even that topped what I expected. It is just a gorgeous book with the best love story I have read in years. I think this is one of my new all time favorite books. It makes collecting these things worth it. They should make this movie now!
    I just finished it tonight and it really was beautiful. Slott is one of my favorite writers and the Allred's are always favorites. I knew that this would be a well written and wonderfully drawn and colored book, but it exceeded all of my expectations.

Almost done with the Daredevil Epic: A Touch of Typhoid.

I did not read these when released, but I certainly saw JR junior’s work done before this, and this Daredevil stuff looked horrible in comparison. Story is good, thankfully.
    i love romita jrs' work on that run of daredevil. imo you can really see him come into his own from issue to issue and that's just cool to see even if it can be a bit rough or raw at times.

I just read Silver Surfer by Dan Slott and the Allreds. This is the best love story in comics since Alan Moore's Abby and Alec saga. I got if for the art and even that topped what I expected. It is just a gorgeous book with the best love story I have read in years. I think this is one of my new all time favorite books. It makes collecting these things worth it. They should make this movie now!

And since I see everything through the lens of Superman. This book so reminded me of the out there weird one off adventures Superman would have in the late 60s. Stories that were just as much Twilight Zone as Superman.

I wonder if the Fraction FF is worth getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I just finished it tonight and it really was beautiful. Slott is one of my favorite writers and the Allred's are always favorites. I knew that this would be a well written and wonderfully drawn and colored book, but it exceeded all of my expectations.
    I'm looking forward to receiving this. It's on its (very long) way from IST (must be the Christmas post). It's going to look very fine next to the SS Lee Buscema Omnibus (one of my favourites) my shelf

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i love romita jrs' work on that run of daredevil. imo you can really see him come into his own from issue to issue and that's just cool to see even if it can be a bit rough or raw at times.
    I do think Daredevil was some of JRJR's better work. A lot depends also on the inker and Al Williamson really had his back on Nocenti's run. I really didn't take to Romta JR's later work on runs such as Amazing Spider-Man.

His dad was better.

Hellboy: The Wild Hunt TPB (Second Edition)
    (October 2018 / collects Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1-8.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The last two I've read/I'm reading, The book of Ezekiel and Sins Past. I plan to buy Civil War: Spider-Man and OMD (this one really cheap) soon

Attachment 75381
    Is this a chilean edition? It's so weird seeing "Spiderman" written without a hyphen in an official book.
    Granted, he was called El Hombre Araña here in Mexico for a long time, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Is this a chilean edition? It's so weird seeing "Spiderman" written without a hyphen in an official book.
    I take it that's an 'imported' Spanish edition - it's spelled like that over here.

His dad was better.
    Yes, SR was great.

Have you read The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller, JRJR and Al Williamson. JR was in top form there.

He's also a very good storyteller in that the art and panels are well thought out and "read" well. IMHO, I think his biggest weakness are the faces he draws. Most adults look like teenagers and women look like men at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, SR was great.

Have you read The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller, JRJR and Al Williamson. JR was in top form there.

He's also a very good storyteller in that the art and panels are well thought out and "read" well. IMHO, I think his biggest weakness are the faces he draws. Most adults look like teenagers and women look like men at times.
    Is that the one where his origin is retold? Pretty graphic portrayal of his dad getting killed after throwing the fight? If so, I think I read it in digital format a year or two ago and remember enjoying it.

I think what really turned me off on junior’s work on the two DD Epics I recently read was his reimagined look for Mephisto. He looked evil, but damn it, Mephisto should look like Mephisto. Really bothered me. And my gripes are totally subjective...I am not right or wrong for disliking the art, nor is anyone else for liking it.